- 238 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 9/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- For sale: HiFiMan HE-400 + premium wooden box + pleather/velour pads [PRICE DROP] Last post on 11/26/13 at 3:36pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- High-Five with HiFiMAN Give-Away (RMAF/CANJAM) Last post on 10/8/13 at 1:26am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- HiFiMAN: Here to stay or FOTM? Last post on 9/8/13 at 11:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- New Headphone amp for the HIFIMAN Planar Magnetic Headphones Last post on 11/3/12 at 4:02pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600 Last post on 12/3/13 at 8:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
This is the veteran ex-flagship model from FitEar／須山補聴器 before the Mitsuharu Harada series (MH335DW) was released recently. The C435 is a 4 way crossover configuration, 5 drivers (2 highs, 2 mids 1...
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM
Btw, I've got an old production HE-500. I haven't really abused it or used it too much but the paint on my Y-Yoke/Gimbals that are originally black have all but deteriorated. Now it looks a little retarded. What kind of paint do you all recommend me to use for a future repaint job whenever I find the time to do some touch up.
Or does head-direct sell replacement metal yoke's for the HE-500. I hear the newer models have a much better paint finish that doesn't just.. chip off with the wind.
Has there been another unannounced driver revision change for HE400?
I sent my old HE400 (made in May I think) with translucent white drivers back because it had a buzzing issue, and the new pair has sandy yellow plastic drivers and seems to sound brighter in the treble.
Edited by jerg - 9/27/12 at 8:58pm
I was changing earpads for the HE-6, and i realised there was this deteriorated foam on the grille, both sides.
Does the foam padding on HE-6 serve any specifc function? It is sticked onto the grille before the driver.
I have since removed and cleanup that sticky mess, which seems does not affect anything, but i do feel the mids suffered a little or it could be just me.
I though you guys was gong to be here immediately? It's been a full day with no response to the above questions. We want fast service..
Another question about getting spare parts for a HE-6. I am after a couple of thin plastic rings, the one that hold the grill at the back/outside of the driver. I have sent emails to head-direct website but everytime you direct me to the ear cushions. ..language barrier I guess...Is their a part number for those rings? Thanks
All the questions so far MUST be professionally resolved by us.
Sorry for the delay.
What kind of tweaks did you guys do if you don't mind me asking?
- Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 16 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms 45 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Yet another HD800 thread... 2 minutes ago
- › WTB: Ultrasone Edition 9s 2 minutes ago
- › Need help with choosing between Fiio X3 and Fiio e18 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Kao Audio UD2C HP DAC with headphone amp 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900X Appreciation Thread. :) 3 minutes ago
- › The Alpha Dog Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by TheLastDevil
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi