- 111 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 8:20 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans for under 700$ Last post on 10/29/12 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choose between 3 headphones for closed back, mobile use. Last post on 10/24/12 at 6:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good pair of headphones/amp combo for travel and at home use? Last post on 10/20/12 at 2:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon 5000 HORROR SHOW! Last post on 1/10/13 at 5:24am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Foreword As the creator of the Titan 1 thread on head-fi, I have most of the information given here placed in the thread; however, this review is a coalescing and enhancement of the various...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Master & Dynamic definitely knows how to build...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Denon AH-D5000 vs AH-D600 - Page 3post #31 of 3810/2/12 at 11:21amThread StarterWhat do you think smerf?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 3810/2/12 at 6:58pm
I'm liking them! They are flat with maybe a slightly exagerated base, but I think that will go away with more burn in. The base is also kind of boomy, and bleeds into the mids, again hoping this will go away with burn in. They give good passive isolation, but are very loose on the head. Also i They look so much better the both the d2000 and 5000. Im very satisfied right now! As they continue to burn in I'll give you more info. :Dpost #33 of 3810/3/12 at 9:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by lightningsmerf
I'm liking them! They are flat with maybe a slightly exagerated base, but I think that will go away with more burn in. The base is also kind of boomy, and bleeds into the mids, again hoping this will go away with burn in. They give good passive isolation, but are very loose on the head. Also i They look so much better the both the d2000 and 5000. Im very satisfied right now! As they continue to burn in I'll give you more info. :D
how would you compare the head clamping compared to your 598s?post #34 of 3810/5/12 at 9:08pmQuote:
The HD598's are defently more comfy. They apply slightly more pressure tot he head keeping them snug and very comfy. While the d600's are very loose and basically sit on the top of your ear. Both are comfy, the HD598's are just more comfy. :Dpost #35 of 3810/5/12 at 9:11pmpost #36 of 3810/5/12 at 9:17pmpost #37 of 3810/8/12 at 5:41pm
Well. I guess I'll just toss my own point of view into this.
I don't feel like doing a review so here are my impressions.
i apologize in advance for the more than multiple incorrect punctuation.d600 impression vs d2k.1. subbass is there but not as prominent. if you push the headphones closer to your ears though, it helps.which leads to the first drawback for the d600s. it fits loosely. helps with comfort, but takes away from sound.when i say sound, i specifically only mean subbass. the rest of the spectrum seems unaffected by pushing the headphones closer.2. definitely has a better midbass vs d2ks. every kick is heard on it whereas with d2ks, that "oomph" from a kick is clearly underneath the subbass. again, pushing the headphones closer to your ears brings the midbass and subbass closer to the same level (with midbass still higher than subbass though).3. d600s are faster than d2ks when it comes to bass. I'm not audiophilic enough to tell the difference in speed for mids and highs, but bass speed is definitely faster on d600s. meaning it has a shorter decay time and it's tighter.4. treble. man. treble. i remember when I first got my d2ks (before burn in and daily use) I thought "what are all theses s's doing in my songs?". with the d600s i thought: i hear there should be s's here but they're not (or barely present)".my point is this. the level of treble on the d600s is lower than on the d2ks. which makes it seem like there's less detail.my point is also that sibilance is less on the d600s.so the past 4 conclusions were based on random dubstep tracks I rarely listen to even though I have them in my library.I then moved to a song I know and like (James Blake - Limit to Your Love). The difference between the d2ks and d600s become more apparent but they are the same conclusions as before. except this one.1. mids are more recessed on the d600s than the d2ks.to confirm this conclusion, I popped in Adele's 21 album and Lauryn Hill's MTV Unplugged 2.0 recording (specifically O Jerusalem and Adam lives in theory).and the conclusion?once again, the subbbass is more prominent on the d2ks. but back to mids.d600 mids are definitely more recessed than d2ks.however. somehow the vocals sound more intimate. so if the only thing you really listen for in mids is vocals, d600s are oh so slightly better than d2ks. but if you listen to more, again, the mids are more recessed on d600s.oh and. I know you should know that the mids SHOULD sound colored because these ARE NOT neutral phones, but the d600s mids sound more colored.At this point, I don't plan on keeping these.i was hoping the d600s would be a more portable d2k with better isolation and mids.Yes I believe in burn in but I also believe burn in doesn't change the sound much more than the initial.Despite the much greater portability due to the removable cables, better isolation, slightly more "ruggedness", and sexy look (YES, they are sexier than pictures make them seem) I can't justify spending that much on them when I got my d2k's for much much less.And then it hit me. I know these are colored but, wonder what they sound like with jazz. So I did just that. Played jazz through both the d2ks and d600s.CLEARLY, the mids and treble are more apparent on the d2ks. saxophones and trumpets sound much more beautiful and closer to realism. The sparkle on the d2ks is also clearly superior. It reflects my earlier comment that the d600s mids sound more colored.Lastly, It takes too much intimate listening to comment on soundstage and detail and I don't feel like putting in the time for that. The first thing I look for in headphones is the overall frequency response.small edit. the soundstage on the d2ks are both wider and deeper.P.S. Just out of curiosity, I played the same songs I heard but this time had my little 13 year old sister listen to them.The thing she immediately said was that "in all the songs, the part that's not bass sounds louder on these" with "these" referring to d2ks.Well, it's been fun. I'll come back and make this a little neater later but I've got work to do for now.post #38 of 3810/8/12 at 8:48pm
- Denon AH-D5000 vs AH-D600
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › V-Moda M-80 Vs. Sennheiser HD 558 (Headphones for someone sensitive... 3 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 44 seconds ago
- › Should I mod my XB700? 50 seconds ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 56 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 3 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3