What's with the star trek avatar?
- productAKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productAKG K 141 MK II K141MKII K 141 MKII HEADPHONES DJtagged by System, 9/27/12
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700X Art Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 9/27/12More
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by System, 9/27/12
- productPioneer SE-A1000 Lightweight Audiophile AV Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 238 Stereo Open Aire Headphonetagged by System, 9/27/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 9/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for a friend who plays acoustic guitar Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Headphones for Competitive Gaming Last post on 8/22/12 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Closed headphone for work Last post on 11/17/12 at 7:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for headphones for ~£200! Last post on 11/10/12 at 4:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
I've become a big fan of wireless headphones over the years with aptx codec, bluetooth 4.0 technology, and li-ion batteries becoming the standard. This allows more of the battery to be dedicated to...
Introduction Why am I here? Am I seeking an endgame all-in-one audio device? Am I seeking an amplifier for every conceivable, non-electrostatic headphone? Am I seeking a sound that will draw me...
Does anyone wear fullsize headphones out in public? - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 10310/1/12 at 4:24pmpost #63 of 10310/1/12 at 6:10pmpost #64 of 10310/1/12 at 6:59pmpost #65 of 10310/1/12 at 9:43pmQuote:
Nah, we're not messing with him. Hes a buddy of mine, it's all in good fun!Quote:
Well I wouldn't go that far (no offense to obobs). Honestly, the alternative was Oatmeal October. For obvious reasons, this was more fun!post #66 of 10310/2/12 at 1:27pmpost #67 of 10310/2/12 at 1:55pm
I wear my Grado RS1i's when I'm riding my bike or outside in a less noisy area. Otherwise I alternate between my Ultrasone Signature Pro's and Edition 8 Palladiums depending on the day and what kind of rig I want to carry around.
I like IEMs too, though.
Edited by driver 8 - 10/2/12 at 1:57pmpost #68 of 10310/2/12 at 6:47pmQuote:
LOL, glad I could help!post #69 of 10310/2/12 at 9:34pmpost #70 of 10310/3/12 at 7:18amQuote:
Oh he's definitely around, though posting less these past few days. He's got new cans, so as you can imagine he's off doing what all of us are doing when we're not here - enjoying them cans!post #71 of 10310/4/12 at 10:59amI used to wear a Sony MDR-XD200 outdoors. Isolation was just right and it didn't have leakage. It doubled as a hairband and tripled as a pair of earmuffs!
After about 6 years, the lower headband on it broke (not to mention the really cheap pleather started to flake off) and made it uncomfortable to wear, so I needed a new pair of cans. Now, I wear a Superlux HD669 for that. Its blatantly cheap Taiwanese-knockoff look makes it less of a theft target than those gaudy rapper headphones that scream, "Please mug me."
Full-size headphones are perfectly capable of outdoor usage. Even medium ones, such as the XD200, will rest on your neck fine even without any rotating cups. The larger ones, such as the HD669, might be a bit cumbersome but are still usable as such. Yes, IEMs are more portable, but they hurt my ears when inserted and so I've never been a fan of them.
I think closed headphones are better for public usage than open headphones due to better isolation and less leakage. You don't want too much isolation unless taking off your headphones to be able to hear people speak is acceptable. The leakage thing is a courtesy, but you probably don't want to agitate people if you live in or pass through a "rougher neighborhood". For the same reason, it should also be something affordable. Leave your expensive fancy open headphones in the safety of your home.post #72 of 10310/4/12 at 7:28pmpost #73 of 10310/4/12 at 7:44pmpost #74 of 10310/4/12 at 9:08pmpost #75 of 10310/4/12 at 9:20pm
- Does anyone wear fullsize headphones out in public?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Creative G5 discussion and reviews 23 seconds ago
- › Massdrop Fostex TH-X00 Ebony impressions thread 47 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 1 minute ago
- › New iRiver AK70 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 3 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 6 minutes ago
- › frontal sounds go up instead of further in front of me with... 6 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 7 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 7 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...