Which one of these more close to EX1000's sound signature?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Custom IEM for Bassheads Last post on 7/6/13 at 9:48am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Intro Amp suggestion for Cusom IEMs Last post on 6/2/11 at 4:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- No bass on SR-71B Last post on 6/27/11 at 8:11am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best amp for Pro 18's ? Last post on 5/20/11 at 2:37am in Portable Headphone Amps
- JH Audio JH-3A Last post on 3/17/11 at 1:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
FiiO Mont Blanc for IEM When you pick up the Mont Blanc you feel like you have something substantial in your hand. Not that is is overly heavy, no, it is conveys the impression that this thing...
I borrowed these from a friend as a trial and I can see why he likes them, unfortunately I do not. Let me elaborate on this as it's no justification at all to dismiss these earphone because I...
My main review is here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/752588/review-earwerkz-supra-the-universal-custom-in-ear-monitor. This will house the TL;DR version: From the comfort, custom-like fit,...
Couldn't find much on the internet about these, so I took the plunge. Pros: Nice aesthetics Solid build quality Cheaper than Bose equivalent, looks and feels nicer,...
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Rhapsodio - A Unique Place Indeed - Product Impressions Thread - Page 36
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Despite living in the land of Sony, not familiar with EX1000's enough (or at all!!) to say. May try it one day at the store if I have time.
I think Anak is the only head fier who has heard all three and i think he has done some impressions so give a little search. Also a few others have done Rhaps vs Tral comparisons, i know Ginatras as both now so maybe give him a PM!
As for me i have only heard the 1plus2 and R^2 and i think it is scary how close they come, the R^2 is my go to IEM now over everything, it made my M-Fidelity SA-43 CIEM sound a bit silly yesterday and thats very highly rated my Average_Joe.
I do a comparison between the 1plus2 and R^2 in my review if anyone is interested.
Do you think that the R^2 is better than the SA-43?
That's a shame man, and please do yourself a favor.
The synergy from the EX1000, UHA and my ipod 5.5g modded with the Kemet caps simply blows my mind everyday when I listen to my music. The EX1000 love those caps and that amp. It's a shame the EX has now been discontinued.
Sorry off topic.
It is not quite as simple as that. I prefer listening to the R^2 for sure and i also find it more versatile but without doubt the SA-43 does somethings better, in fact somethings better than anything i have ever heard.
I think the SA-43 is more detailed by a tiny margin and also more resolving and it also has more clean treble but less of a sense of clarity. The R^2 wipes the floor in terms of bass, they are not even close, the sub-bass of the Rhaps is amazing and visceral and the SA-43 can not do that even with the bass switch on. They are both amazingly airy and spacious in presentation, along with the 1plus2 the best i have ever heard in large soundstage and airy out of your head presentation. I just think that the R^2 has better bandwidth and gives a more full sound overall i prefer this.
The reason i said it made the SA-43 sound silly yesterday was because i was listening to some James Blake and the SA-43 could not make them bass drops come to live. It is not at all that one sided :)
Why would you not compare two IEMs if they use different technology? That makes no sense?
Yes the SA-43 is picky, it needs something that is really capable feeding them.
Wow pretty close to a Westone housing. I would have no problems getting on with that! Very nice looking too.
That is the R1L i think!
How come you went for Shure connectors, i am hating them on my R^2 and wishing that they were Westone (an option)!
swim please expand exactly why you dislike the shore ones. I thought the shure ones were nice. can't really comment long term though
the pic above has at least 1bA in the nozzle.
Because they start to well break, short out etc, i think this is dirt and can be cleaner out but they are a pain right now. I change cables a lot as i have a balanced one and a singe ended one so have to switch a lot. I also dislike the rotating nature of it!
- Rhapsodio - A Unique Place Indeed - Product Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 42 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015:... 1 minute ago
- › Custom AKG V-Moda Boom Pro Adapter (Testers Wanted) 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Is this jack cable "safe" to use? 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 Over Ear Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › NVX XPT100 (HM5 clone) - nonexistent bass, tinny and artificial... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › JVC HA-FX750 Wood Dome Unit Earphone by dnun8086
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)