Hiya! Hadn't posted a thread in a while. Anyways, a little curious, what would happen to the SR60i's sound if you were to swap the stock plastic shell out with an aluminum shell/wooden chamber combo, and then swap out the stock earpads with G-cush earpads, and then for looks, put some sort of metal mesh as the grilles?
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones that you would recommend based on my tastes Last post on 10/21/14 at 9:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommend me a pair of headphones to give attention to when i go to listen for shopping Last post on 9/10/14 at 5:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- SR60i driver Last post on 7/22/14 at 4:50pm in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- Grado sr60i and loving it. Last post on 7/5/14 at 10:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR60i vs SR80i Last post on 5/30/14 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Over the recent months, Creative has been bursting out some pretty nice portable gears aiming from the basic casual user all the way up to serious audiophiles. Most importantly, they are pricing...
How would SR60i's sound if you were to put an aluminum shell with a wooden chamber on them and...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
google grado modders go magnum.
build a headphone around magnum drivers from symphones, not the sr60i.
but, I'll still answer your questions. different woods sound different, especially with different wood treatments. Stay away from coating the inside of any cups with poly, it makes it sound like plastic. Aluminum is okay, but heavy, and wood is superior if done right. Limba is my preferred wood, with a wet sanded oil interior.
The earpads will make a HUGE difference. L-cush is best IMO. Definitely switch the pads first, if you are going to be modding.
The mesh will make no difference.
- How would SR60i's sound if you were to put an aluminum shell with a wooden chamber on them and G-cush earpads?
- › Android phones and USB DACs 49 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › Some HOT Science From Synergistic Research 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › DJ looking for better home sound. 3 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood (NEW ZMF FLAGSHIP!!!) Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)