Okay guys.. I picked up my Brainwavz B2 and Fiio E6 tonight, and I'm not sure I what I should say about it.
When I unpackaged them, I tested them directly on my Clip+ and after the first 10 seconds they sounded like the crap you get in hospitals. Put them back in the box, loaded up the Fiio E6 for an hour to test it out afterwards when I got home.
I'm probably very strange but it is nothing like you guys (and the people on head-fi) have been telling. I already expected to get something that wouldn't work well for songs with bass, but this is different. I'm a bit dissapointed when it comes to the expectations.
To summarize, what I expected was something I could get used to but was going to take time. This is not the case.
Did some tests on quite a few different musical styles I have on the clip, every time just and only one song:
- Carmen Fantasy, Op. 25, by Pablo de Sarasate, known for its requirement of having violin players having mastered their instrument: before I could hear the violin player inhale, with the B2's he descided to also turn the music sheets.
- Anna Netrebko's 2003 album Opera Arias actually sounds as clear as I expected before downloading it. She must have been drinking before. She isn't standing perfectly in front of the Microphone, someone should have told her.
- On Pepe Romero's 1988 album Flamenco people starting clapping to the dancing, they must be happier today I guess.
- The bass on Royksopp's album Senior is perfect and deep, but apparently someone put different versions of the songs on the Clip+ cause these have sounds I haven't heard before.
- The different instruments on the album Diamond Eyes by the Deftones, have a clearly seperate sound. Even though I love their music, this is the first time Diamond Eyes actually sounds good, the mids are superb.
So, 5 songs, 15 minutes of listening.. don't need to get used to them, it already happened! Nothing of an 'acquired taste'.. this is how it damn should be ^_^.
Oh, and the Fiio E6.. compared, sounds like it just gives the B2's that little bit more what they need, at the same volume. They don't increase the volume much for these (compared to the Clip+ attached directly, and my Sennheiser CX-300's first version which almost turned into speakers), which kinda gives me the feeling it works for what it was planned for!
Edited by laen - 11/7/12 at 12:28pm