Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Monoprice DJ or Sennheiser 202. Which is a better, who cares if they break, phone?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Monoprice DJ or Sennheiser 202. Which is a better, who cares if they break, phone?

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

Or other suggestions. No more than $30. Must be fairly compact.

 

Look forward to hearing your opinions.


Edited by idruke - 9/25/12 at 1:46pm
post #2 of 10
Thread Starter 

bump for input.

post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 

Bumping again.

post #4 of 10

I'm try to decide between those two headphones, which one would fit better on a smaller head (for an 8 year old).

I would say you should go for the Monoprice,

With the Sennheiser your buying them somewhat for the name.

post #5 of 10

The sound quality of the HD202 is total rubbish IMO. I've heard nothing about the Monoprice DJ which tells me they probably aren't anything special. The Monoprice 8323 or Beyerdynamic DT 235 have great sound quality and are several steps up from every other headphone I've tried in their price range.

post #6 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by devhen View Post

The sound quality of the HD202 is total rubbish IMO. I've heard nothing about the Monoprice DJ which tells me they probably aren't anything special. The Monoprice 8323 or Beyerdynamic DT 235 have great sound quality and are several steps up from every other headphone I've tried in their price range.


The monoprice dj is the 8323. I will look into the beyer you mentioned.

 

Thanks.

post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by idruke View Post


The monoprice dj is the 8323. I will look into the beyer you mentioned.

 

Thanks.

I've heard several positive comments about the Monoprice DJ headphones.

post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by idruke View Post


The monoprice dj is the 8323. I will look into the beyer you mentioned.

 

Thanks.

 

Oh my bad. I know they have a few different headphone models... didn't realize the 8323 was the "DJ". Its sound quality is *very* good for the price. However, I found the DT235 to be better overall thanks to it having a pretty wide soundstage compared to the razor thin soundstage of the 8323. If you want emphasized bass I would go with the 8323. Otherwise I consider the DT235 to be better in pretty much every other way.

 

If you get the 8323 I recommend the Beyer DT250 velour pads with it. Its quite uncomfortable with the stock pads.

post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by devhen View Post

 

Oh my bad. I know they have a few different headphone models... didn't realize the 8323 was the "DJ". Its sound quality is *very* good for the price. However, I found the DT235 to be better overall thanks to it having a pretty wide sound stage compared to the razor thin sound stage of the 8323. If you want emphasized bass I would go with the 8323. Otherwise I consider the DT235 to be better in pretty much every other way.

 

If you get the 8323 I recommend the Beyer DT250 velour pads with it. Its quite uncomfortable with the stock pads.

The Beyerdynamic EDT 200/250V Velour Ear are nice, have them on my Sony MDR-V6.

As the pads cost $23, better just to buy the DT235 headphones.

post #10 of 10
Thread Starter 

Decided to get a used superlux 668b instead. I just put up a buying listing offering $30. Hope I find one soon.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Monoprice DJ or Sennheiser 202. Which is a better, who cares if they break, phone?