- 298 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 9/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- The results of giveaway! Last post on Yesterday at 11:32 pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Amp/DAC combinations for the future Last post on 4/16/14 at 4:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HE-560 is on its way! Last post on 4/11/14 at 11:43am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- HM-901 V1.085 and HM-802 V1.003 firmware update Last post on 4/9/14 at 1:51am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- free gifts of RE600, HM700 and RE400 Last post on Yesterday at 6:05 pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Btw, I've got an old production HE-500. I haven't really abused it or used it too much but the paint on my Y-Yoke/Gimbals that are originally black have all but deteriorated. Now it looks a little retarded. What kind of paint do you all recommend me to use for a future repaint job whenever I find the time to do some touch up.
Or does head-direct sell replacement metal yoke's for the HE-500. I hear the newer models have a much better paint finish that doesn't just.. chip off with the wind.
Has there been another unannounced driver revision change for HE400?
I sent my old HE400 (made in May I think) with translucent white drivers back because it had a buzzing issue, and the new pair has sandy yellow plastic drivers and seems to sound brighter in the treble.
Edited by jerg - 9/27/12 at 8:58pm
I was changing earpads for the HE-6, and i realised there was this deteriorated foam on the grille, both sides.
Does the foam padding on HE-6 serve any specifc function? It is sticked onto the grille before the driver.
I have since removed and cleanup that sticky mess, which seems does not affect anything, but i do feel the mids suffered a little or it could be just me.
I though you guys was gong to be here immediately? It's been a full day with no response to the above questions. We want fast service..
Another question about getting spare parts for a HE-6. I am after a couple of thin plastic rings, the one that hold the grill at the back/outside of the driver. I have sent emails to head-direct website but everytime you direct me to the ear cushions. ..language barrier I guess...Is their a part number for those rings? Thanks
All the questions so far MUST be professionally resolved by us.
Sorry for the delay.
What kind of tweaks did you guys do if you don't mind me asking?
- Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The Stax Thread III 20 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 26 seconds ago
- › Worst speakers you have ever heard 38 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 45 seconds ago
- › Ranking of 21 DACs and DAC Configurations (and why chocolate ice... 54 seconds ago
- › VentureCraft new DDC/DAC Go-DAP DD Socket 1 product 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 1 minute ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob