E10 works only from usb and computer - It's a USB DAC - PC/laptop is the only source for E10
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBose® MIE2i Mobile Headsettagged by System, 9/27/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productFiiO E10tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/27/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/27/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 518tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Closed Headphone blues Last post on 12/13/12 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Does this fit me? Last post on 10/10/12 at 8:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Clueless, advice appreciated Last post on 9/29/12 at 6:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
(Player: Cowon Plenue D ; Earphone: JH5) Before I start, I must say that this was not the beginning of my experience with the brand cables. I own the Ares cable also (first model) and make...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Firstly I want to thank a local NZ Head-Fier (AudioDHD) for allowing me to spend some time...
Not a whole lot to add that others have mentioned. I would have liked a traveling case included instead of a pouch, but I will let that slide for a couple of reasons. First is that the box that...
First, I would like to thank Shozy for sending me a pre-production model of the Zero in exchange for my honest opinion. My pre-production model arrived in a small package. Inside was the Zero...
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
Headphones for glasses wearers - Page 2post #16 of 269/25/12 at 8:17pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 269/25/12 at 8:20pmThread Starter
i live in a small city, if there was a sale in toronto i dont know if i could find the time drive 2.5 hours there and then another 2.5 back...
also isnt there a mod for a the HD 555 that'll improve bass (removing tape or something?)post #18 of 269/25/12 at 8:22pmQuote:
When I think about it, the hd555 would suck for techno.
You'd have to change your musical taste, or look for an other headphone.post #19 of 269/25/12 at 8:23pmQuote:
there's a mod into hd595, that still sucks for technopost #20 of 269/25/12 at 8:24pm
All those mods can change the resonance and thus increase the bass quantity or how long the bass lingers for - it's just resonance
No mod will start giving more bass extension - that's dependent upon the driver oscillations only. So you might get more mid-bass kick but still no sub-bass. The HD models are okay with pop and have good kick in them but for trance, they are slow and just lacking.
The HD650 and HD600 sound okay for electronica, but even then I would still pick the Denon's - no argumentpost #21 of 269/25/12 at 8:24pmThread Starter
guess i'll save up more money for better headphones then.. back to the olde ie2
but if u guys have any suggestions on comfortable headphones that sound good with techo music between $100-200, leave a reply!
Edited by TKD7 - 9/25/12 at 8:28pmpost #22 of 269/25/12 at 8:27pm
Also I wasn't suggesting coming to Toronto lol... I meant to say that I'm from Canada as well so I look at the prices from a CAD perspective and not Euro's - USD and CAD usually don't make a big difference until you get into a high price range. So the prices I've seen for D2000 (around $220) were canadian dollars - you could work it out about the shipping if you see a good offer.post #23 of 269/25/12 at 8:40pmQuote:
I have the e6,e7,e11. I would recommend the E11 for the sennheisers. The e7 its good but a little thick.post #24 of 269/26/12 at 4:40amQuote:
The usual recommendations for bass heads are to get some ultrasone or some denon. Perhaps the "recent" hifiman he-400 too.
I didn't listen to any denon or ultrasone , but so far I think that IEMs are more rewarding for that kind of music.
Even the expensive hd800 are not so great for techno IMHO.post #25 of 269/26/12 at 12:22pmThread Starter
how are the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80ohm version for my needs?? i saw a customer review from amazon saying they were comfortable but does anyone here have personal experience with them?
also with 80ohms would it be necessary to purchase a headphone amp?
Edited by TKD7 - 9/26/12 at 12:45pm
- Headphones for glasses wearers
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 24 seconds ago
- › The Syllable D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Review... 27 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 31 seconds ago
- › FA: Xin Supermacro IV (OPA627 Installed) + 4 Pairs of Op-amps for... 48 seconds ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 1 minute ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 1 minute ago
- › IEM vs On/Over Ears 3 minutes ago
- › Official 2016 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 16, 2016, Wikia HQ 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 4 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...