Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Yamaha Debuts PRO Series Premium Headphone Line Last post on 3/16/13 at 5:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Battle of the Bassy's: Beats Pro, Yamaha Pro 500, and Beats Studio 2013 Compared Last post on 7/5/14 at 1:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone for FiiO X3? Last post on 7/29/14 at 5:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ow. men i need some help.. Is it me or ..? (basshead) Last post on 6/17/14 at 5:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Fidelio X1 vs V-MODA M-100 as basshead can? Last post on 7/2/14 at 12:49am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I am not sure how these got such rave reviews. As background I've used DBA02 Sony XBA3 prior to purchasing these. I was interested because of its double dynamic drivers. After receiving...
Disclaimer: I would like to sincerely thank Salsera and Brainwavz for providing the sample S5 for this review. For most of my audio listening “career”, I haven’t been a big fan of...
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
Yamaha PRO Headphones. - Page 7post #91 of 4931/27/13 at 12:45pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 4931/27/13 at 1:05pm
Nice! They look better in your "real" photograph than online pics and yes, they are big, but that's okay. After you have some time with them, my question would be if the differences between M-100 and PRO 500 are enough to justify an additional headphone purchase, so I look forward to hearing what those differences are or, if the M-100 turns out to be comparable or superior in some ways.
post #93 of 4931/27/13 at 1:16pmpost #94 of 4931/27/13 at 1:28pmpost #95 of 4931/27/13 at 1:41pm
Ok, I just disconnected my TTVJ Slim amp, and I'm driving them straight out of my note II at about 75%, and they are VERY loud. The bass also slams with authority.
Edited by retrophonic - 1/27/13 at 2:15pmpost #96 of 4931/27/13 at 1:45pmQuote:
Edited by Craigster75 - 1/27/13 at 2:01pmpost #97 of 4931/27/13 at 2:02pmpost #98 of 4931/27/13 at 5:10pmQuote:
If you can compare them with your Amperiors and DT 1350s I would appreciate that as well. Also if there was a headphone you would say sounds most natural to your ears, which is it? Thanks in advance. Btw great amp!post #99 of 4931/27/13 at 6:45pmI'm going to need some help from other owners, but the Amperiors are definitely the brightest and have the narrowest soundstage out the four headphones mentioned. I would say the Beyer DT-1350's sound the most natural to me and go the deepest. The Yamaha Pro 500's have some mid bass coloration as mentioned earlier, and the M100's have pronounced bass.post #100 of 4931/28/13 at 8:21amQuote:Originally Posted by Craigster75
How is the weight of the Yamaha PRO 500? Does one need to be a linebacker to support them over time? How would they work for active use, like walking outdoors (after winter)? One of multiple reasons I returned the Velodyne V-True was their ridiculous weight, as if no research was done by anyone who actually wore them for more than 5 minutes.
They're big and heavy, which is why I'm also going to keep the M100's, just the right size and weight for me.post #101 of 4931/28/13 at 8:30amQuote:
Thanks very much. I'm looking more for portable use, so these may not be for me especially if the M-100 are on a similar level sonically.post #102 of 4931/30/13 at 4:47ampost #103 of 4931/31/13 at 4:02am
For anyone who is considering these, they are on sale today:
Enter code SAVE15 at checkout for 15% off.
This is a reputable, established high end AV store near my home in PA.post #104 of 4931/31/13 at 10:24ampost #105 of 4931/31/13 at 11:46amQuote:
7 day return; 30 day store credit
- Yamaha PRO Headphones.
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables just now
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 3 seconds ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 23 seconds ago
- › I need help choosing headphones? 46 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-400 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 2 minutes ago
- › Taket H2 + Megahertz amp dedicate (combo) 2 minutes ago
- › ATH-M50 upgrade? HELP (urgent) 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by xsuper
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)