- 28 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/27/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productMartinLogan Mikros 70tagged by System, 9/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- *NOOB* Looking for starter headphones ~ $200-250 Last post on 11/22/12 at 12:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for first pair of non-IEM 'phones Last post on 11/4/12 at 12:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- first timer Last post on 10/20/12 at 11:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for me? Last post on 10/9/12 at 11:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need suggestions for Stylish headphones for Wife? Last post on 8/23/12 at 3:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Inside the box Besides the headphone's being neatly folded inside of the box, they give you an manual and two cables. The first cable is an USB cable which is used to charge the battery inside of...
For larger images - please click individual photosINTRODUCTIONThis was the 2nd round of the HifiMan review tour of the two new DAPs in their portfolio. I posted the review of the SuperMini earlier...
Linking Mart/Agptek kindly sent me their latest Lossless Media player for review. External Features The first thing that strikes you about this player is its sheer weight and feeling of solidity...
Over the past few weeks I have tried out quite a few over-ear bluetooth headphones in a mad search for the ‘ultimate’ bluetooth headphone. I have tried the Bose QC35’s, V-Moda Crossfade Wireless...
This is a review of the Zorloo ZuperDAC DAC/amp combo. The Zorloo ZuperDAC was sendt to me for free from Zorloo in exchange for my honest review of it. I’d like to say THANK YOU to Zorloo for...
DT 880 250 Ohm very nicepost #1 of 49/22/12 at 8:21amThread StarterIt has been an interesting journey for me to get to the Beyerdynamic DT 880 premiums. I've been trying to update my headphone/portables setups. On the move, I've been using the Etymotics HF3s. They sound great. I've ruined them a few times with sweat, so I picked up a pair of sennheiser in-ears designed for sports to solve that problem. That worked out well. I then contemplated additional quality in-ears for office and non-arduous activity. I thought I might replace the etys instead of sending them back in for warranty repair/replacement. I picked up the Martin Logan Mikros, but they were muddy in the mids to bass (a bit one note) and had very rolled off treble. So, I thought perhaps for home use I might go back to full-size cans. I haven't had to use headphones at home except in a studio types setting in which I use Sennheiser HD280 pros or a very old pair of Sony V6s. For music listening I use my Bowers and Wilkins 603/SVS-sub setup (home theater includes the larger 600 center and 685 surrounds). But, alas, a young child has pushed me to contemplate a nice set of headphones once more. I tried Bowers and Wilkins P5 and I like those, might even buy them for office use. But, they didn't quite do it for me as a replacement for my regular speaker music listening experience. After reading through countless threads here and without access to a high end hometheater/audio store to try things out, I ordered the DT880 Premiums (250 Ohm) along with an E7 amp. . In a word, beautiful. I think the headphones are great. The amp is weak. And, I'm not sure why I bought it in retrospect. Since I have the studio equipment, I have a presonus firepod and the headphones sound excellent through that as they do through my Denon receiver. I do like that with the Etymotics that the E7 can amp the bass a little (the Etys sound much better to me with the E7 bass 1 setting). In any case, I very much appreciate the sound signature of the 880s. The treble is excellent with lots of clarity and spaciousness through a surprisingly wide range of genres. So, thanks head-fi, I am glad I found this website.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 49/22/12 at 11:53pm
Glad you're liking them. I have a pair of 880-600's and I don't think I'll ever let them go. Just wanted to mention that if you haven't tried them with a tube amp, that's something you might want to look into. They sound even better through a good OTL design.post #3 of 49/23/12 at 7:32ampost #4 of 49/23/12 at 9:45amThread StarterI don't have the 770 or 990 for comparison. The 880s are my first open headphone. My dad has Stax electrostatics, but those are out of my price range and I've played around with some of the open Sennheiser's. I like having a relatively neutral headphone because I listen to a large range of styles. And, also, I figure that the studio engineer/composer has already mixed their music with the emphases they wanted, so anything that adds to that is coloring the sound in a way not intended by the artist. Thus, I generally favor neutral headphones/speakers. The 880s seem to fit the bill quite well. I've listened to rock, classical, jazz (very nice), prog metal, and blues thus far and all have been enjoyable.
- DT 880 250 Ohm very nice
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Earbuds Round-Up 8 seconds ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 9 seconds ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 2 minutes ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 2 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 3 minutes ago
- › Why are masters so different? 3 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 4 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Modders Go Nhoord?!?! 5 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 6 minutes ago
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by peter123
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Obery
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by Delance26
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by d8n0g
- › Bluedio T3 Plus (Turbine 3rd) Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Bluedio T3 (Turbine 3rd) Extra Bass Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...