New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fiio E18 - Page 42

post #616 of 1413

I'm on the way home and I'm told that there's an E18 waiting for me. Wish me luck.

post #617 of 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

I'm on the way home and I'm told that there's an E18 waiting for me. Wish me luck.

Good luck to me and you! I wish it would somehow work with my Nexus 5...


Edited by ObeyurMaster - 11/14/13 at 4:21pm
post #618 of 1413

Does the E18 work with AOSP rom ? Or does it have to be TouchWiz Roms.

post #619 of 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldood View Post
 

Does the E18 work with AOSP rom ? Or does it have to be TouchWiz Roms.

 

I'm not sure but I think that as long as you have the 4.3 kernel it'll work.

post #620 of 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeyurMaster View Post

Good luck to me and you! I wish it would somehow work with my Nexus 5...

Do you mean you've tried the e18 with the nexus 5 and it doesn't work? What rom is it on?
post #621 of 1413
Works great on my vzw note 3. Stock rom but rooted

Sent from my DROID, not the ones you're looking for.
post #622 of 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post


Do you mean you've tried the e18 with the nexus 5 and it doesn't work? What rom is it on?

I haven't tried yet, but I've read nothing works directly with nexus 5....so I was wishing that it would magically work. Anyways, I will find out soon.

post #623 of 1413

Update - I tried the E18 with Nexus 5....it's a no go. I also tried it with my ATT Galaxy S3, and it worked straight away. No sign of any interference like some posts noted but I only tried this for a very short time.

 

One weird thing with the Nexus 5 was that as soon as I switched on the E18, the google play app started playing right away through the nexus speaker. I also could play/pause, skip next etc. using the controls on E18.  I would like to hear more about this from android experts.

post #624 of 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeyurMaster View Post
 

Good luck to me and you! I wish it would somehow work with my Nexus 5...

I did a quick check before sticking on to a USB charger.

1) It works with my Verizon Galaxy S3, although I can't yet say how well the SQ is.

    a) Google Play OK

    b) PowerAmp OK

    c) NeutronMP OK

 2) It doesn't work properly on my Nexus 7 (2013). I expected it to work on that, No sound from the E18, audio stays on the internal speakers, however, the media control buttons on the E18  function. That's with Jellybean 4.3. Kitkat 4.4 should be on it very soon, maybe I'll get lucky with that because the audio on the Nexus 7 (2013) is nothing to write home about.

 

EDIT - Update:

It works with my Windows 7 64bit Notebook and the play/pause/next/previous buttons on the E18 work correctly via USB.

1) MediaMonkey - Sounds good.

2) Foobar 200 - Sounds good.

3) Windoze MediaPlayer - Sounds good.


Edited by StanD - 11/15/13 at 8:18am
post #625 of 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashade View Post
 

 

You will most likely need to find a ROM based on 4.x.x. This way you will most likely lose the radio, as you risk damaging it if you use it as these ROMs are usually ported from nexus devices with similar hardware and never guarantee full compatibility. The audio OTG usually comes enable in any kernel based on 4.x.x. with few exceptions.

 

On the other hand, the phone needs to have OTG capability (hardware activated) and I am not 100% sure about the Galaxy S.

 

Other cool features I love to have in Android are Voodoo sound in Wolfson DACs (activated via kernel), and the DSP manager that can be added manually to virtually any ROM and provides you with EQ capabilities via the internal and the external DAC and via bluetooth as well as other goodies.

 

The Galaxy S already own the cyanogenmod rom flashed on, but I?m not sure that the USB OTG is enabled by default in this version.

I found a kernel for the GS that enable this feature, but I know that it can not work because not enough energy pass via usb.

So when I will recieve my E18 I'll do several test on it...

 

About Voodoo sound and DSP manager: are this necessary if EQ capabilities don't interest me?

post #626 of 1413

The shape already decided, we now working in find a suitable DAC chip for it because too many FiiO model has WM8740. it is still very good,

vrt

post #627 of 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpler View Post

The Galaxy S already own the cyanogenmod rom flashed on, but I?m not sure that the USB OTG is enabled by default in this version.
I found a kernel for the GS that enable this feature, but I know that it can not work because not enough energy pass via usb.
So when I will recieve my E18 I'll do several test on it...

About Voodoo sound and DSP manager: are this necessary if EQ capabilities don't interest me?

You might need to use a powered HUB, which is inconvenient. As per Voodoo and DSP.... not really, Voodoo provide features for your internal DAC, but if you don't plan to use it...
post #628 of 1413

Anyone get the cell phone charging feature to work?

 

All the other functions for me are working.

post #629 of 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashade View Post


You might need to use a powered HUB, which is inconvenient. As per Voodoo and DSP.... not really, Voodoo provide features for your internal DAC, but if you don't plan to use it...


The powered HUB is necessary also if the E18 DAC don't requires external power as mentioned several times in this thread?

 

About Voodoo: if features are EQ capabilities I don't need it...

 

Thanks for your answer...

post #630 of 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by headsounds View Post
 

Anyone get the cell phone charging feature to work?

 

All the other functions for me are working.

I see a lot of issues with it for the first people that got it :(

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps