- 111 Posts. Joined 6/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Pro Blacktagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 9/27/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best Headphone under $200? Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones!?! Last post on 11/18/12 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- headphone confusion....help a newbie out! Last post on 11/8/12 at 5:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What are my best options for headphones under 200? Last post on 10/28/12 at 10:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for the office: ATH-M50 vs. M-Audio Q40 Last post on 10/16/12 at 9:55am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a Review of Brainwavz S5 in-ear monitors. http://www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html I was a little cautious approaching the review of the latest flagship in-ear model from Brainwavz. With a...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
I don't constantly own a huge headphone inventory, in the past I had the Sennheiser Amperior + HD25, ATH-M50X, and currently have the V-MODA M100. Compared to those headphones the K267 superior if...
I got these phones as a gift, and I am quite happy with the sound quality and comfort. The noise cancelling is also quite good, and can completely eliminate certain frequencies of extraneous noise....
I will start by saying I went through 3 of these. All of which were under warranty, and I was by no means rough with them. The sound was nice, it had a decent bass compared to any of my other...
Beyer DT770 Pro 80 and wind noisepost #1 of 39/21/12 at 5:03pmThread StarterI recently got a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 ohm headphones. I like how they sound, and they're one of the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn. Unfortunately, there's an issue with them that might make me return them for a refund.I always have a fan aimed right at me. My Beyer DT770 Pro 80 has one hole in each ear cup. I guess they're called bass ports? There's wind noise when the air blows into the ports. Covering the ports gets rid of the wind noise, but all the bass seems to disappear. I got the Pro 80 for the bass, so covering the ports is not an option. I don't like the wind noise, but I don't like the lack of bass when the ports are covered.Is the Pro 80 the only model with the ports? Does the Pro 250 ohm version have the ports? If it doesn't, does it affect the bass in any way? I might go for the 250 ohm version if it doesn't have any issues with wind noise and if the bass is similar to the 80 ohm version. I have a Fiio E9/E10/E11, so hopefully driving them won't be an issue.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 39/21/12 at 6:11pm
I own a DT770 Pro 250 Ohms and it does have the ports. From what I have read, do you use your 770pro outdoor? I guess the cable will make it heavy and uncomfortable, aren't they? IMO, if you want a similar sounding with the DT770 pro, you can try the newly released Custom One Pro. I own both of them and they kind of sound similar while DT70 Pro is better in terms of clarity and bass quality. I currently use the COP outdoor and 770 Pro indoor. Hope my reply helps!
PS. I did try to use the 770 outdoor but I didn't find any wind noise.post #3 of 39/21/12 at 7:05pmThread StarterI guess that rules out the 250 ohm.I just use my DT770 indoors. The cable mostly isn't an issue on the 80 ohm, but it is too long for my needs. I like them except for the wind noise when I use my fan.I'll look into the Custom One Pro. I could've bought two "$100 for $75" gift certificates from SoundEarphones, making the Custom One Pro $150 total. Too bad that deal is dead. I would've considered buying one if the deal was still good.
- Beyer DT770 Pro 80 and wind noise
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 24 seconds ago
- › Germanium's Sound blaster ZXR mod thread 44 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 7 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 8 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 8 minutes ago
- › Charles Altmann Tera Player thread 10 minutes ago
- › Tekfusion® Twinwoofers® In-Ear Headphones - Reviewers Needed! 10 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 10 minutes ago
- › Bose Sues Beats for Patent Infringement 11 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by twister6
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kwilt
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by fluffyberry
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)