Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Yamaha Debuts PRO Series Premium Headphone Line Last post on 3/16/13 at 5:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Using Headphones with Spectacles Last post on 11/17/14 at 7:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Your Recs Needed: $300 is Bluetooth Headphones that are Sweet and Devine... Last post on 11/14/14 at 12:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Question about open back headphones, buying used, and modmic use. Last post on 11/14/14 at 10:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for the headphone with the most bass being driven by my cell phone Last post on 11/15/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
AKG K3003 is an important milestone in the development of IEM. It’s THE FIRST universal fit IEM that successfully combines dynamic driver and balance armature technology together. After owning them...
Had this little player for sometime now recently purchased the X1 and comparing them both im still sold on the DX50 although I still like my X1 but I still find the sound seperation on the DX50...
Disclaimer: I received this unit for review purpose as a part of the Australasian tour. The unit is owned by Paul (Brooko). Thank you for making this happen. Summary: This is the...
Yamaha PRO Headphones. - Page 7post #91 of 5001/27/13 at 12:45pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 5001/27/13 at 1:05pm
Nice! They look better in your "real" photograph than online pics and yes, they are big, but that's okay. After you have some time with them, my question would be if the differences between M-100 and PRO 500 are enough to justify an additional headphone purchase, so I look forward to hearing what those differences are or, if the M-100 turns out to be comparable or superior in some ways.
post #93 of 5001/27/13 at 1:16pmpost #94 of 5001/27/13 at 1:28pmpost #95 of 5001/27/13 at 1:41pm
Ok, I just disconnected my TTVJ Slim amp, and I'm driving them straight out of my note II at about 75%, and they are VERY loud. The bass also slams with authority.
Edited by retrophonic - 1/27/13 at 2:15pmpost #96 of 5001/27/13 at 1:45pmQuote:
Edited by Craigster75 - 1/27/13 at 2:01pmpost #97 of 5001/27/13 at 2:02pmpost #98 of 5001/27/13 at 5:10pmQuote:
If you can compare them with your Amperiors and DT 1350s I would appreciate that as well. Also if there was a headphone you would say sounds most natural to your ears, which is it? Thanks in advance. Btw great amp!post #99 of 5001/27/13 at 6:45pmI'm going to need some help from other owners, but the Amperiors are definitely the brightest and have the narrowest soundstage out the four headphones mentioned. I would say the Beyer DT-1350's sound the most natural to me and go the deepest. The Yamaha Pro 500's have some mid bass coloration as mentioned earlier, and the M100's have pronounced bass.post #100 of 5001/28/13 at 8:21amQuote:Originally Posted by Craigster75
How is the weight of the Yamaha PRO 500? Does one need to be a linebacker to support them over time? How would they work for active use, like walking outdoors (after winter)? One of multiple reasons I returned the Velodyne V-True was their ridiculous weight, as if no research was done by anyone who actually wore them for more than 5 minutes.
They're big and heavy, which is why I'm also going to keep the M100's, just the right size and weight for me.post #101 of 5001/28/13 at 8:30amQuote:
Thanks very much. I'm looking more for portable use, so these may not be for me especially if the M-100 are on a similar level sonically.post #102 of 5001/30/13 at 4:47ampost #103 of 5001/31/13 at 4:02am
For anyone who is considering these, they are on sale today:
Enter code SAVE15 at checkout for 15% off.
This is a reputable, established high end AV store near my home in PA.post #104 of 5001/31/13 at 10:24ampost #105 of 5001/31/13 at 11:46amQuote:
7 day return; 30 day store credit
- Yamaha PRO Headphones.
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Any good japanese Headphone amp ? 5 minutes ago
- › Earphones for motorcyclists ? 6 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 7 minutes ago
- › X3 firmware 3.22-3.24beta--M3U playlists, 5-band EQ. #nooneleftbehind 7 minutes ago
- › What difference should I expect? AK120->RWAK120 + SE846 7 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by twelvebears
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)