- 138 Posts. Joined 6/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Protagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 9/27/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best Headphone under $200? Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones!?! Last post on 11/18/12 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- headphone confusion....help a newbie out! Last post on 11/8/12 at 5:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What are my best options for headphones under 200? Last post on 10/28/12 at 10:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for the office: ATH-M50 vs. M-Audio Q40 Last post on 10/16/12 at 9:55am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
Photo courtesy of Cozoy INTRODUCTION I recently tested out a couple battery-powered DAC/Amp (Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3) solutions and the battery-free Calyx PaT DAC/Amp with the goal of...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Inearz/Fisher Hearing for providing me with a review sample of their IE-P650 CIEM in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
Beyer DT770 Pro 80 and wind noisepost #1 of 39/21/12 at 5:03pmThread StarterI recently got a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 ohm headphones. I like how they sound, and they're one of the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn. Unfortunately, there's an issue with them that might make me return them for a refund.I always have a fan aimed right at me. My Beyer DT770 Pro 80 has one hole in each ear cup. I guess they're called bass ports? There's wind noise when the air blows into the ports. Covering the ports gets rid of the wind noise, but all the bass seems to disappear. I got the Pro 80 for the bass, so covering the ports is not an option. I don't like the wind noise, but I don't like the lack of bass when the ports are covered.Is the Pro 80 the only model with the ports? Does the Pro 250 ohm version have the ports? If it doesn't, does it affect the bass in any way? I might go for the 250 ohm version if it doesn't have any issues with wind noise and if the bass is similar to the 80 ohm version. I have a Fiio E9/E10/E11, so hopefully driving them won't be an issue.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 39/21/12 at 6:11pm
I own a DT770 Pro 250 Ohms and it does have the ports. From what I have read, do you use your 770pro outdoor? I guess the cable will make it heavy and uncomfortable, aren't they? IMO, if you want a similar sounding with the DT770 pro, you can try the newly released Custom One Pro. I own both of them and they kind of sound similar while DT70 Pro is better in terms of clarity and bass quality. I currently use the COP outdoor and 770 Pro indoor. Hope my reply helps!
PS. I did try to use the 770 outdoor but I didn't find any wind noise.post #3 of 39/21/12 at 7:05pmThread StarterI guess that rules out the 250 ohm.I just use my DT770 indoors. The cable mostly isn't an issue on the 80 ohm, but it is too long for my needs. I like them except for the wind noise when I use my fan.I'll look into the Custom One Pro. I could've bought two "$100 for $75" gift certificates from SoundEarphones, making the Custom One Pro $150 total. Too bad that deal is dead. I would've considered buying one if the deal was still good.
- Beyer DT770 Pro 80 and wind noise
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Finally NEW headphone from Beyerdynamic!!! DT-1770 1 minute ago
- › Denon AH-MM400 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 4 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 4 minutes ago
- › Need help with Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Headset and PS4 Setup 6 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2