Will the E18 be compatible with the nexus7, the nexus 4 or any smatphone which usually don't work with a DAC without USB Recorder pro ?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio e12, e18, or e17 for Windows tablet Last post on 11/17/13 at 7:01pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO EO9K Dock for E17 In-Stock Today at HeadRoom Last post on 9/20/12 at 3:47pm in HeadRoom Premier Sponsor Forum
- FiiO needs to make a unit that is basically a flac player strapped to an e17 Last post on 7/21/12 at 9:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E17 Silicone Case? Last post on 7/25/13 at 2:29pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- To be a headphone amp or not a headphone amp - that is thee question Last post on 5/23/12 at 2:43pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Packaging and build: The packaging is minimal and exquisitely so. The extra tips filters and manual are behind the felt coated foam holding the earphones. As I gingerly dislodged them from the...
Fiio E18 - Page 17
Gear mentioned in this thread:
whoa PCM dac nice choice there :D those things have a nice sound :3. I'm enjoying my m801 atm and I'm pretty sure it is also using a PCM dac.
As far as I know, Fiio is closed till October the 5th due to a national holiday week.
He might answer as part of the commercial branch of the brand, but I wouldn´t expect so.
Edited by Ashade - 10/1/13 at 6:38pm
If it's not on the list of devices supported then it's likely it hasn't been tested. It will probably work with USB recorder pro but whether it works natively is up in the air because the Samsung devices listed all have legacy audio usb support and that's something special that Samsung added.
The DAC will likely not work with iDevices because, as said earlier in this thread, you need to get the license from Apple and Fiio doesn't have that. This is also why DACs for Apple devices are so expensive.
for the Android phone which not listed to be supported by E18, it may still works with E18 but we have not tested all the Android phone by now. but we will update the list in the future depend on the feedback of our customers.
sorry not caz the licence issue.
Looking at the image you posted for the E18, I noticed that the Drive Ability (recommended) Impedance is 16-150 Ohms. What happens to those of us that have 250 Ohm HP's like a Sennheiser HD600, etc.? Can you also give us the voltage, current and power limits for the output at the common impedances, including 250 Ohms?
Recently I've picked up an E12 amp and am very pleased with it.
U guys should know that, Apple is finnicky with everything they own, and if Fiio where to get the liscence I have a feeling the price would increase FAR more than what it would be worth to most of us
Is there a FiiO product that will work for me? Mainly this new E18?
What I don't understand is what happens when you plug something into the phone. Is there some kind of app that I need?
Edited by Sushiglobster - 10/5/13 at 3:11pm
Ah! Great! I was hoping it was something easy like that.
Is the E18 suppose to be light weight and thin? I have to figure out a way to trap it to my phone. I was thinking Velcro would work well so I can take it on and off.
- Fiio E18
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 8 seconds ago
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition 11 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 26 seconds ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 37 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 49 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Rank the IEM's you've heard 2 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe