What's with the star trek avatar?
- productAKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productAKG K 141 MK II K141MKII K 141 MKII HEADPHONES DJtagged by System, 9/27/12
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700X Art Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 9/27/12More
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by System, 9/27/12
- productPioneer SE-A1000 Lightweight Audiophile AV Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 238 Stereo Open Aire Headphonetagged by System, 9/27/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 9/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for a friend who plays acoustic guitar Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Headphones for Competitive Gaming Last post on 8/22/12 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Closed headphone for work Last post on 11/17/12 at 7:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for headphones for ~£200! Last post on 11/10/12 at 4:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Does anyone wear fullsize headphones out in public? - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 10310/1/12 at 4:24pmpost #63 of 10310/1/12 at 6:10pmpost #64 of 10310/1/12 at 6:59pmpost #65 of 10310/1/12 at 9:43pmQuote:
Nah, we're not messing with him. Hes a buddy of mine, it's all in good fun!Quote:
Well I wouldn't go that far (no offense to obobs). Honestly, the alternative was Oatmeal October. For obvious reasons, this was more fun!post #66 of 10310/2/12 at 1:27pmpost #67 of 10310/2/12 at 1:55pm
I wear my Grado RS1i's when I'm riding my bike or outside in a less noisy area. Otherwise I alternate between my Ultrasone Signature Pro's and Edition 8 Palladiums depending on the day and what kind of rig I want to carry around.
I like IEMs too, though.
Edited by driver 8 - 10/2/12 at 1:57pmpost #68 of 10310/2/12 at 6:47pmpost #69 of 10310/2/12 at 9:34pmpost #70 of 10310/3/12 at 7:18amQuote:
Oh he's definitely around, though posting less these past few days. He's got new cans, so as you can imagine he's off doing what all of us are doing when we're not here - enjoying them cans!post #71 of 10310/4/12 at 10:59amI used to wear a Sony MDR-XD200 outdoors. Isolation was just right and it didn't have leakage. It doubled as a hairband and tripled as a pair of earmuffs!
After about 6 years, the lower headband on it broke (not to mention the really cheap pleather started to flake off) and made it uncomfortable to wear, so I needed a new pair of cans. Now, I wear a Superlux HD669 for that. Its blatantly cheap Taiwanese-knockoff look makes it less of a theft target than those gaudy rapper headphones that scream, "Please mug me."
Full-size headphones are perfectly capable of outdoor usage. Even medium ones, such as the XD200, will rest on your neck fine even without any rotating cups. The larger ones, such as the HD669, might be a bit cumbersome but are still usable as such. Yes, IEMs are more portable, but they hurt my ears when inserted and so I've never been a fan of them.
I think closed headphones are better for public usage than open headphones due to better isolation and less leakage. You don't want too much isolation unless taking off your headphones to be able to hear people speak is acceptable. The leakage thing is a courtesy, but you probably don't want to agitate people if you live in or pass through a "rougher neighborhood". For the same reason, it should also be something affordable. Leave your expensive fancy open headphones in the safety of your home.post #72 of 10310/4/12 at 7:28pmpost #73 of 10310/4/12 at 7:44pmpost #74 of 10310/4/12 at 9:08pm
- Does anyone wear fullsize headphones out in public?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 41 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 7 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 8 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 8 minutes ago
- › Sabre DAC static help 12 minutes ago
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by ahnvx
- › Somic Head-band Music Audio Headphone Earphone Headset MH489 by PearlyBoy
- › Denon AH-D1100 by PhenomenalNinja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by Zennheiser
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2