Hiya! Hadn't posted a thread in a while. Anyways, a little curious, what would happen to the SR60i's sound if you were to swap the stock plastic shell out with an aluminum shell/wooden chamber combo, and then swap out the stock earpads with G-cush earpads, and then for looks, put some sort of metal mesh as the grilles?
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best on-ear headphones $250-$500 Last post on 2/22/14 at 7:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- First Audiophile Headphones less than $100 - any suggestions? (Specifically Grado SR60 vs. JVC... Last post on 2/11/14 at 6:17pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Project Ember Tube Rolling Last post on Today at 6:40 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphones under $300-electronic and Hip Hop Oriented Last post on 1/31/14 at 8:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is there Headphones that will be good for all genres? Last post on 1/20/14 at 3:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
How would SR60i's sound if you were to put an aluminum shell with a wooden chamber on them and...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
google grado modders go magnum.
build a headphone around magnum drivers from symphones, not the sr60i.
but, I'll still answer your questions. different woods sound different, especially with different wood treatments. Stay away from coating the inside of any cups with poly, it makes it sound like plastic. Aluminum is okay, but heavy, and wood is superior if done right. Limba is my preferred wood, with a wet sanded oil interior.
The earpads will make a HUGE difference. L-cush is best IMO. Definitely switch the pads first, if you are going to be modding.
The mesh will make no difference.
- How would SR60i's sound if you were to put an aluminum shell with a wooden chamber on them and G-cush earpads?
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 21 seconds ago
- › $2.50 CD player sounds better than my iPod. 28 seconds ago
- › Dutch Headphone Meet 2014 (Germans & Belgians welcome!) 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 2 minutes ago
- › What headphones are the best? 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 314 IEMs compared (Olasonic Flat-4 Nami added... 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Is anyone wearing the Sony XBA-H2? 4 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob