would the yamahas handle classical orchestra well?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Yamaha Debuts PRO Series Premium Headphone Line Last post on 3/16/13 at 5:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Battle of the Bassy's: Beats Pro, Yamaha Pro 500, and Beats Studio 2013 Compared Last post on 7/5/14 at 1:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone for FiiO X3? Last post on 9/11/14 at 6:53am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ow. men i need some help.. Is it me or ..? (basshead) Last post on 6/17/14 at 5:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Fidelio X1 vs V-MODA M-100 as basshead can? Last post on 7/2/14 at 12:49am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
Yamaha PRO Headphones. - Page 16post #226 of 5002/17/13 at 9:29pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #227 of 5002/18/13 at 7:13ampost #228 of 5002/20/13 at 8:06am
Got these few days ago (black) and I have to say that looks can be deceiving. Well I like how these headphones look but I can understand if someone sees these as beats :)
But when it comes to sound, these headphones sound really really good. Well worth the money (IMO) and I really think these need more attention. My only gripe would be comfort. They clamp bit too hard and and pads are bit too small to my ears. But it is not a deal breaker to me and I get that discomfort only after 1+ hours.
But now I have to get back listening :)
Edited by Habu - 2/20/13 at 8:10ampost #229 of 5002/20/13 at 8:10ampost #230 of 5002/20/13 at 8:35ampost #231 of 5002/20/13 at 3:52pm
fyi, Amazon is offering some amazing pricing on the 500, only a few leftpost #232 of 5002/20/13 at 7:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by Craigster75
fyi, Amazon is offering some amazing pricing on the 500, only a few left
oh goodness, I've been following these closely these last few days...ahhh, if only i had the money for it. Gosh darn it. I'm trying to build an end game portable rig and these just seem perfect. Has anyone ever seen them this low before? Do I have hope to ever see them again at this price if i miss it?post #233 of 5002/20/13 at 7:47pmpost #234 of 5002/20/13 at 8:14pmpost #235 of 5002/20/13 at 8:28pmpost #236 of 5002/21/13 at 7:43am
Wow... that's a crazy price!!! (effectively ruining my sale! LOL!!!) Hopefully they will go fast enough so at least I can recoup! So if anyone is interested in these, GO TO AMAZON RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!post #237 of 5002/21/13 at 8:15ampost #238 of 5002/22/13 at 3:13ampost #239 of 5002/22/13 at 6:17ampost #240 of 5002/22/13 at 8:45am
I posted a very brief comparison between the Pro 500s and the M-100s in the "Beats sues Yamaha" thread and Craigster asked me to state my impressions here.
To start, I have to say that my time with the Pro 500s was maybe 3-4 minutes and in that time I listened to the first parts of 3 songs that I listen to often.
Genie (Tell Me Your Wish) by Girls' Generation
Lucifer by Shinee
Rolling in the Deep by Adele
I like these three tracks because they each allow me to experience sound stage, stereo separation, bass and mid-range presence within a short time.
In the song, "Genie," the opening has the sounds of women chatting and walking in high heels on the left channel as they approach the listener before activating a car alarm on the right channel. It's my go to song to see how well the sound stage plays out on closed headphones which can sound congested (HD25-1 II, Portapro) or open headphones which sound insanely wide (SR60i, DT 990, HD 650) compared to my strictly V-MODA roster of headphones. I own the M-80 and the M-100, which have both received "better than average for a closed headphone" sound stage praise. The Pro 500s imaging of this sequence has a very similar spatial positioning to M-100s. The cute Korean chatter amidst the clacking of women's heels against the concrete sounds a fair distance off, although not quite on par with the open headphones I mentioned earlier.
"Lucifer" is fast-paced, boy band Kpop at its best with lots of fun bass, crazy stereo vocal flourishes, and a persistent hi-hat cymbal in the chorus positioned in the distant left channel. From what I remember, it sounded great on the Pro 500s and the only discernible differences being the mids are more in-your-face than on the M-100s and the bass is boomier and more impactful. Not boomy. Just boomier. The bass, to my ears, sounds more similar to the M-80s bass rendering than it does the M-100s, but it extends deeper that the M-80s.
As for "Rolling in the Deep," Adele has a great voice and I always felt the mastering of this song puts her too far back from the instrumentation. Do you guys get that as well? Every time I listen to this song, I always feel like I should scoot closer to Adele to fully experience her pain and try to console her, but it's like she's holed up at the end of a tunnel and as I scoot closer, she scoots away. It doesn't matter which headphone I use. She's always just out of reach. This feeling is much more apparent with the M-100s mid-range than it is on the M-80s. I think the Pro 500s fall in between these two, but closer to the M-80 in its forwardness.
Regarding the highs, on both the M-100s and Pro 500s I noticed no sibilance, a slight roll-off at the top, and a lack of really crispy, sparkly highs ala Grado or Sennheiser. The highs sounded very similar though the Pro 500s might have some more presence there as well. I can't say for sure.
A quick summary goes thus:
The Pro 500 sounds like an M-100 with similar mid-range and bass impact of the M-80.
Keep in mind this is only a 3-4 minute assessment of a headphone that I am comparing to 2 headphones which share the same manufacturer and which I have spent significant amounts of time tuning my brain to their sounds. 1 year for the M-80 and 4 months for the M-100 versus 3-4 minutes with the Pro 500. Take some salt with this tequila.
- Yamaha PRO Headphones.
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 59 seconds ago
- › Tera Player Thread - impressions, opinions, reviews , SQ. 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Funny comments from the forums. 4 minutes ago
- › NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 7 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)