- 115 Posts. Joined 6/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Pro Blacktagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 9/27/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best Headphone under $200? Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones!?! Last post on 11/18/12 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- headphone confusion....help a newbie out! Last post on 11/8/12 at 5:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What are my best options for headphones under 200? Last post on 10/28/12 at 10:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for the office: ATH-M50 vs. M-Audio Q40 Last post on 10/16/12 at 9:55am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Beyer DT770 Pro 80 and wind noisepost #1 of 39/21/12 at 5:03pmThread StarterI recently got a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 ohm headphones. I like how they sound, and they're one of the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn. Unfortunately, there's an issue with them that might make me return them for a refund.I always have a fan aimed right at me. My Beyer DT770 Pro 80 has one hole in each ear cup. I guess they're called bass ports? There's wind noise when the air blows into the ports. Covering the ports gets rid of the wind noise, but all the bass seems to disappear. I got the Pro 80 for the bass, so covering the ports is not an option. I don't like the wind noise, but I don't like the lack of bass when the ports are covered.Is the Pro 80 the only model with the ports? Does the Pro 250 ohm version have the ports? If it doesn't, does it affect the bass in any way? I might go for the 250 ohm version if it doesn't have any issues with wind noise and if the bass is similar to the 80 ohm version. I have a Fiio E9/E10/E11, so hopefully driving them won't be an issue.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 39/21/12 at 6:11pm
I own a DT770 Pro 250 Ohms and it does have the ports. From what I have read, do you use your 770pro outdoor? I guess the cable will make it heavy and uncomfortable, aren't they? IMO, if you want a similar sounding with the DT770 pro, you can try the newly released Custom One Pro. I own both of them and they kind of sound similar while DT70 Pro is better in terms of clarity and bass quality. I currently use the COP outdoor and 770 Pro indoor. Hope my reply helps!
PS. I did try to use the 770 outdoor but I didn't find any wind noise.post #3 of 39/21/12 at 7:05pmThread StarterI guess that rules out the 250 ohm.I just use my DT770 indoors. The cable mostly isn't an issue on the 80 ohm, but it is too long for my needs. I like them except for the wind noise when I use my fan.I'll look into the Custom One Pro. I could've bought two "$100 for $75" gift certificates from SoundEarphones, making the Custom One Pro $150 total. Too bad that deal is dead. I would've considered buying one if the deal was still good.
- Beyer DT770 Pro 80 and wind noise
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 29 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 328 IEMs compared (Lear LUF-4F / LUF-4B / LUF-4C... 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › Superlux Express Train 3 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 11 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)