Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Yamaha Debuts PRO Series Premium Headphone Line Last post on 3/16/13 at 5:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best loud DJ Headphones for around £220/$350 Last post on 12/16/14 at 1:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- What effect does an audio processor have on headphones? Last post on 12/10/14 at 11:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Beyerdynamic 'Custom' Street headphone Last post on 12/12/14 at 9:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there IEMs that can match full size headphones Last post on 12/14/14 at 10:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
TL;DR : Don't be lazy, I already made the review super short Let's just keep this short, I got the MMX102IE (same version just with a mic and 1 button remote) for about 40$ cuz of a discount...
I am penning down my opinion about the Hidizs AP100 Digital Audio Player. I will try to keep this review simple as possible and I hope it would be easy to read, and will help fellow enthusiasts to...
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again, small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
Yamaha PRO Headphones. - Page 7post #91 of 5001/27/13 at 12:45pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 5001/27/13 at 1:05pm
Nice! They look better in your "real" photograph than online pics and yes, they are big, but that's okay. After you have some time with them, my question would be if the differences between M-100 and PRO 500 are enough to justify an additional headphone purchase, so I look forward to hearing what those differences are or, if the M-100 turns out to be comparable or superior in some ways.
post #93 of 5001/27/13 at 1:16pmpost #94 of 5001/27/13 at 1:28pmpost #95 of 5001/27/13 at 1:41pm
Ok, I just disconnected my TTVJ Slim amp, and I'm driving them straight out of my note II at about 75%, and they are VERY loud. The bass also slams with authority.
Edited by retrophonic - 1/27/13 at 2:15pmpost #96 of 5001/27/13 at 1:45pmQuote:
Edited by Craigster75 - 1/27/13 at 2:01pmpost #97 of 5001/27/13 at 2:02pmpost #98 of 5001/27/13 at 5:10pmQuote:
If you can compare them with your Amperiors and DT 1350s I would appreciate that as well. Also if there was a headphone you would say sounds most natural to your ears, which is it? Thanks in advance. Btw great amp!post #99 of 5001/27/13 at 6:45pmI'm going to need some help from other owners, but the Amperiors are definitely the brightest and have the narrowest soundstage out the four headphones mentioned. I would say the Beyer DT-1350's sound the most natural to me and go the deepest. The Yamaha Pro 500's have some mid bass coloration as mentioned earlier, and the M100's have pronounced bass.post #100 of 5001/28/13 at 8:21amQuote:Originally Posted by Craigster75
How is the weight of the Yamaha PRO 500? Does one need to be a linebacker to support them over time? How would they work for active use, like walking outdoors (after winter)? One of multiple reasons I returned the Velodyne V-True was their ridiculous weight, as if no research was done by anyone who actually wore them for more than 5 minutes.
They're big and heavy, which is why I'm also going to keep the M100's, just the right size and weight for me.post #101 of 5001/28/13 at 8:30amQuote:
Thanks very much. I'm looking more for portable use, so these may not be for me especially if the M-100 are on a similar level sonically.post #102 of 5001/30/13 at 4:47ampost #103 of 5001/31/13 at 4:02am
For anyone who is considering these, they are on sale today:
Enter code SAVE15 at checkout for 15% off.
This is a reputable, established high end AV store near my home in PA.post #104 of 5001/31/13 at 10:24ampost #105 of 5001/31/13 at 11:46amQuote:
7 day return; 30 day store credit
- Yamaha PRO Headphones.
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Singapore/Malaysia/Brunei RockJaw Alfa Genus loaning program 5 seconds ago
- › Any better setup (audio technica ad700 + astro mixamp) 22 seconds ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 39 seconds ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 3 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club 4 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 5 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)