- 122 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Ohio, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 9/25/12
- productFocusrite Scarlett 2i2 2 In/2 Out USB Recording Audio Interfacetagged by System, 9/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking To Get a Mixer Last post on 8/27/12 at 8:38am in Computer Audio
- Please recommend audio interface Last post on 7/13/12 at 3:44pm in Computer Audio
- Audio Interface vs dedicated DAC? Last post on 6/24/12 at 4:18pm in Computer Audio
- Studio headphones for club music (200£) Last post on 2/2/15 at 7:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Schiit Modi vs Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 for powered studio monitors Last post on 1/5/15 at 7:10pm in Dedicated Source Components
This is my first audiophile grade headphone and I truly believe that this is a brilliant introduction to how awesome music can sound! I live is South Africa, a country that is renowned for...
When i bough these i had no id'ea how they would sound. I read some reviews but it is a iem that was flying under the radar and kind of hide in the shadow of the BA200 which is TDK's flagship (...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australasian tour arranged by Brooko, thank you very much for including me in this tour. Introduction I am just another music fans in this world, I...
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
Should I get a Condenser mic?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Microphones aren't really my expertise, but I have heard great things about the Samson C01 for a condenser mic in its price range. (I started looking into it because they're sold with SR850 headphones pretty often.)
They go for around $50-60 used, but note that any filters or shock mounts will cost extra and likely push you closer to $100.
Some think the Audio-Technica AT2020 is less colored for vocals, and it's roughly in the same price range (again, used and not including filters or mounts).
Both are XLR mics with a 48V phantom power requirement; your Scarlett 2i2 should handle them with no problems.
Hopefully, that helps you get an idea of what to look into.
- Should I get a Condenser mic?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › GRADO GR10: Reviews, First Impressions Thread 15 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 23 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 32 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 50 seconds ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › XLR cables - kind request of recommendation. 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › New Fostex RP open-backed planar magnetic headphone, TH500RP!... 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 3 minutes ago
- › What are 3 additions to the FW of the DX50 or DX90 that you would... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by joku213
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by Sentinei
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by biggysmalls
- › TDK IE800 by Arvan
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2