I have a pair of CAL! and I am happy with them but when I go outside with them due to their low isolation they arent all that.
I have done some research on what I should get as an upgrade and have settled with these:
- Ultrasone HFI580 £125
- ATH-PRO700MK2 £125 (from Hong Kong)
- Beyer DT770 PRO (80OHM) £130
- Shure SRH840 £125
- Audio Technica ATH-M50 £130
I am looking for heaphones that have:
- Very good isolation so when used outside do not sound terrible
- Good for outside use, as in not too heavy or bulky and are built strong
- BASS!! (lots of it, but not stupid amounts, I dont want to be in a boy racers pimped out Ford Corsa..), good mids and decent highs.
I listen to Drum n Bass, Dubstep, Hip Hop/Rap, Trance and some rock/metal
I am not going to be using an amp, they will be powered from my phone (Samsung Galaxy S1, has a Wolfson WM8994 sound chip)
Out of the listed headphones, what do you guys think would be best? Also, if you think I should try out different headphones feel free to tell me
Edited by roughavoc - 9/22/12 at 11:11am