E10 works only from usb and computer - It's a USB DAC - PC/laptop is the only source for E10
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBose® MIE2i Mobile Headsettagged by System, 9/27/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productFiiO E10tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/27/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/27/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 518tagged by System, 9/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Closed Headphone blues Last post on 12/13/12 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Does this fit me? Last post on 10/10/12 at 8:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Clueless, advice appreciated Last post on 9/29/12 at 6:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Headphones for glasses wearers - Page 2post #16 of 269/25/12 at 8:17pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 269/25/12 at 8:20pmThread Starter
i live in a small city, if there was a sale in toronto i dont know if i could find the time drive 2.5 hours there and then another 2.5 back...
also isnt there a mod for a the HD 555 that'll improve bass (removing tape or something?)post #18 of 269/25/12 at 8:22pmQuote:
When I think about it, the hd555 would suck for techno.
You'd have to change your musical taste, or look for an other headphone.post #19 of 269/25/12 at 8:23pmQuote:
there's a mod into hd595, that still sucks for technopost #20 of 269/25/12 at 8:24pm
All those mods can change the resonance and thus increase the bass quantity or how long the bass lingers for - it's just resonance
No mod will start giving more bass extension - that's dependent upon the driver oscillations only. So you might get more mid-bass kick but still no sub-bass. The HD models are okay with pop and have good kick in them but for trance, they are slow and just lacking.
The HD650 and HD600 sound okay for electronica, but even then I would still pick the Denon's - no argumentpost #21 of 269/25/12 at 8:24pmThread Starter
guess i'll save up more money for better headphones then.. back to the olde ie2
but if u guys have any suggestions on comfortable headphones that sound good with techo music between $100-200, leave a reply!
Edited by TKD7 - 9/25/12 at 8:28pmpost #22 of 269/25/12 at 8:27pm
Also I wasn't suggesting coming to Toronto lol... I meant to say that I'm from Canada as well so I look at the prices from a CAD perspective and not Euro's - USD and CAD usually don't make a big difference until you get into a high price range. So the prices I've seen for D2000 (around $220) were canadian dollars - you could work it out about the shipping if you see a good offer.post #23 of 269/25/12 at 8:40pmQuote:
I have the e6,e7,e11. I would recommend the E11 for the sennheisers. The e7 its good but a little thick.post #24 of 269/26/12 at 4:40amQuote:
The usual recommendations for bass heads are to get some ultrasone or some denon. Perhaps the "recent" hifiman he-400 too.
I didn't listen to any denon or ultrasone , but so far I think that IEMs are more rewarding for that kind of music.
Even the expensive hd800 are not so great for techno IMHO.post #25 of 269/26/12 at 12:22pmThread Starter
how are the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80ohm version for my needs?? i saw a customer review from amazon saying they were comfortable but does anyone here have personal experience with them?
also with 80ohms would it be necessary to purchase a headphone amp?
Edited by TKD7 - 9/26/12 at 12:45pm
- Headphones for glasses wearers
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › 1989 VS 2017............M.............E!! 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 2 minutes ago
- › Right side louder/cleaner than left side of new XBA-A3's? 3 minutes ago
- › Samsung Note 7 - just around the corner , audiophile phone? 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 5 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 5 minutes ago
- › DT 990 Premium 600 Ohm + Fiio E10K 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Gigaset Earphones by B9Scrambler
- › OPPO HA-2 by ryanjsoo
- › TFZ Series 1 by Hisoundfi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...