- 122 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Ohio, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 9/25/12
- productFocusrite Scarlett 2i2 2 In/2 Out USB Recording Audio Interfacetagged by System, 9/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking To Get a Mixer Last post on 8/27/12 at 8:38am in Computer Audio
- Please recommend audio interface Last post on 7/13/12 at 3:44pm in Computer Audio
- Audio Interface vs dedicated DAC? Last post on 6/24/12 at 4:18pm in Computer Audio
- Schiit Modi vs Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 for powered studio monitors Last post on 2/23/14 at 12:48pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Looking for the right USB sound card. Last post on 2/11/14 at 2:08am in Computer Audio
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Should I get a Condenser mic?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Microphones aren't really my expertise, but I have heard great things about the Samson C01 for a condenser mic in its price range. (I started looking into it because they're sold with SR850 headphones pretty often.)
They go for around $50-60 used, but note that any filters or shock mounts will cost extra and likely push you closer to $100.
Some think the Audio-Technica AT2020 is less colored for vocals, and it's roughly in the same price range (again, used and not including filters or mounts).
Both are XLR mics with a 48V phantom power requirement; your Scarlett 2i2 should handle them with no problems.
Hopefully, that helps you get an idea of what to look into.
- Should I get a Condenser mic?
- › Band Name Game II 42 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-5LE 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Sony MDR-7550 IEMs like new 4 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 4 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Decware Select Zen CSP2 Tube Headphone Amp 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 5 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)