New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

IC: Upcoming Toronto Meet - Page 3

post #31 of 247

Can you find out how much to rent a room for a number of hours?   Then the cost can be divided by the number of people who sign up.  Surely hearing some great new equipment and music, plus socializing is worth paying a little admission fee.

post #32 of 247
Thread Starter 

I've been away for a little bit, and it looks like a decent response of some of the usual suspects as well as a few new comers. I'm getting away for a little bit over the holiday season (FML airport limo is here in 5 hours, sleep is not my friend), but will be back early in 2013 and totally willing to put something together mid-January, unless of course somebody wants to take on the task. :)

post #33 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-i View Post

Can you find out how much to rent a room for a number of hours?   Then the cost can be divided by the number of people who sign up.  Surely hearing some great new equipment and music, plus socializing is worth paying a little admission fee.

I can, but not until after the break. Also from what I could find online, only approved student groups can rent rooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenAngel View Post

I've been away for a little bit, and it looks like a decent response of some of the usual suspects as well as a few new comers. I'm getting away for a little bit over the holiday season (FML airport limo is here in 5 hours, sleep is not my friend), but will be back early in 2013 and totally willing to put something together mid-January, unless of course somebody wants to take on the task. :)

 

That would be awesome. I would run it but I am having trouble renting a room here at UTSC and my residence is, well, a little small.

post #34 of 247

Hope to see some of you in the new year

Happy holidays

post #35 of 247

well i have a house..and the lower level could be used for a small gathering ..might need some extension cables for power and a table or 2.

but that is if somoene is interested.i do have 2 cats right now

post #36 of 247

KITTIES! ^_^ haha

 

I just acquired M-100s if anyone was interested in a demo

post #37 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apo0th3karY View Post

KITTIES! ^_^ haha

 

I just acquired M-100s if anyone was interested in a demo


YES!

post #38 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandara View Post

well i have a house..and the lower level could be used for a small gathering ..might need some extension cables for power and a table or 2.

but that is if somoene is interested.i do have 2 cats right now

 

Sounds great.  I'll provide whatever help I can such as emailing/PMing past members and getting a list of potential Head-Fiers interested.

Extensions are not a problem, will just need multiple connections for members wanting to set up their rigs.  I'm sure that FallenAngel could also

provide some sage advice.

post #39 of 247
Thread Starter 

Just landed, well rested, and up for some music heaven :)

 

bandara - If you'd like to host, that would be awesome (kinda wanted to get others hosting and get into the spirit of things). Power bars are always in high demand at meets, and it's always great to bring extras, there can never be enough (if nearly everybody brings a 6-port power bar, that barely covers what we need at most meets). Table space is also a priceless commodity, so try to have about 1-2m sq per rig allocated, near a power source per person bringing in their rig (generally I've seen 8-15 rigs arrive at meets).

 

A little table far off to the side for refreshments is always appreciated :)

post #40 of 247

I am guessing almost everyone should be able to bring their own desk and power bar.

This will be my first meet so will need to be guided. atsmile.gif

 

Looking forward to it!

post #41 of 247

Would definitely be interested in a meet. Would have my Edition 8s, Grado 325is, Darth Beyers, Fiio Range (E5, E7), and Headstage Arrow 12HE 4G

post #42 of 247
Did this happen already???
post #43 of 247

i am coming back to toronto on this fall.... are you guys gotta do it again this year?

i can brings some of my headphones

post #44 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlalfjf1234 View Post

i am coming back to toronto on this fall.... are you guys gotta do it again this year?

i can brings some of my headphones

we should try to include Charles at Headfoneshop too

post #45 of 247

yeah definitely, thats great idea.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: