- 434 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 9/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- HiFiMAN @ StereoExchange Headphone Event Thursday March 19 in New York City Last post on Today at 12:48 am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Result of Valentine’s giving away Last post on 2/28/15 at 7:23am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Never Miss It! HIFIMAN Giving Away Free Gifts Last post on 2/26/15 at 7:11pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- ADAPTER HE60 to Stax Last post on 2/10/15 at 9:02am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- 7' braided occ cable for Hifiman *Shipped* Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:45am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
Level: Amateur Mostly Experience: First Personal Pair We can all agree it's been reviewed too much? Good. My turn please... I'm aware of the reputation these carry, how audio should sound...
I wrote this on Amazon, thought I'd share it with you all. Please, ask questions. Audio Technica has crafted a pair of headphones that might make you second guess your pair of MX50s, or any...
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Btw, I've got an old production HE-500. I haven't really abused it or used it too much but the paint on my Y-Yoke/Gimbals that are originally black have all but deteriorated. Now it looks a little retarded. What kind of paint do you all recommend me to use for a future repaint job whenever I find the time to do some touch up.
Or does head-direct sell replacement metal yoke's for the HE-500. I hear the newer models have a much better paint finish that doesn't just.. chip off with the wind.
Has there been another unannounced driver revision change for HE400?
I sent my old HE400 (made in May I think) with translucent white drivers back because it had a buzzing issue, and the new pair has sandy yellow plastic drivers and seems to sound brighter in the treble.
Edited by jerg - 9/27/12 at 8:58pm
I was changing earpads for the HE-6, and i realised there was this deteriorated foam on the grille, both sides.
Does the foam padding on HE-6 serve any specifc function? It is sticked onto the grille before the driver.
I have since removed and cleanup that sticky mess, which seems does not affect anything, but i do feel the mids suffered a little or it could be just me.
I though you guys was gong to be here immediately? It's been a full day with no response to the above questions. We want fast service..
Another question about getting spare parts for a HE-6. I am after a couple of thin plastic rings, the one that hold the grill at the back/outside of the driver. I have sent emails to head-direct website but everytime you direct me to the ear cushions. ..language barrier I guess...Is their a part number for those rings? Thanks
All the questions so far MUST be professionally resolved by us.
Sorry for the delay.
What kind of tweaks did you guys do if you don't mind me asking?
- Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 12 seconds ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 26 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro VS Chord HUGO 50 seconds ago
- › Any opinions on the Senn HD280PRO vs ATH-M50? 53 seconds ago
- › Balanced RSA/ALO 4ft Cardas Headphone Cable for Sennheiser HD 650... 57 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › Advice Regarding My Grado, AKG, and Sennheisers 2 minutes ago
- › Bose Companion 5 headphone out not as good as PC headphone out 2 minutes ago
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STX II 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by ahnvx
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by LonghornTech
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2