New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

IC: Upcoming Toronto Meet - Page 2

post #16 of 247

I'm always up for one.

post #17 of 247

.


Edited by cdnaudiophile - 12/10/12 at 11:05pm
post #18 of 247

Lots of interest, is anyone able to host and get the ball rolling? I would love to but living in a university residence makes it kind of hard to host something like this.

post #19 of 247

Indeed...I wonder where our venerable scotch loving Russian is...

post #20 of 247

I would sooo love to go as this would be my first Head-Fi meet / event ever!

 

Please keep us updated!

post #21 of 247
I went to bay bloor radio for the second time ever, and first after joining head-fi. Super enlightening. My wallet hates me already, but I would love to go to a meet whenever it can be done.
post #22 of 247

I would love to hear some new headphones and amps without spending a fortune and not knowing if I'll like them.

 

If anyone has an ATH-AD2000 I would love to hear them and compare them to Sennheiser 650 or higher-end models.

 

A meet would be a nice opportunity to showcase what you own and love as well. happy_face1.gif

post #23 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-i View Post

I would love to hear some new headphones and amps without spending a fortune and not knowing if I'll like them.

 

If anyone has an ATH-AD2000 I would love to hear them and compare them to Sennheiser 650 or higher-end models.

 

A meet would be a nice opportunity to showcase what you own and love as well. happy_face1.gif

 

I don't think the AD2k are there,but if you've ever been to Bay Bloor Radio, you can audition a bunch of other Denons, K550s, a wide array of Grados, and the Senn HD650. I did that and wow, with all the talk these guys create around here, they sure to walk the walk.

 

Very bad environment for open cans though, so I'd love to try em out in a.... quieter venue

 

I suspect by the time something is arranged, I'll have myself a decent collection of gear already haha.

post #24 of 247

If anyone ever wants to try the D5000 (sorry no D2000 here) you can arrange to meet up and w\I can let you try mine. Same goes for my K550 and my Q701.
 

post #25 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdunks View Post

If anyone ever wants to try the D5000 (sorry no D2000 here) you can arrange to meet up and w\I can let you try mine. Same goes for my K550 and my Q701.
 

 

I would love to try the K550 and Q701 in a better setting than BBR. 

 

Is the K550 really as bass light as they sounded in BBR?

post #26 of 247

Missed the Vancouver one in September so I'm definitely up for one, gonna be in Toronto area from January-April. 

post #27 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apo0th3karY View Post

 

I would love to try the K550 and Q701 in a better setting than BBR. 

 

Is the K550 really as bass light as they sounded in BBR?


I don't believe so, They really depend on a good seal to get any bass though. It took some playing with them to get the fit right.

post #28 of 247

I ave a schiit valhalla and a Elekit tu88as if anyone wants to audition then..

and also both of them are up for sale..

post #29 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by azncookiecutter View Post

I'm always up for one.

On no, they killed Kenny!  : )

 

I've never been to a meet either.  I've always imagined a big room full of gear and people trying things out, changing different headphones and sources, with every kind of music available (and a guard at the door making sure no one leaves with anything they didn't come with! =).  

 

I think music is highly subjective, what sounds great to someone may not be what another is looking for in the same sound.   There is also the novelty factor, new sounds are more exciting than what we are used to.

 

It looks like there is plenty of interest, so it's a matter of finding a convenient place.  Perhaps a university hall or lecture room, maybe something with tables and chairs would be nice.

post #30 of 247

I could probably rent a room here at UTSC but I am not sure of the cost and I dont think I can really put out much money.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: