New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fiio E18 - Page 27

post #391 of 1743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anggrian View Post
 

I'm seeing Fiio E18 in its official website:

http://www.fiio.com.cn/products/index.aspx?ID=100000049935442&MenuID=105026002

 

It says that E18 would work on any device with USB OTG function. Just what is USB OTG? It also says by means of Micro USB cable, so all android devices with Micro USB are supposed to work with it?

 

What about Android FTP/MTP connection? Some smartphones can only act as one.

 

OTG - on the go usb which turns your smartphone (if supported) to a "host" for connection of peripheral devices like mouse, keyboard, external usb storage, etc.  Although it looks like a short usb cable (micro-usb on one side to connect to your phone and female full size usb to attach other devices) it has two internal pins shorted to tell your phone its otg cable which sets "host" mode. The easiest way is to google your phone model and if it supports OTG.

post #392 of 1743

1, About the ETA, we should delivery 100 to 200 pcs to U.S next week. and Dec in other regions.

 

2, About the phone which E18 supported, we can't tested all the Android phones, so make sure your phone is supported in the introduction of E18.

 

3, There are some Android phones which is supports OTG, but faile in the test because hardware limited .

 

4, There will have some noise if you are using GSM phone,

 

Anway, the SQ of E18 is noticeable better than E17/E07K in sound quality and battery life.

post #393 of 1743
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

1, About the ETA, we should delivery 100 to 200 pcs to U.S next week. and Dec in other regions.

 

2, About the phone which E18 supported, we can't tested all the Android phones, so make sure your phone is supported in the introduction of E18.

 

3, There are some Android phones which is supports OTG, but faile in the test because hardware limited .

 

4, There will have some noise if you are using GSM phone,

 

Anway, the SQ of E18 is noticeable better than E17/E07K in sound quality and battery life.

I think we'll be needing more than 200 of these in the USA.

post #394 of 1743
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
3, There are some Android phones which is supports OTG, but faile in the test because hardware limited .

 

This point is very important.

What are this hardware limitation? What's the problem? Has Fiio investigated about this point?

When the OTG funtion turns the smartphone to a "host" for connection I know that is not only a software problem: to work the smartphone must be capable to supply energy via USB, and this is an hardware problem. Yes, the E18 DAC works with the internal battery but perhaps the host must supply alittle bit of energy for the connection: is this the hardware problem?

 

Ah, I've already ordered mine here in Italy...

post #395 of 1743

Btw, not sure if it was mentioned in here before, but Fiio website does state support for Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, Note 2 (and probably Note 3), and HTC One and Sony L36h (whatever that is).  In theory, they covered the most widely used Android Smartphones here in US.  I wonder if Nexus and Moto will be supported/tested since those are popular as well.

 

One thing for sure, I supposed to get E18 review unit sometime toward the end of next week, and will do a review using my Note 2 with Neutron Media player app (bummer, just read ClieOS review of E18, and it doesn't work with Neutron :(), and comparison using headphones available to me (UE600, UE900, M-Duo, and wired new SYNC by 50 on-ear, wired AF52, and my MDR7506).  Plus, I will extend the comparison to V-Moda M80 and Westone W40 whenever I receive those for review.  I'm not going to pretend I'm a hardcore audiophile.  I review Android gadgets on XDA-Dev (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2192333) and promise to give you detailed comparison from audiophile wonna-be perspective ;)


Edited by twister6 - 10/25/13 at 11:21am
post #396 of 1743
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post
 

comparison using headphones available to me (UE600, UE900, M-Duo, and wired new SYNC by 50 on-ear, wired AF52, and my MDR7506).

 

Only in-ear headphones? Any chance to get some decent full sized mid to high end over-the-ear headphones?

post #397 of 1743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvatore View Post
 

 

Only in-ear headphones? Any chance to get some decent full sized mid to high end over-the-ear headphones?

 

Sorry, that's all I have access to.  I use my headphones with Note 2 and don't want to burden myself with big cans, thus a focus on IEM.  Only lately I started to get into "bigger drivers" because I was asked to review a few.  I'm more of an android gadget/accessory guy, rather then audiophile, but I'm starting to get up to speed.  Hopefully soon will graduate to V-Moda M100 and ATH-M50 ;)

 

My whole intent was to do A/B comparison.  It doesn't matter what phone (as long as its compatible) or headphones you are using.  usb-DAC supposed to enhance your listening experience.  That is why I want to see how it will change by listening with and without E18 using different headphones.  EU900 would be a great example considering its relatively balanced FR and slight low end bump.  I would love to hear how it will shine with E18 and bass boost.

post #398 of 1743
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

 

4, There will have some noise if you are using GSM phone,

 

How much are we talking? My HiFiMAN HM-101 is unusable when connected to my phone, but it's pretty susceptible to noise. I was sold until this little tid-bit. Does that mean there is actually an issue with the signal out the USB port on GSM phones? I assume this includes LTE (not just 3G GSM), is that correct?

post #399 of 1743

E18 as USB DAC with computer allows you to use play/pause and the next and backwards buttons!

 

I pressed the button by accident while using the E18 with Foobar on my Windows PC. And what do you know, all three buttons work. There isn't any scrolling with the back or forward buttons but its great that it even works with windows PC's.

post #400 of 1743
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post
 

I wonder if Nexus will be supported/tested since those are popular as well.

 

It won't work on Nexus 4 (because it does not have USB OTG).  Rumors indicate upcoming Nexus 5 will support OTG ... I am hoping it does.

post #401 of 1743
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2it View Post

It won't work on Nexus 4 (because it does not have USB OTG).  Rumors indicate upcoming Nexus 5 will support OTG ... I am hoping it does.
The nexus 4 is getting the 4.4 update so it will have that support...
post #402 of 1743
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post


Anway, the SQ of E18 is noticeable better than E17/E07K in sound quality and battery life.

So would you say it's also better than x3?
post #403 of 1743
Today on the Fiio download page was added a link for the E18 manual, but the link is wrong. I hope that it will be added soon...

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus utilizzando Tapatalk
post #404 of 1743
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpler View Post

Today on the Fiio download page was added a link for the E18 manual, but the link is wrong. I hope that it will be added soon...

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus utilizzando Tapatalk

 

sorry, will fix it asap!

post #405 of 1743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bina View Post


So would you say it's also better than x3?

 

yes, that is what we hope and done. The E18 has better DAC and amp section than X3.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps