I have been perusing the threads like mad in trying to decide which DAP I will get, either the Studio V or taking the plunge and getting an Ibasso DX100. Now, I know that the Ibasso has the better sound quality, but is it that much better than the Studio V to justify spending about 2 1/2 times the cost? I am digging the fact that the Studio has different firmware to match the type of IEM as I have high end IEMs of both BA and Dynamic (Westone 4 and Sony DX1000). My only set of cans is the Audio Technica ATH-50. I also listen to a very wide variety of music depending on my mood-from Punk and Hardcore to Electronic and even Jazz. I am looking for transparency and clarity and a flexible EQ.
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Mediamonkey for Metro looks good for Windows 8/8.1 Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:17pm in Computer Audio
- how can i input music to the DX100 / Hdp-r10 with Mac OS X?! Last post on 2/7/14 at 1:32pm in Portable Source Gear
- Ibasso still in business ? Last post on 2/9/14 at 4:50am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Ibasso dx100 vs CLAS DB + Rx MK3 B Last post on 2/13/14 at 10:37am in Portable Headphone Amps
- DX100 with PB2 impressions ? Last post on 1/31/14 at 9:01am in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
Ibasso DX100 v. Hisoundaudio Studio Vpost #1 of 129/24/12 at 9:55pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 129/24/12 at 10:00pmThread Starterpost #3 of 129/24/12 at 10:32pmpost #4 of 129/24/12 at 10:40pm
the V and dx100 sounds close IME, but the dx100 wins because of better resolution and transparency without sounding "too harsh" in some bright headphones unlike studio v.
i also own both and both died on me and sent for RMA and repair lelz
i hope it wont happen to you guys!post #5 of 129/25/12 at 12:12ampost #6 of 129/25/12 at 12:21amI've played around with the Studio V & whilst the SQ alone doesn't justify the 2.5x (or more if you bought the V & 50% off when they had a promo) of the DX100 price, to me the UI is worth some value too. But it really depends on your use. I'd agree that the V is much more pocketable when "on the go". But if sitting down in a cafe for an hr or two (like what I'm doing whist typing this) the DX100 & it's UI (even though slow) is more user-friendly in flipping songs, & choosing albums. I probably have something like 634 tracks (most are 24/192, then the rest are 24/96, 24/44.1, 16/44.1, & a few 320kbps lossy). Flipping through so many tracks on the V will drive me wild.post #7 of 129/25/12 at 4:01am
Whilst i don't own the Studio V or iBasso DX100 i do own the Studio V 3rd Anniversary. It is a fine sounding player and apparently is much quieter than the Studio V. (less background hiss). It has a very dynamic sound but i think it is probably better with less sensetive IEMs. I use it with the Sennheiser IE80s and the sound is really good.post #8 of 124/10/13 at 5:35pm
Don't have experience with the iBasso (actually in this thread as part of research, to decide if I should splurge on the dx)...have had both Studio V, and now the Anniversary. The Anniversary indeed has less hiss and is slightly better sounding than the original. They both have had problems that had me send them back to China, and both have maddening UI and general use issues...tagging is difficult, finding things is challenging, and my Anniversary isn't recognized by my PC (this is after I got it back from repair to China), so I have to drag files to an SD card directly, and can't use the internal memory (only 2gb anyway, so not such a loss, but still...). Jack at HiSound has been very accomodating, though, but sending the unit back is expense, and months of living without the player.post #9 of 124/11/13 at 3:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by doctorjazz
Don't have experience with the iBasso (actually in this thread as part of research, to decide if I should splurge on the dx)...have had both Studio V, and now the Anniversary. The Anniversary indeed has less hiss and is slightly better sounding than the original. They both have had problems that had me send them back to China, and both have maddening UI and general use issues...tagging is difficult, finding things is challenging, and my Anniversary isn't recognized by my PC (this is after I got it back from repair to China), so I have to drag files to an SD card directly, and can't use the internal memory (only 2gb anyway, so not such a loss, but still...). Jack at HiSound has been very accomodating, though, but sending the unit back is expense, and months of living without the player.
Edited by david1978jp - 4/11/13 at 5:17pmpost #10 of 124/12/13 at 6:10am
I bet it's a corrupted windows USB driver. I've had that happen with other devices. Fortunately not with my Studio on 3 different PCs.
Never heard a DX100 so no idea on the value equation.
Edited by goodvibes - 4/12/13 at 7:33ampost #11 of 124/12/13 at 2:32pm
i just read in one of the threads that a new version of the studio is coming out in 2 months time, should i wait or jump on the DX100! what i want to know is.. is there a big jump in sound quality between either the 3rd anv / stock v & the DX100?? and which amp is better?? is there any1 using them with ciems/ universals? which one do u prefer?
Edited by toxicdrift - 4/12/13 at 2:33pmpost #12 of 124/13/13 at 2:35am
- Ibasso DX100 v. Hisoundaudio Studio V
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- iBasso DX100 Reference DAPNo reviews yet.
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › [Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price. 1 second ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 seconds ago
- › dx50 or ipod classic with a amp 23 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser 558, akg 550-701, v-moda 100, beyerdynamic... 31 seconds ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 34 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 41 seconds ago
- › 8 years ago . . . 1 minute ago
- › The Accudio app by golden ears, a headphone revolution. 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Shield Design Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude