New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fiio E18 - Page 7

post #91 of 1802

well its june.. can i buy these yet lol

 

i just ordered the vmoda m80s to use with my s4.  Now I just need the e18 and my set up will be nice.  

post #92 of 1802

hey all,

 

i got 2 questions for james (or anyone who knows):

 

1) since e18 doesn't require power supply from the phone's usb port, will e18 work with a custom rom'd nexus 4? (would e17?)

 

2) apparently, e18 won't fit in the e09 dock due to the lack of the usual dock connector. will there be an extra dock or will using e18 as a preamp be the only way to connect it to a desktop amp?

 

ps: 1st post, already can hear my wallet scream in agony :)

post #93 of 1802

bump...

dead thread?
 

post #94 of 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampair View Post

bump...
dead thread?

 


sorry for your wallet man.

this thread lost its attentio, due to many new products from Fiio, Iriver, ibasso...

At least I can more or less answer your first question. With a certain custom rom it is possible to use different usb dacs. Search for the Nexus 7 Tab here on the forum. There is a step by step guide.
post #95 of 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFA View Post
With a certain custom rom it is possible to use different usb dacs. Search for the Nexus 7 Tab here on the forum. There is a step by step guide.

 

found it, thanks man!

guess i have to get an e17 and try it out, will post the results in the android-dac thread.

post #96 of 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampair View Post

found it, thanks man!
guess i have to get an e17 and try it out, will post the results in the android-dac thread.

Do not forget, that you are changing the kernel, this always has some advantages and disadvantages... like instability. smily_headphones1.gif
post #97 of 1802

Hopefully we'll get a solid release date for the E18 soon.  Unfortunately, I am one of the many owners of the GS4 with the headphone jack clipping issue.  I'm kinda torn between waiting for this or the E19 though.

post #98 of 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFA View Post


Do not forget, that you are changing the kernel, this always has some advantages and disadvantages... like instability. smily_headphones1.gif


oh, really? rolleyes.gif

i'm on franco kernel anyway, so i guess it won't be that much of a change.

post #99 of 1802

there's at least one place showing price and specs:

 

http://www.hifi-passion.de/FiiO/FiiO-E18.html

post #100 of 1802

If this product is truly only a few months away from release, why hasn't James or the Fiio website even mentioned it recently? I'm starting to wonder if the E18 has been delayed.

post #101 of 1802

James just mentioned it on the x3 thread. He says shipping in August. 

post #102 of 1802
The same DAC chip as the new Quad USB dac. That I will probably get soon.
All I need now is an android phone as an excuse to get the E18.
FIIO are on a STORMING run at the moment !!
post #103 of 1802

I don't really need an excuse to get an Android phone. I wanted to make the switch for a LONG time. Seems like the perfect time to me. 

post #104 of 1802
When I see this post about E19 (Flagship DAC/AMP) ,hope to see balance out put.
That's what I'm waiting for, could really useful.biggrin.gif:D
post #105 of 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by moohunt21 View Post

When I see this post about E19 (Flagship DAC/AMP) ,hope to see balance out put.
That's what I'm waiting for, could really useful.biggrin.gif:D

I personally doubt they will have balance. Considering most portable phones aren't balanced, I honestly see no reason to have a balanced output on a portable amp. But I know that some users recable/terminate their hps with balanced output, so I guess there is a use.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps