- 111 Posts. Joined 6/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Pro Blacktagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 9/27/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best Headphone under $200? Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones!?! Last post on 11/18/12 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- headphone confusion....help a newbie out! Last post on 11/8/12 at 5:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What are my best options for headphones under 200? Last post on 10/28/12 at 10:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for the office: ATH-M50 vs. M-Audio Q40 Last post on 10/16/12 at 9:55am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
Beyer DT770 Pro 80 and wind noisepost #1 of 39/21/12 at 5:03pmThread StarterI recently got a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 ohm headphones. I like how they sound, and they're one of the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn. Unfortunately, there's an issue with them that might make me return them for a refund.I always have a fan aimed right at me. My Beyer DT770 Pro 80 has one hole in each ear cup. I guess they're called bass ports? There's wind noise when the air blows into the ports. Covering the ports gets rid of the wind noise, but all the bass seems to disappear. I got the Pro 80 for the bass, so covering the ports is not an option. I don't like the wind noise, but I don't like the lack of bass when the ports are covered.Is the Pro 80 the only model with the ports? Does the Pro 250 ohm version have the ports? If it doesn't, does it affect the bass in any way? I might go for the 250 ohm version if it doesn't have any issues with wind noise and if the bass is similar to the 80 ohm version. I have a Fiio E9/E10/E11, so hopefully driving them won't be an issue.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 39/21/12 at 6:11pm
I own a DT770 Pro 250 Ohms and it does have the ports. From what I have read, do you use your 770pro outdoor? I guess the cable will make it heavy and uncomfortable, aren't they? IMO, if you want a similar sounding with the DT770 pro, you can try the newly released Custom One Pro. I own both of them and they kind of sound similar while DT70 Pro is better in terms of clarity and bass quality. I currently use the COP outdoor and 770 Pro indoor. Hope my reply helps!
PS. I did try to use the 770 outdoor but I didn't find any wind noise.post #3 of 39/21/12 at 7:05pmThread StarterI guess that rules out the 250 ohm.I just use my DT770 indoors. The cable mostly isn't an issue on the 80 ohm, but it is too long for my needs. I like them except for the wind noise when I use my fan.I'll look into the Custom One Pro. I could've bought two "$100 for $75" gift certificates from SoundEarphones, making the Custom One Pro $150 total. Too bad that deal is dead. I would've considered buying one if the deal was still good.
- Beyer DT770 Pro 80 and wind noise
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 1 minute ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 5 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 8 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 9 minutes ago
- › pupDAC Step-by-Step Build Thread 10 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 11 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)