What's with the star trek avatar?
- productAKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productAKG K 141 MK II K141MKII K 141 MKII HEADPHONES DJtagged by System, 9/27/12
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700X Art Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 9/27/12More
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by System, 9/27/12
- productPioneer SE-A1000 Lightweight Audiophile AV Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 238 Stereo Open Aire Headphonetagged by System, 9/27/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 9/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for a friend who plays acoustic guitar Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Headphones for Competitive Gaming Last post on 8/22/12 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Closed headphone for work Last post on 11/17/12 at 7:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for headphones for ~£200! Last post on 11/10/12 at 4:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
i bought it this buletooth headphone 1 week ago. when i received it, i found it's very weightless, i think it's about half an ounce weight. about the performace, it can play 7 hours or more, the...
Introduction – Westone separate their universal range of iems into two categories, the consumer W series and the more professionally orientated UM Pro series that were designed for use during live...
First of all, I would like to thank Dimitri Trush, CEO of the MusicaAcoustics for providing me review sample of Oriolus in exchange of my honest opinion. Oriolus’ official website:...
These are easily the best headphones I have. They are a strange set in that they have a nice flat neutral sound signature that gives great detailed mids and highs, but have great sub and mid bass,...
First of all I would like to thank the team at www.hifiheadphones.co.uk for the review sample I had the opportunity to test out and to write a bit about it. This is a good sounding music player...
Does anyone wear fullsize headphones out in public? - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 10310/1/12 at 4:24pmpost #63 of 10310/1/12 at 6:10pmpost #64 of 10310/1/12 at 6:59pmpost #65 of 10310/1/12 at 9:43pmQuote:
Nah, we're not messing with him. Hes a buddy of mine, it's all in good fun!Quote:
Well I wouldn't go that far (no offense to obobs). Honestly, the alternative was Oatmeal October. For obvious reasons, this was more fun!post #66 of 10310/2/12 at 1:27pmpost #67 of 10310/2/12 at 1:55pm
I wear my Grado RS1i's when I'm riding my bike or outside in a less noisy area. Otherwise I alternate between my Ultrasone Signature Pro's and Edition 8 Palladiums depending on the day and what kind of rig I want to carry around.
I like IEMs too, though.
Edited by driver 8 - 10/2/12 at 1:57pmpost #68 of 10310/2/12 at 6:47pmQuote:
LOL, glad I could help!post #69 of 10310/2/12 at 9:34pmpost #70 of 10310/3/12 at 7:18amQuote:
Oh he's definitely around, though posting less these past few days. He's got new cans, so as you can imagine he's off doing what all of us are doing when we're not here - enjoying them cans!post #71 of 10310/4/12 at 10:59amI used to wear a Sony MDR-XD200 outdoors. Isolation was just right and it didn't have leakage. It doubled as a hairband and tripled as a pair of earmuffs!
After about 6 years, the lower headband on it broke (not to mention the really cheap pleather started to flake off) and made it uncomfortable to wear, so I needed a new pair of cans. Now, I wear a Superlux HD669 for that. Its blatantly cheap Taiwanese-knockoff look makes it less of a theft target than those gaudy rapper headphones that scream, "Please mug me."
Full-size headphones are perfectly capable of outdoor usage. Even medium ones, such as the XD200, will rest on your neck fine even without any rotating cups. The larger ones, such as the HD669, might be a bit cumbersome but are still usable as such. Yes, IEMs are more portable, but they hurt my ears when inserted and so I've never been a fan of them.
I think closed headphones are better for public usage than open headphones due to better isolation and less leakage. You don't want too much isolation unless taking off your headphones to be able to hear people speak is acceptable. The leakage thing is a courtesy, but you probably don't want to agitate people if you live in or pass through a "rougher neighborhood". For the same reason, it should also be something affordable. Leave your expensive fancy open headphones in the safety of your home.post #72 of 10310/4/12 at 7:28pmpost #73 of 10310/4/12 at 7:44pmpost #74 of 10310/4/12 at 9:08pmpost #75 of 10310/4/12 at 9:20pm
- Does anyone wear fullsize headphones out in public?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 1 minute ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 2 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 2 minutes ago
- › IEM Recommendations for EDM 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam London 2016 (August 13-14, 2016) 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1,... 4 minutes ago
- › IEMs/Headphones for guitar amp 4 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Hunter Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Sports 4.1 Bluetooth Headset... by Shobin Wang
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Wired 3.5MM Headphones Earphones, Ghostek® Turbine Series Wired... by Cinder
- › Cleer DU High-Definition Dual Driver Headphone by moedawg140
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by thingol
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...