Which one of these more close to EX1000's sound signature?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Custom IEM for Bassheads Last post on 7/6/13 at 9:48am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Intro Amp suggestion for Cusom IEMs Last post on 6/2/11 at 4:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- No bass on SR-71B Last post on 6/27/11 at 8:11am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best amp for Pro 18's ? Last post on 5/20/11 at 2:37am in Portable Headphone Amps
- JH Audio JH-3A Last post on 3/17/11 at 1:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Rhapsodio - A Unique Place Indeed - Product Impressions Thread - Page 36
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Despite living in the land of Sony, not familiar with EX1000's enough (or at all!!) to say. May try it one day at the store if I have time.
I think Anak is the only head fier who has heard all three and i think he has done some impressions so give a little search. Also a few others have done Rhaps vs Tral comparisons, i know Ginatras as both now so maybe give him a PM!
As for me i have only heard the 1plus2 and R^2 and i think it is scary how close they come, the R^2 is my go to IEM now over everything, it made my M-Fidelity SA-43 CIEM sound a bit silly yesterday and thats very highly rated my Average_Joe.
I do a comparison between the 1plus2 and R^2 in my review if anyone is interested.
Do you think that the R^2 is better than the SA-43?
That's a shame man, and please do yourself a favor.
The synergy from the EX1000, UHA and my ipod 5.5g modded with the Kemet caps simply blows my mind everyday when I listen to my music. The EX1000 love those caps and that amp. It's a shame the EX has now been discontinued.
Sorry off topic.
It is not quite as simple as that. I prefer listening to the R^2 for sure and i also find it more versatile but without doubt the SA-43 does somethings better, in fact somethings better than anything i have ever heard.
I think the SA-43 is more detailed by a tiny margin and also more resolving and it also has more clean treble but less of a sense of clarity. The R^2 wipes the floor in terms of bass, they are not even close, the sub-bass of the Rhaps is amazing and visceral and the SA-43 can not do that even with the bass switch on. They are both amazingly airy and spacious in presentation, along with the 1plus2 the best i have ever heard in large soundstage and airy out of your head presentation. I just think that the R^2 has better bandwidth and gives a more full sound overall i prefer this.
The reason i said it made the SA-43 sound silly yesterday was because i was listening to some James Blake and the SA-43 could not make them bass drops come to live. It is not at all that one sided :)
Why would you not compare two IEMs if they use different technology? That makes no sense?
Yes the SA-43 is picky, it needs something that is really capable feeding them.
Wow pretty close to a Westone housing. I would have no problems getting on with that! Very nice looking too.
That is the R1L i think!
How come you went for Shure connectors, i am hating them on my R^2 and wishing that they were Westone (an option)!
swim please expand exactly why you dislike the shore ones. I thought the shure ones were nice. can't really comment long term though
the pic above has at least 1bA in the nozzle.
Because they start to well break, short out etc, i think this is dirt and can be cleaner out but they are a pain right now. I change cables a lot as i have a balanced one and a singe ended one so have to switch a lot. I also dislike the rotating nature of it!
- Rhapsodio - A Unique Place Indeed - Product Impressions Thread
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 seconds ago
- › Fostex T50RP tuned for Alpha Pad (MrSpeakers Leather Comfort Strap... 3 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 4 minutes ago
- › Destiny 5 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 7 minutes ago
- › Tools for Analyzing the Quality of Mastering 7 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)