- 436 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 9/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- CanJam Music Appreciation Contest Last post on Yesterday at 10:58 am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- HiFiMAN @ StereoExchange Headphone Event Thursday March 19 in New York City Last post on 3/28/15 at 11:01pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Result of Valentine’s giving away Last post on 4/9/15 at 7:13pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Never Miss It! HIFIMAN Giving Away Free Gifts Last post on 2/26/15 at 7:11pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- ADAPTER HE60 to Stax Last post on 2/10/15 at 9:02am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
IE80 - High End Earphones I think there's a point to where you draw the line for a Price Point, this goes over that boundary and breaks the rules of it's price, which is unfortunate. I feel...
If you want a natural sound with realistic vocals and soundstage, tight bass, sparkling highs without being fatigued, and a headphone who can reveal the true quality of the recorded music, and...
you know the original price of this one, a rock solid $100. can you feel it ? yees, there's a bad review is coming... let's take a look at what brainwavz says for it's own product, one thing comes...
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Btw, I've got an old production HE-500. I haven't really abused it or used it too much but the paint on my Y-Yoke/Gimbals that are originally black have all but deteriorated. Now it looks a little retarded. What kind of paint do you all recommend me to use for a future repaint job whenever I find the time to do some touch up.
Or does head-direct sell replacement metal yoke's for the HE-500. I hear the newer models have a much better paint finish that doesn't just.. chip off with the wind.
Has there been another unannounced driver revision change for HE400?
I sent my old HE400 (made in May I think) with translucent white drivers back because it had a buzzing issue, and the new pair has sandy yellow plastic drivers and seems to sound brighter in the treble.
Edited by jerg - 9/27/12 at 8:58pm
I was changing earpads for the HE-6, and i realised there was this deteriorated foam on the grille, both sides.
Does the foam padding on HE-6 serve any specifc function? It is sticked onto the grille before the driver.
I have since removed and cleanup that sticky mess, which seems does not affect anything, but i do feel the mids suffered a little or it could be just me.
I though you guys was gong to be here immediately? It's been a full day with no response to the above questions. We want fast service..
Another question about getting spare parts for a HE-6. I am after a couple of thin plastic rings, the one that hold the grill at the back/outside of the driver. I have sent emails to head-direct website but everytime you direct me to the ear cushions. ..language barrier I guess...Is their a part number for those rings? Thanks
All the questions so far MUST be professionally resolved by us.
Sorry for the delay.
What kind of tweaks did you guys do if you don't mind me asking?
- Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › SF Bay Area mini meet May 2nd 2015 (CanJam after party!!!!) 44 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Eddie Current's upcoming SS amp called Red Top ?! 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › Best full sized headphones under $200 for punk rock / rock /... 3 minutes ago
- › Best Portable Headphone Amp+Dac for around $150....? 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2