- 28 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/27/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productMartinLogan Mikros 70tagged by System, 9/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- *NOOB* Looking for starter headphones ~ $200-250 Last post on 11/22/12 at 12:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for first pair of non-IEM 'phones Last post on 11/4/12 at 12:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- first timer Last post on 10/20/12 at 11:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for me? Last post on 10/9/12 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need suggestions for Stylish headphones for Wife? Last post on 8/23/12 at 3:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Purchase link:http://www.aliexpress.com/item/TC200/32633785024.html I was a strong believer that the more expensive the headphones are the better they sound. After hearing Earbell (or Mrice) E100,...
I would like to Thank Venture Electronics (VE) and Lee @zhibli06 for providing me with review samples of Monk+, Asura 2.0, and Zen 2.0 in exchange for my honest opinion. The manufacturer...
Most people hate this headphone because of annoying treble spike and low mid treble but if just need to tweek EQ to see its potential.
overall great headphone at its price.
Disclaimer: The Meze 99 Classics were send to me as part of their European Tour. Impression are based on around a week of intensive usage. Preamble: First of all, welcome to another review here...
DT 880 250 Ohm very nicepost #1 of 49/22/12 at 8:21amThread StarterIt has been an interesting journey for me to get to the Beyerdynamic DT 880 premiums. I've been trying to update my headphone/portables setups. On the move, I've been using the Etymotics HF3s. They sound great. I've ruined them a few times with sweat, so I picked up a pair of sennheiser in-ears designed for sports to solve that problem. That worked out well. I then contemplated additional quality in-ears for office and non-arduous activity. I thought I might replace the etys instead of sending them back in for warranty repair/replacement. I picked up the Martin Logan Mikros, but they were muddy in the mids to bass (a bit one note) and had very rolled off treble. So, I thought perhaps for home use I might go back to full-size cans. I haven't had to use headphones at home except in a studio types setting in which I use Sennheiser HD280 pros or a very old pair of Sony V6s. For music listening I use my Bowers and Wilkins 603/SVS-sub setup (home theater includes the larger 600 center and 685 surrounds). But, alas, a young child has pushed me to contemplate a nice set of headphones once more. I tried Bowers and Wilkins P5 and I like those, might even buy them for office use. But, they didn't quite do it for me as a replacement for my regular speaker music listening experience. After reading through countless threads here and without access to a high end hometheater/audio store to try things out, I ordered the DT880 Premiums (250 Ohm) along with an E7 amp. . In a word, beautiful. I think the headphones are great. The amp is weak. And, I'm not sure why I bought it in retrospect. Since I have the studio equipment, I have a presonus firepod and the headphones sound excellent through that as they do through my Denon receiver. I do like that with the Etymotics that the E7 can amp the bass a little (the Etys sound much better to me with the E7 bass 1 setting). In any case, I very much appreciate the sound signature of the 880s. The treble is excellent with lots of clarity and spaciousness through a surprisingly wide range of genres. So, thanks head-fi, I am glad I found this website.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 49/22/12 at 11:53pm
Glad you're liking them. I have a pair of 880-600's and I don't think I'll ever let them go. Just wanted to mention that if you haven't tried them with a tube amp, that's something you might want to look into. They sound even better through a good OTL design.post #3 of 49/23/12 at 7:32ampost #4 of 49/23/12 at 9:45amThread StarterI don't have the 770 or 990 for comparison. The 880s are my first open headphone. My dad has Stax electrostatics, but those are out of my price range and I've played around with some of the open Sennheiser's. I like having a relatively neutral headphone because I listen to a large range of styles. And, also, I figure that the studio engineer/composer has already mixed their music with the emphases they wanted, so anything that adds to that is coloring the sound in a way not intended by the artist. Thus, I generally favor neutral headphones/speakers. The 880s seem to fit the bill quite well. I've listened to rock, classical, jazz (very nice), prog metal, and blues thus far and all have been enjoyable.
- DT 880 250 Ohm very nice
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 18 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 52 seconds ago
- › New in-ear headphones, should I replace my Superlux HD-381F? 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 5 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true? 9 minutes ago
- › He-400 bass? 9 minutes ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 10 minutes ago
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by twister6
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by Zelda
- › Dunu TITAN 3 by mark2410
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by moedawg140
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Decommo
- › Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon) by ryanjsoo
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse