Hiya! Hadn't posted a thread in a while. Anyways, a little curious, what would happen to the SR60i's sound if you were to swap the stock plastic shell out with an aluminum shell/wooden chamber combo, and then swap out the stock earpads with G-cush earpads, and then for looks, put some sort of metal mesh as the grilles?
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR60i vs. Audio Technica AD 700 bass response? Last post on Today at 7:48 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado sr80i vs sr60i Last post on 5/17/13 at 11:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Creative aurvana live or creative aurvana x-fi vs grado sr60i - which one? Last post on Yesterday at 2:52 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- WTB: Grado SR60i (OR TRADE WITH FOSTEX TH7BB) Last post on 5/15/13 at 7:46pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Best Amp For Grado SR60i/80i/Alessandro MS1i? Last post on 5/15/13 at 5:23am in Portable Headphone Amps
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
My opinions Sound The sound produced by the HD558 is rich, a bit light, and isn't bloated with bass which is a good thing. It has a crisp treble and punchy bass, very great...
Introduction In the past 2 years VentureCraft has been successfully creating amps and DAC/Amp packaged components with their GD-03, Go-DAP 4.0 for iPhone 4(s), and Go-DAP X for their...
A friend of mine needed a new headphone, which was cheap, closed and good sounding. I said to him, dream on friend it will be very tough to find a headphone with those criteria. But then after...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the K550. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The AKG K550...
How would SR60i's sound if you were to put an aluminum shell with a wooden chamber on them and...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
google grado modders go magnum.
build a headphone around magnum drivers from symphones, not the sr60i.
but, I'll still answer your questions. different woods sound different, especially with different wood treatments. Stay away from coating the inside of any cups with poly, it makes it sound like plastic. Aluminum is okay, but heavy, and wood is superior if done right. Limba is my preferred wood, with a wet sanded oil interior.
The earpads will make a HUGE difference. L-cush is best IMO. Definitely switch the pads first, if you are going to be modding.
The mesh will make no difference.
- How would SR60i's sound if you were to put an aluminum shell with a wooden chamber on them and G-cush earpads?
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71's take on the new ATH-CLR100 Pg... 54 seconds ago
- › [Impression] FiiO E10 1 minute ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Carry cases 7 minutes ago
- › Dark Voice 339 8 minutes ago
- › Heir Audio - The Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Carry cases 8 minutes ago
- › Starving Student PCB's 8 minutes ago
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-40/N Gold | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones... by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-4SL by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by a_recording
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe