E10 works only from usb and computer - It's a USB DAC - PC/laptop is the only source for E10
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBose® MIE2i Mobile Headsettagged by System, 9/27/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productFiiO e10tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/27/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/27/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productSennheiser HD-518tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Does this fit me? Last post on 10/10/12 at 8:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Clueless, advice appreciated Last post on 9/29/12 at 6:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for new headphones. Last post on 10/16/12 at 6:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have these for a couple of days, they are amazing for bass lovers, the bass is very deep and have hard punch and rumble, control is very good so the bass doesn't sound like a mess, is not slow...
1. These headphones are HUGE. 2. That said, it provides amazing soundstage/imaging, and are very comfortable. Headband has no bumps, and earpads are of memory foam. 3. Very decent amount of...
Looking at the picture of the PK3's I wasn't expecting much. They look and feel cheap using a generic case for the drivers. First I tried them without the foam covers and they sounded awful. I...
Disclaimer First of all, I would like to thank Audrey and the Brainwavz team for allowing me to review their S1 IEMs. I would also like to clarify that I am neither an affiliate of Brainwavz...
Overview The Alien is a well-priced (~$250 AUD), compact, screenless player that plays only WAV and FLAC files – no MP3, no AAC, just the two major lossless options. For some people that will...
Headphones for glasses wearers - Page 2post #16 of 269/25/12 at 8:17pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 269/25/12 at 8:20pmThread Starter
i live in a small city, if there was a sale in toronto i dont know if i could find the time drive 2.5 hours there and then another 2.5 back...
also isnt there a mod for a the HD 555 that'll improve bass (removing tape or something?)post #18 of 269/25/12 at 8:22pmQuote:
When I think about it, the hd555 would suck for techno.
You'd have to change your musical taste, or look for an other headphone.post #19 of 269/25/12 at 8:23pmQuote:
there's a mod into hd595, that still sucks for technopost #20 of 269/25/12 at 8:24pm
All those mods can change the resonance and thus increase the bass quantity or how long the bass lingers for - it's just resonance
No mod will start giving more bass extension - that's dependent upon the driver oscillations only. So you might get more mid-bass kick but still no sub-bass. The HD models are okay with pop and have good kick in them but for trance, they are slow and just lacking.
The HD650 and HD600 sound okay for electronica, but even then I would still pick the Denon's - no argumentpost #21 of 269/25/12 at 8:24pmThread Starter
guess i'll save up more money for better headphones then.. back to the olde ie2
but if u guys have any suggestions on comfortable headphones that sound good with techo music between $100-200, leave a reply!
Edited by TKD7 - 9/25/12 at 8:28pmpost #22 of 269/25/12 at 8:27pm
Also I wasn't suggesting coming to Toronto lol... I meant to say that I'm from Canada as well so I look at the prices from a CAD perspective and not Euro's - USD and CAD usually don't make a big difference until you get into a high price range. So the prices I've seen for D2000 (around $220) were canadian dollars - you could work it out about the shipping if you see a good offer.post #23 of 269/25/12 at 8:40pmQuote:
I have the e6,e7,e11. I would recommend the E11 for the sennheisers. The e7 its good but a little thick.post #24 of 269/26/12 at 4:40amQuote:
The usual recommendations for bass heads are to get some ultrasone or some denon. Perhaps the "recent" hifiman he-400 too.
I didn't listen to any denon or ultrasone , but so far I think that IEMs are more rewarding for that kind of music.
Even the expensive hd800 are not so great for techno IMHO.post #25 of 269/26/12 at 12:22pmThread Starter
how are the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80ohm version for my needs?? i saw a customer review from amazon saying they were comfortable but does anyone here have personal experience with them?
also with 80ohms would it be necessary to purchase a headphone amp?
Edited by TKD7 - 9/26/12 at 12:45pm
- Headphones for glasses wearers
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 25 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 36 seconds ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 40 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › CEntrance i5 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 4 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 4 minutes ago
- › AKG Y55 Black DJ-Ready Headphones with Enriched Bass, Snug Fit and... by presata
- › AKG K7XX by avitron142
- › YUIN PK3 Earbuds by thebluebulk
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)