What are the best noise-canceling/sound isolating cans for a budget buyer, less than 250. I'm in college and my roommate likes to blast loud music so I want to get a pair of cans to get rid of the sound. I listen to all types of music.
- productAKG K 271 Studiotagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- categoryNoise Cancelingtagged by System, 9/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 9/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Absolute quietest headphones? Last post on 8/5/12 at 6:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Your Opinion Matters Last post on 6/16/14 at 12:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggested Over Ears Last post on 3/3/14 at 5:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Noise Canceling Headphones - Grado Labs? Last post on 12/18/12 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Noise Canceling or Isolation, Need help understanding how much different they are. Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Best Noise-Canceling/Sound Isolating Cans
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The AKG K271's isolate outside noise extremely well, but are a little lacking in bass, so they aren't all that great for rap and electronic and stuff. Otherwise, they are an excellent sounding pair of headphones.
The Sennheiser HD25's also isolate very well, and have more bass (But, to me, have a little weaker overall sound).
- Best Noise-Canceling/Sound Isolating Cans
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 17 seconds ago
- › The concept 16.5 monster vintage receiver fro the late 1970s. 38 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)