would the yamahas handle classical orchestra well?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Yamaha Debuts PRO Series Premium Headphone Line Last post on 3/16/13 at 5:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Battle of the Bassy's: Beats Pro, Yamaha Pro 500, and Beats Studio 2013 Compared Last post on 7/5/14 at 1:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone for FiiO X3? Last post on 9/11/14 at 6:53am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ow. men i need some help.. Is it me or ..? (basshead) Last post on 6/17/14 at 5:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Fidelio X1 vs V-MODA M-100 as basshead can? Last post on 7/2/14 at 12:49am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Yamaha PRO Headphones. - Page 16post #226 of 5002/17/13 at 9:29pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #227 of 5002/18/13 at 7:13ampost #228 of 5002/20/13 at 8:06am
Got these few days ago (black) and I have to say that looks can be deceiving. Well I like how these headphones look but I can understand if someone sees these as beats :)
But when it comes to sound, these headphones sound really really good. Well worth the money (IMO) and I really think these need more attention. My only gripe would be comfort. They clamp bit too hard and and pads are bit too small to my ears. But it is not a deal breaker to me and I get that discomfort only after 1+ hours.
But now I have to get back listening :)
Edited by Habu - 2/20/13 at 8:10ampost #229 of 5002/20/13 at 8:10ampost #230 of 5002/20/13 at 8:35ampost #231 of 5002/20/13 at 3:52pm
fyi, Amazon is offering some amazing pricing on the 500, only a few leftpost #232 of 5002/20/13 at 7:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by Craigster75
fyi, Amazon is offering some amazing pricing on the 500, only a few left
oh goodness, I've been following these closely these last few days...ahhh, if only i had the money for it. Gosh darn it. I'm trying to build an end game portable rig and these just seem perfect. Has anyone ever seen them this low before? Do I have hope to ever see them again at this price if i miss it?post #233 of 5002/20/13 at 7:47pmpost #234 of 5002/20/13 at 8:14pmpost #235 of 5002/20/13 at 8:28pmpost #236 of 5002/21/13 at 7:43am
Wow... that's a crazy price!!! (effectively ruining my sale! LOL!!!) Hopefully they will go fast enough so at least I can recoup! So if anyone is interested in these, GO TO AMAZON RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!post #237 of 5002/21/13 at 8:15ampost #238 of 5002/22/13 at 3:13ampost #239 of 5002/22/13 at 6:17ampost #240 of 5002/22/13 at 8:45am
I posted a very brief comparison between the Pro 500s and the M-100s in the "Beats sues Yamaha" thread and Craigster asked me to state my impressions here.
To start, I have to say that my time with the Pro 500s was maybe 3-4 minutes and in that time I listened to the first parts of 3 songs that I listen to often.
Genie (Tell Me Your Wish) by Girls' Generation
Lucifer by Shinee
Rolling in the Deep by Adele
I like these three tracks because they each allow me to experience sound stage, stereo separation, bass and mid-range presence within a short time.
In the song, "Genie," the opening has the sounds of women chatting and walking in high heels on the left channel as they approach the listener before activating a car alarm on the right channel. It's my go to song to see how well the sound stage plays out on closed headphones which can sound congested (HD25-1 II, Portapro) or open headphones which sound insanely wide (SR60i, DT 990, HD 650) compared to my strictly V-MODA roster of headphones. I own the M-80 and the M-100, which have both received "better than average for a closed headphone" sound stage praise. The Pro 500s imaging of this sequence has a very similar spatial positioning to M-100s. The cute Korean chatter amidst the clacking of women's heels against the concrete sounds a fair distance off, although not quite on par with the open headphones I mentioned earlier.
"Lucifer" is fast-paced, boy band Kpop at its best with lots of fun bass, crazy stereo vocal flourishes, and a persistent hi-hat cymbal in the chorus positioned in the distant left channel. From what I remember, it sounded great on the Pro 500s and the only discernible differences being the mids are more in-your-face than on the M-100s and the bass is boomier and more impactful. Not boomy. Just boomier. The bass, to my ears, sounds more similar to the M-80s bass rendering than it does the M-100s, but it extends deeper that the M-80s.
As for "Rolling in the Deep," Adele has a great voice and I always felt the mastering of this song puts her too far back from the instrumentation. Do you guys get that as well? Every time I listen to this song, I always feel like I should scoot closer to Adele to fully experience her pain and try to console her, but it's like she's holed up at the end of a tunnel and as I scoot closer, she scoots away. It doesn't matter which headphone I use. She's always just out of reach. This feeling is much more apparent with the M-100s mid-range than it is on the M-80s. I think the Pro 500s fall in between these two, but closer to the M-80 in its forwardness.
Regarding the highs, on both the M-100s and Pro 500s I noticed no sibilance, a slight roll-off at the top, and a lack of really crispy, sparkly highs ala Grado or Sennheiser. The highs sounded very similar though the Pro 500s might have some more presence there as well. I can't say for sure.
A quick summary goes thus:
The Pro 500 sounds like an M-100 with similar mid-range and bass impact of the M-80.
Keep in mind this is only a 3-4 minute assessment of a headphone that I am comparing to 2 headphones which share the same manufacturer and which I have spent significant amounts of time tuning my brain to their sounds. 1 year for the M-80 and 4 months for the M-100 versus 3-4 minutes with the Pro 500. Take some salt with this tequila.
- Yamaha PRO Headphones.
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 48 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 53 seconds ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 1 minute ago
- › DT 880 vs. DT 990 for classical music 1 minute ago
- › Sony Xperia Z1 Compact 1 minute ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › [FS]Ocharaku Donguri Raku 3 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)