- 122 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Ohio, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 9/25/12
- productFocusrite Scarlett 2i2 2 In/2 Out USB Recording Audio Interfacetagged by System, 9/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking To Get a Mixer Last post on 8/27/12 at 8:38am in Computer Audio
- Please recommend audio interface Last post on 7/13/12 at 3:44pm in Computer Audio
- Audio Interface vs dedicated DAC? Last post on 6/24/12 at 4:18pm in Computer Audio
- Schiit Modi vs Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 for powered studio monitors Last post on 2/23/14 at 12:48pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Looking for the right USB sound card. Last post on 2/11/14 at 2:08am in Computer Audio
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
Should I get a Condenser mic?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Microphones aren't really my expertise, but I have heard great things about the Samson C01 for a condenser mic in its price range. (I started looking into it because they're sold with SR850 headphones pretty often.)
They go for around $50-60 used, but note that any filters or shock mounts will cost extra and likely push you closer to $100.
Some think the Audio-Technica AT2020 is less colored for vocals, and it's roughly in the same price range (again, used and not including filters or mounts).
Both are XLR mics with a 48V phantom power requirement; your Scarlett 2i2 should handle them with no problems.
Hopefully, that helps you get an idea of what to look into.
- Should I get a Condenser mic?
- › searching for 160~Ohm DAC-amp 2 seconds ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 Latest Update 24-07-2014 18 seconds ago
- › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner 36 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50 + Rockbox finally here (Latest Update: 2014-06-30) 1 minute ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 1 minute ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed. A Teeny-Weeny Update! (page 104) 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › The Audio Technica W3000ANV Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)