Hiya! Hadn't posted a thread in a while. Anyways, a little curious, what would happen to the SR60i's sound if you were to swap the stock plastic shell out with an aluminum shell/wooden chamber combo, and then swap out the stock earpads with G-cush earpads, and then for looks, put some sort of metal mesh as the grilles?
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Recommend me a pair of headphones to give attention to when i go to listen for shopping Last post on 9/10/14 at 5:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- SR60i driver Last post on 7/22/14 at 4:50pm in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- Grado SR60i vs SR80i Last post on 5/30/14 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR-60i and iGrado **READ OP** Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How do the Koss Portapros compare to Grado SR60i? Last post on 5/16/14 at 2:12am in Headphones (full-size)
How would SR60i's sound if you were to put an aluminum shell with a wooden chamber on them and...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
google grado modders go magnum.
build a headphone around magnum drivers from symphones, not the sr60i.
but, I'll still answer your questions. different woods sound different, especially with different wood treatments. Stay away from coating the inside of any cups with poly, it makes it sound like plastic. Aluminum is okay, but heavy, and wood is superior if done right. Limba is my preferred wood, with a wet sanded oil interior.
The earpads will make a HUGE difference. L-cush is best IMO. Definitely switch the pads first, if you are going to be modding.
The mesh will make no difference.
- How would SR60i's sound if you were to put an aluminum shell with a wooden chamber on them and G-cush earpads?
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 37 seconds ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 2 minutes ago
- › AudioValve RKV-II (OTL amp) (2014 version) + AudioValve Box... 2 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 (& Plus) & iOS 8 Sound Quality Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › How can I prevent my cords from getting destroyed by my office chair? 3 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 3 minutes ago
- › Audio player + Headphones under 250$ 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 3 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones Under 1000K 3 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)