Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › *Updated with impressions* NEW Silver IEM cable, 93spec
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

*Updated with impressions* NEW Silver IEM cable, 93spec - Page 3

post #31 of 36
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryok95 View Post

 

That photo is photoshop'ed btw, the left looks exactly as the right, though made to be slightly darker.

Haha really?! I'll check with the stage93 people! Haha but even then i demoed it that time and the plugs do look like that! Hope it helps iamgeraldsoo!

post #32 of 36

I'm not disputing the difference between expensive oxygen free pure copper (add other extra fancy other stuff here) cables and the cheap stuff. And I absolutely believe that there is a difference in QUALITY of cabling as far as durability, etc. I'm just disputing that there actually is an audible difference. I will fight to the death your right to pay $200 per foot for expensive electrical cord but I wish there was a way to prove that it actually makes much of a difference to what actually comes out of your drivers. In my (somewhat limited) experience it just doesn't. I'd like to think I have fairly discerning ears but I've yet to be able to A/B some cables and hear distinct differences. The ONLY time I actually heard a difference was at Ultimate Electronics about 8 or 9 years ago...but I caught the salesman bumping up the EQ when I tried the speakers that were hooked up to his fancy Monster cables. LOL Let's talk about visual differences with really expensive HDMI cables and cheap ones. tongue_smile.gif

post #33 of 36

This thread seriously needs to be moved to the right place...

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by shockdoc View Post

I'm not disputing the difference between expensive oxygen free pure copper (add other extra fancy other stuff here) cables and the cheap stuff. And I absolutely believe that there is a difference in QUALITY of cabling as far as durability, etc. I'm just disputing that there actually is an audible difference. I will fight to the death your right to pay $200 per foot for expensive electrical cord but I wish there was a way to prove that it actually makes much of a difference to what actually comes out of your drivers. In my (somewhat limited) experience it just doesn't. I'd like to think I have fairly discerning ears but I've yet to be able to A/B some cables and hear distinct differences. The ONLY time I actually heard a difference was at Ultimate Electronics about 8 or 9 years ago...but I caught the salesman bumping up the EQ when I tried the speakers that were hooked up to his fancy Monster cables. LOL Let's talk about visual differences with really expensive HDMI cables and cheap ones. tongue_smile.gif

 

There is a difference in terms of electrical resistance/impedance between high-purity OFHC and even high-purity OCC copper, in addition to the differences between OFHC and high-purity OCC silver; that translates to measurable differences in frequency response, and thus, there are audible differences, however subtle. It's not as huge as what some claim to be, but there are definitely audible differences. Whether you, I, or anyone else deems it to be a worthy change in our setups, is up to individual preferences and perspectives on value.

post #34 of 36
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post

This thread seriously needs to be moved to the right place...

There is a difference in terms of electrical resistance/impedance between high-purity OFHC and even high-purity OCC copper, in addition to the differences between OFHC and high-purity OCC silver; that translates to measurable differences in frequency response, and thus, there are audible differences, however subtle. It's not as huge as what some claim to be, but there are definitely audible differences. Whether you, I, or anyone else deems it to be a worthy change in our setups, is up to individual preferences and perspectives on value.

Agreed, I guess it depends on whether you warrant the differences to be worth your money for! I have some friends that tried my DHC nucleotide and agreed there was audible difference with their CIEMS, but the difference did not warrant them spending the money on a new cable! Personally for me, my IEMs get very sibilant with the TWag and TWcu, as compared to the 93spec or the DHC neuclotide! Which is why I would warrant the cost of the cable for an improvement in the sound sig!smily_headphones1.gif hope that clears it up!

In other news, as an update the 93spec is officially released and cables have started being sent to those who have ordered so far! So do look out for more reviews on in on Head Fi! Hope you enjoyed mine!
post #35 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahayyy View Post


Agreed, I guess it depends on whether you warrant the differences to be worth your money for! I have some friends that tried my DHC nucleotide and agreed there was audible difference with their CIEMS, but the difference did not warrant them spending the money on a new cable! Personally for me, my IEMs get very sibilant with the TWag and TWcu, as compared to the 93spec or the DHC neuclotide! Which is why I would warrant the cost of the cable for an improvement in the sound sig!smily_headphones1.gif hope that clears it up!
In other news, as an update the 93spec is officially released and cables have started being sent to those who have ordered so far! So do look out for more reviews on in on Head Fi! Hope you enjoyed mine!

 

Stage 93 recently jacked up their price for replacing IEM pins.

post #36 of 36
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryok95 View Post

 

Stage 93 recently jacked up their price for replacing IEM pins.

I do believe on their facebook page they said its due to an increase in cost for the westone pins! I guess thats a fault of increase in cost of production!:/

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › *Updated with impressions* NEW Silver IEM cable, 93spec