Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Turn my back on Apple? Looking for a new phone/source, advice.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Turn my back on Apple? Looking for a new phone/source, advice. - Page 2

post #16 of 19
Probably should ugrade my gr07's before uprading my source right? Though I am getting sick of the j3's because honestly, listening to the gr07s out of my (damn good) HO on my laptop is way better than listening to the j3's
Edited by zachchen1996 - 10/27/12 at 8:59pm
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachchen1996 View Post

Probably should ugrade my gr07's before uprading my source right? Though I am getting sick of the j3's.


What are your IEMs or headphones?

 

Edit: :P Never mind...... The GR07s are your IEMs lmao. Well generally I'd say yes. But what are you looking for in the sound signature? Do you basically wanna upgrade over the GR07 (similar sound signature) or do you want a completely different sound signature?


Edited by lee730 - 10/27/12 at 9:00pm
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


What are your IEMs or headphones?

Edit: :P Never mind...... The GR07s are your IEMs lmao. Well generally I'd say yes. But what are you looking for in the sound signature? Do you basically wanna upgrade over the GR07 (similar sound signature) or do you want a completely different sound signature?

Hmmm well the gr07's are lacking in details, they're not muffled or anything but they lack this sense of clarity. Want a bit richer mids than the gr07's, the amount of bass the gr07's are good. Not exactly sure what I want yet.
post #19 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachchen1996 View Post


Hmmm well the gr07's are lacking in details, they're not muffled or anything but they lack this sense of clarity. Want a bit richer mids than the gr07's, the amount of bass the gr07's are good. Not exactly sure what I want yet.


Hmm well I got 2 recommendations for you. Many here enjoy the EX1000. If you can tolerate treble-spikes or if it doesn't bother you they maybe a very good choice. They have some of the best bass I have ever heard bar-none. But in my case it was a no go. Treble was really painful to my ears and mids were just too dry. But the MDR-7550s were the saving grace and IMO a nice upgrade over the GR07. Definitely the mids are more to my liking. More intimate and wet. Treble is still very much detailed but not sibilant like on the EX1000. Sound staging is definitely wider than GR07 and bass has slightly more quantity than EX1000 with similar quality. I'd say the MDR-7550s are even more neutral than the EX1000 due to its treble not stealing the entire show (reference monitors).


Edited by lee730 - 10/27/12 at 9:14pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Turn my back on Apple? Looking for a new phone/source, advice.