- 122 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Ohio, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 9/25/12
- productFocusrite Scarlett 2i2 2 In/2 Out USB Recording Audio Interfacetagged by System, 9/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking To Get a Mixer Last post on 8/27/12 at 8:38am in Computer Audio
- Please recommend audio interface Last post on 7/13/12 at 3:44pm in Computer Audio
- Audio Interface vs dedicated DAC? Last post on 6/24/12 at 4:18pm in Computer Audio
- Studio headphones for club music (200£) Last post on 2/2/15 at 7:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Schiit Modi vs Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 for powered studio monitors Last post on 1/5/15 at 7:10pm in Dedicated Source Components
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
Should I get a Condenser mic?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Microphones aren't really my expertise, but I have heard great things about the Samson C01 for a condenser mic in its price range. (I started looking into it because they're sold with SR850 headphones pretty often.)
They go for around $50-60 used, but note that any filters or shock mounts will cost extra and likely push you closer to $100.
Some think the Audio-Technica AT2020 is less colored for vocals, and it's roughly in the same price range (again, used and not including filters or mounts).
Both are XLR mics with a 48V phantom power requirement; your Scarlett 2i2 should handle them with no problems.
Hopefully, that helps you get an idea of what to look into.
- Should I get a Condenser mic?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 6 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 38 seconds ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW kjk1281's take JVC XX HA-FR100X Elation ... 2 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Desktop amp suggestions 4 minutes ago
- › panasonic earbuds 6 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2