Which one of these more close to EX1000's sound signature?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Custom IEM for Bassheads Last post on 7/6/13 at 9:48am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Intro Amp suggestion for Cusom IEMs Last post on 6/2/11 at 4:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- No bass on SR-71B Last post on 6/27/11 at 8:11am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best amp for Pro 18's ? Last post on 5/20/11 at 2:37am in Portable Headphone Amps
- JH Audio JH-3A Last post on 3/17/11 at 1:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
*A sample of the IEM500 was provided to me in return for my honest review* - Photos taken by, me.- One of the funniest things is when a company writes all these outlandish claims with their...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
Rhapsodio - A Unique Place Indeed - Product Impressions Thread - Page 36
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Despite living in the land of Sony, not familiar with EX1000's enough (or at all!!) to say. May try it one day at the store if I have time.
I think Anak is the only head fier who has heard all three and i think he has done some impressions so give a little search. Also a few others have done Rhaps vs Tral comparisons, i know Ginatras as both now so maybe give him a PM!
As for me i have only heard the 1plus2 and R^2 and i think it is scary how close they come, the R^2 is my go to IEM now over everything, it made my M-Fidelity SA-43 CIEM sound a bit silly yesterday and thats very highly rated my Average_Joe.
I do a comparison between the 1plus2 and R^2 in my review if anyone is interested.
Do you think that the R^2 is better than the SA-43?
That's a shame man, and please do yourself a favor.
The synergy from the EX1000, UHA and my ipod 5.5g modded with the Kemet caps simply blows my mind everyday when I listen to my music. The EX1000 love those caps and that amp. It's a shame the EX has now been discontinued.
Sorry off topic.
It is not quite as simple as that. I prefer listening to the R^2 for sure and i also find it more versatile but without doubt the SA-43 does somethings better, in fact somethings better than anything i have ever heard.
I think the SA-43 is more detailed by a tiny margin and also more resolving and it also has more clean treble but less of a sense of clarity. The R^2 wipes the floor in terms of bass, they are not even close, the sub-bass of the Rhaps is amazing and visceral and the SA-43 can not do that even with the bass switch on. They are both amazingly airy and spacious in presentation, along with the 1plus2 the best i have ever heard in large soundstage and airy out of your head presentation. I just think that the R^2 has better bandwidth and gives a more full sound overall i prefer this.
The reason i said it made the SA-43 sound silly yesterday was because i was listening to some James Blake and the SA-43 could not make them bass drops come to live. It is not at all that one sided :)
Why would you not compare two IEMs if they use different technology? That makes no sense?
Yes the SA-43 is picky, it needs something that is really capable feeding them.
Wow pretty close to a Westone housing. I would have no problems getting on with that! Very nice looking too.
That is the R1L i think!
How come you went for Shure connectors, i am hating them on my R^2 and wishing that they were Westone (an option)!
swim please expand exactly why you dislike the shore ones. I thought the shure ones were nice. can't really comment long term though
the pic above has at least 1bA in the nozzle.
Because they start to well break, short out etc, i think this is dirt and can be cleaner out but they are a pain right now. I change cables a lot as i have a balanced one and a singe ended one so have to switch a lot. I also dislike the rotating nature of it!
- Rhapsodio - A Unique Place Indeed - Product Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Looking for a headset for music and gaming 5 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 13 seconds ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 39 seconds ago
- › My parents tell me I buy to much headphones 1 minute ago
- › Interest Check - Chicago Meet Continuance - August 8th at Tweak Studio 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 5 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › I should'nt have ordered the 770 PRO version... :( 6 minutes ago
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)