Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Yamaha Debuts PRO Series Premium Headphone Line Last post on 3/16/13 at 5:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Battle of the Bassy's: Beats Pro, Yamaha Pro 500, and Beats Studio 2013 Compared Last post on 7/5/14 at 1:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone for FiiO X3? Last post on 9/11/14 at 6:53am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ow. men i need some help.. Is it me or ..? (basshead) Last post on 6/17/14 at 5:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Fidelio X1 vs V-MODA M-100 as basshead can? Last post on 7/2/14 at 12:49am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
Yamaha PRO Headphones. - Page 7post #91 of 5001/27/13 at 12:45pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 5001/27/13 at 1:05pm
Nice! They look better in your "real" photograph than online pics and yes, they are big, but that's okay. After you have some time with them, my question would be if the differences between M-100 and PRO 500 are enough to justify an additional headphone purchase, so I look forward to hearing what those differences are or, if the M-100 turns out to be comparable or superior in some ways.
post #93 of 5001/27/13 at 1:16pmpost #94 of 5001/27/13 at 1:28pmpost #95 of 5001/27/13 at 1:41pm
Ok, I just disconnected my TTVJ Slim amp, and I'm driving them straight out of my note II at about 75%, and they are VERY loud. The bass also slams with authority.
Edited by retrophonic - 1/27/13 at 2:15pmpost #96 of 5001/27/13 at 1:45pmQuote:
Edited by Craigster75 - 1/27/13 at 2:01pmpost #97 of 5001/27/13 at 2:02pmpost #98 of 5001/27/13 at 5:10pmQuote:
If you can compare them with your Amperiors and DT 1350s I would appreciate that as well. Also if there was a headphone you would say sounds most natural to your ears, which is it? Thanks in advance. Btw great amp!post #99 of 5001/27/13 at 6:45pmI'm going to need some help from other owners, but the Amperiors are definitely the brightest and have the narrowest soundstage out the four headphones mentioned. I would say the Beyer DT-1350's sound the most natural to me and go the deepest. The Yamaha Pro 500's have some mid bass coloration as mentioned earlier, and the M100's have pronounced bass.post #100 of 5001/28/13 at 8:21amQuote:Originally Posted by Craigster75
How is the weight of the Yamaha PRO 500? Does one need to be a linebacker to support them over time? How would they work for active use, like walking outdoors (after winter)? One of multiple reasons I returned the Velodyne V-True was their ridiculous weight, as if no research was done by anyone who actually wore them for more than 5 minutes.
They're big and heavy, which is why I'm also going to keep the M100's, just the right size and weight for me.post #101 of 5001/28/13 at 8:30amQuote:
Thanks very much. I'm looking more for portable use, so these may not be for me especially if the M-100 are on a similar level sonically.post #102 of 5001/30/13 at 4:47ampost #103 of 5001/31/13 at 4:02am
For anyone who is considering these, they are on sale today:
Enter code SAVE15 at checkout for 15% off.
This is a reputable, established high end AV store near my home in PA.post #104 of 5001/31/13 at 10:24ampost #105 of 5001/31/13 at 11:46amQuote:
7 day return; 30 day store credit
- Yamaha PRO Headphones.
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Cayin N6 - New Audiophile DAP (Updated with new pics) 37 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 2 minutes ago
- › Westone 2 True-Fit IEM Appreciation & Impressions Thread... 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 2 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › "Best" high end IEM or CIEM... 3 minutes ago
- › Portable (and good value!) audio player to go with current... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)