Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Yamaha Debuts PRO Series Premium Headphone Line Last post on 3/16/13 at 5:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Battle of the Bassy's: Beats Pro, Yamaha Pro 500, and Beats Studio 2013 Compared Last post on 7/5/14 at 1:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone for FiiO X3? Last post on 9/11/14 at 6:53am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ow. men i need some help.. Is it me or ..? (basshead) Last post on 6/17/14 at 5:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Fidelio X1 vs V-MODA M-100 as basshead can? Last post on 7/2/14 at 12:49am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Yamaha PRO Headphones. - Page 7post #91 of 5001/27/13 at 12:45pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 5001/27/13 at 1:05pm
Nice! They look better in your "real" photograph than online pics and yes, they are big, but that's okay. After you have some time with them, my question would be if the differences between M-100 and PRO 500 are enough to justify an additional headphone purchase, so I look forward to hearing what those differences are or, if the M-100 turns out to be comparable or superior in some ways.
post #93 of 5001/27/13 at 1:16pmpost #94 of 5001/27/13 at 1:28pmpost #95 of 5001/27/13 at 1:41pm
Ok, I just disconnected my TTVJ Slim amp, and I'm driving them straight out of my note II at about 75%, and they are VERY loud. The bass also slams with authority.
Edited by retrophonic - 1/27/13 at 2:15pmpost #96 of 5001/27/13 at 1:45pmQuote:
Edited by Craigster75 - 1/27/13 at 2:01pmpost #97 of 5001/27/13 at 2:02pmpost #98 of 5001/27/13 at 5:10pmQuote:
If you can compare them with your Amperiors and DT 1350s I would appreciate that as well. Also if there was a headphone you would say sounds most natural to your ears, which is it? Thanks in advance. Btw great amp!post #99 of 5001/27/13 at 6:45pmI'm going to need some help from other owners, but the Amperiors are definitely the brightest and have the narrowest soundstage out the four headphones mentioned. I would say the Beyer DT-1350's sound the most natural to me and go the deepest. The Yamaha Pro 500's have some mid bass coloration as mentioned earlier, and the M100's have pronounced bass.post #100 of 5001/28/13 at 8:21amQuote:Originally Posted by Craigster75
How is the weight of the Yamaha PRO 500? Does one need to be a linebacker to support them over time? How would they work for active use, like walking outdoors (after winter)? One of multiple reasons I returned the Velodyne V-True was their ridiculous weight, as if no research was done by anyone who actually wore them for more than 5 minutes.
They're big and heavy, which is why I'm also going to keep the M100's, just the right size and weight for me.post #101 of 5001/28/13 at 8:30amQuote:
Thanks very much. I'm looking more for portable use, so these may not be for me especially if the M-100 are on a similar level sonically.post #102 of 5001/30/13 at 4:47ampost #103 of 5001/31/13 at 4:02am
For anyone who is considering these, they are on sale today:
Enter code SAVE15 at checkout for 15% off.
This is a reputable, established high end AV store near my home in PA.post #104 of 5001/31/13 at 10:24ampost #105 of 5001/31/13 at 11:46amQuote:
7 day return; 30 day store credit
- Yamaha PRO Headphones.
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FiiO E12 or E17? 41 seconds ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 4 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 5 minutes ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 6 minutes ago
- › Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB! 11 minutes ago
- › Silver&Gold Iem/Ciem aftermarket cables, a debutants mini review 12 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 12 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 12 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)