- 122 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Ohio, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 9/25/12
- productFocusrite Scarlett 2i2 2 In/2 Out USB Recording Audio Interfacetagged by System, 9/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking To Get a Mixer Last post on 8/27/12 at 8:38am in Computer Audio
- Please recommend audio interface Last post on 7/13/12 at 3:44pm in Computer Audio
- Audio Interface vs dedicated DAC? Last post on 6/24/12 at 4:18pm in Computer Audio
- Schiit Modi vs Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 for powered studio monitors Last post on 2/23/14 at 12:48pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Looking for the right USB sound card. Last post on 2/11/14 at 2:08am in Computer Audio
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
A big thanks to Drew and every one at Moon Audio, they handled the sale of this new unit to me and...
Brainwavz S0 Full Disclosure: Brainwavz supplied the S0 for this review It seems Brainwavz has been cranking out the new releases in their IEM line up of late. This time they’ve entered the...
TL;DR Review of the AKG Q701’s Accentuated Mids: Enhances most female vocals, also forwards vocals, “livens” synthesizers in electronic music. Can cause vocals to sound uneven due to the 2khz...
Should I get a Condenser mic?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Microphones aren't really my expertise, but I have heard great things about the Samson C01 for a condenser mic in its price range. (I started looking into it because they're sold with SR850 headphones pretty often.)
They go for around $50-60 used, but note that any filters or shock mounts will cost extra and likely push you closer to $100.
Some think the Audio-Technica AT2020 is less colored for vocals, and it's roughly in the same price range (again, used and not including filters or mounts).
Both are XLR mics with a 48V phantom power requirement; your Scarlett 2i2 should handle them with no problems.
Hopefully, that helps you get an idea of what to look into.
- Should I get a Condenser mic?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › soundmagic e10 vs xiaomi pistons v2 vs pistons v2.1 vs zero sound... 10 seconds ago
- › Very specific requirements for gaming headphone. 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X1 | Review & Comparison 3 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Melbourne classifieds link thread 6 minutes ago
- › Wanted: Schiit Gungnir 6 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN RE300a/ RE300i InLine Control Earphone launched! 49$ 7 minutes ago
- › DENON DA-10 DSD - New portable DAC/Headphone AMP 7 minutes ago
- › Halloween with Musica Acoustics 7 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)