- 110 Posts. Joined 6/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Pro Blacktagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 9/27/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best Headphone under $200? Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones!?! Last post on 11/18/12 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- headphone confusion....help a newbie out! Last post on 11/8/12 at 5:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What are my best options for headphones under 200? Last post on 10/28/12 at 10:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for the office: ATH-M50 vs. M-Audio Q40 Last post on 10/16/12 at 9:55am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
first thing first , if you have doubts , please let me clear them , these are some of the best $20 phones in this world . secondly , thanks to razzer001 , thanks man ,...
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
So, I've owned the 4.A and 4.ai as well as the ER4S and wanted to try something different. In retrospect, I almost pulled the trigger on the Noble 4, but I recall that the infamous dip with the...
These hurt my head almost right away. The good sound quality is not noticeable when my ears and head hurts. Having said that, the price is low and if you don't like them then just return them.
This will be a short review based on maybe on 12-15 hours of use. If you think that's not long enough you can skip it. I was a bit worried that this would be some cheap gimmicky toy amp because...
Beyer DT770 Pro 80 and wind noisepost #1 of 39/21/12 at 5:03pmThread StarterI recently got a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 ohm headphones. I like how they sound, and they're one of the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn. Unfortunately, there's an issue with them that might make me return them for a refund.I always have a fan aimed right at me. My Beyer DT770 Pro 80 has one hole in each ear cup. I guess they're called bass ports? There's wind noise when the air blows into the ports. Covering the ports gets rid of the wind noise, but all the bass seems to disappear. I got the Pro 80 for the bass, so covering the ports is not an option. I don't like the wind noise, but I don't like the lack of bass when the ports are covered.Is the Pro 80 the only model with the ports? Does the Pro 250 ohm version have the ports? If it doesn't, does it affect the bass in any way? I might go for the 250 ohm version if it doesn't have any issues with wind noise and if the bass is similar to the 80 ohm version. I have a Fiio E9/E10/E11, so hopefully driving them won't be an issue.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 39/21/12 at 6:11pm
I own a DT770 Pro 250 Ohms and it does have the ports. From what I have read, do you use your 770pro outdoor? I guess the cable will make it heavy and uncomfortable, aren't they? IMO, if you want a similar sounding with the DT770 pro, you can try the newly released Custom One Pro. I own both of them and they kind of sound similar while DT70 Pro is better in terms of clarity and bass quality. I currently use the COP outdoor and 770 Pro indoor. Hope my reply helps!
PS. I did try to use the 770 outdoor but I didn't find any wind noise.post #3 of 39/21/12 at 7:05pmThread StarterI guess that rules out the 250 ohm.I just use my DT770 indoors. The cable mostly isn't an issue on the 80 ohm, but it is too long for my needs. I like them except for the wind noise when I use my fan.I'll look into the Custom One Pro. I could've bought two "$100 for $75" gift certificates from SoundEarphones, making the Custom One Pro $150 total. Too bad that deal is dead. I would've considered buying one if the deal was still good.
- Beyer DT770 Pro 80 and wind noise
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The Stax Thread III 54 seconds ago
- › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] 1 minute ago
- › Bottlehead Crack + Speedball Upgrade (PRICE DROP) [Located in... 1 minute ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 304 IEMs compared (Clear Tune Monitors WLS-5... 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Gigaworks T20, T40 & Audioengine A5+ 3 minutes ago
- › December 2013 - Mook Headphone Festival Singapore 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Delta by suman134
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe