What's with the star trek avatar?
- productAKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productAKG K 141 MK II K141MKII K 141 MKII HEADPHONES DJtagged by System, 9/27/12
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700X Art Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 9/27/12More
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by System, 9/27/12
- productPioneer SE-A1000 Lightweight Audiophile AV Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 238 Stereo Open Aire Headphonetagged by System, 9/27/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 9/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for a friend who plays acoustic guitar Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Headphones for Competitive Gaming Last post on 8/22/12 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Closed headphone for work Last post on 11/17/12 at 7:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for headphones for ~£200! Last post on 11/10/12 at 4:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
MEE audio M6 Pro Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to MEE audio for the sample Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/806529/mee-audio-m6-pro-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A bargain...
Intro – There are many gadgets that are desirable but not practical; gadgets that are briefly enjoyed then forgotten over time. The RM1 is a very interesting product from Fiio that is quite the...
THIS IS MY FIRST REVIEW I bought this pair of earphones as a cheap alternative for my broken phone earphones. Once I bought it, I never heard of the brand SoundMagic before yet, and doubted the...
Introduction I recently participated in the OPPO PM-1 loaner program -- many thanks to Chris and the folks at OPPO for providing this wonderful opportunity! I was able to demo the PM-1 headphones...
The Head-Fi website is a place for many good things related to headphones, amplifiers, Digital Audio Players (DAPS), and many more items. Manufacturers will often promote their new items on the...
Does anyone wear fullsize headphones out in public? - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 10310/1/12 at 4:24pmpost #63 of 10310/1/12 at 6:10pmpost #64 of 10310/1/12 at 6:59pmpost #65 of 10310/1/12 at 9:43pmQuote:
Nah, we're not messing with him. Hes a buddy of mine, it's all in good fun!Quote:
Well I wouldn't go that far (no offense to obobs). Honestly, the alternative was Oatmeal October. For obvious reasons, this was more fun!post #66 of 10310/2/12 at 1:27pmpost #67 of 10310/2/12 at 1:55pm
I wear my Grado RS1i's when I'm riding my bike or outside in a less noisy area. Otherwise I alternate between my Ultrasone Signature Pro's and Edition 8 Palladiums depending on the day and what kind of rig I want to carry around.
I like IEMs too, though.
Edited by driver 8 - 10/2/12 at 1:57pmpost #68 of 10310/2/12 at 6:47pmQuote:
LOL, glad I could help!post #69 of 10310/2/12 at 9:34pmpost #70 of 10310/3/12 at 7:18amQuote:
Oh he's definitely around, though posting less these past few days. He's got new cans, so as you can imagine he's off doing what all of us are doing when we're not here - enjoying them cans!post #71 of 10310/4/12 at 10:59amI used to wear a Sony MDR-XD200 outdoors. Isolation was just right and it didn't have leakage. It doubled as a hairband and tripled as a pair of earmuffs!
After about 6 years, the lower headband on it broke (not to mention the really cheap pleather started to flake off) and made it uncomfortable to wear, so I needed a new pair of cans. Now, I wear a Superlux HD669 for that. Its blatantly cheap Taiwanese-knockoff look makes it less of a theft target than those gaudy rapper headphones that scream, "Please mug me."
Full-size headphones are perfectly capable of outdoor usage. Even medium ones, such as the XD200, will rest on your neck fine even without any rotating cups. The larger ones, such as the HD669, might be a bit cumbersome but are still usable as such. Yes, IEMs are more portable, but they hurt my ears when inserted and so I've never been a fan of them.
I think closed headphones are better for public usage than open headphones due to better isolation and less leakage. You don't want too much isolation unless taking off your headphones to be able to hear people speak is acceptable. The leakage thing is a courtesy, but you probably don't want to agitate people if you live in or pass through a "rougher neighborhood". For the same reason, it should also be something affordable. Leave your expensive fancy open headphones in the safety of your home.post #72 of 10310/4/12 at 7:28pmpost #73 of 10310/4/12 at 7:44pmpost #74 of 10310/4/12 at 9:08pm
- Does anyone wear fullsize headphones out in public?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › FiiO's new Q1 portable DAC-amp: Let's drink to "Happy Listening"! 14 seconds ago
- › Introduction and help looking for low budget IEM 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 1 minute ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 1 minute ago
- › Headphone amp for the office 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 5 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 6 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by d3f4ul7
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sophonax
- › Edifier P275 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Monitor Earphones - Black by ngoshawk
- › Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-E by RockeyDA
- › Campfire Audio Orion by cleg
- › Philips SHG7980 PC Gaming Headset With Adjustable Microphone by Triquatra
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by H20Fidelity
- › IHIFI-812V2 by Nymphonomaniac
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse