or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fiio E18 - Page 99

post #1471 of 2231
The E18 was marketed as an "Android compatible DAC/amp".
post #1472 of 2231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorrofox View Post

The E18 was marketed as an "Android compatible DAC/amp".

right, so nothin for idevices :) thats good

post #1473 of 2231
Quote:
Originally Posted by saj2001ind View Post
 

but for ipod or iphone there is no microusb connector to connect it to e18 microusb dac mode like we can do for android, does this mean idevices can never be use e18 as dac mode.

 

iDevices can use the DAC with a camera connection adapter:

 

 

Works flawless. With all apps, no hassle. Just plug'n'play - no need to do anything in settings or anything.


Edited by Coq de Combat - 5/8/14 at 3:32am
post #1474 of 2231

It also works flawlessly as just an amp - through the audio input port.

 

post #1475 of 2231
In e18 since there is no display is there anyway to know how much big rate it's processing as dac and music file details etc

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
post #1476 of 2231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorrofox View Post

The E18 was marketed as an "Android compatible DAC/amp".

Yet it works perfectly fine with iDevices using a CCK (Camera Connection Kit) cable/adapter and a current version of iOS. Apparently Apple has taken USB audio compliance seriously. It looks like they are compliant to both USB Audio spec's 1 & 2. Wake up Google.

I use a Lightening CCK cable from my iPod Touch 5G to either my E18 or Bifrost Uber USB or USB to SPDIF converter gadgets.

As much as I prefer Android over iOS, the Apple UI is more than sufficient for a DAP.

You'll be pleased to know that Neutron MP had made it to iOS.

post #1477 of 2231
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post

Yet it works perfectly fine with iDevices using a CCK (Camera Connection Kit) cable/adapter and a current version of iOS. Apparently Apple has taken USB audio compliance seriously. It looks like they are compliant to both USB Audio spec's 1 & 2. Wake up Google.
I use a Lightening CCK cable from my iPod Touch 5G to either my E18 or Bifrost Uber USB or USB to SPDIF converter gadgets.
As much as I prefer Android over iOS, the Apple UI is more than sufficient for a DAP.
You'll be pleased to know that Neutron MP had made it to iOS.

That is good to know. If iTunes could handle FLAC I'd be sorted. My desktop's a Mac mini and I'm typing on my iPad right now. My trusty iPhone 4S is in a cupboard.
post #1478 of 2231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorrofox View Post


That is good to know. If iTunes could handle FLAC I'd be sorted. My desktop's a Mac mini and I'm typing on my iPad right now. My trusty iPhone 4S is in a cupboard.

apple will never make their devices compatible with flac boz they have their own propitiatory lossless format..

 

that is what apple wants to do .. never wants to use anything open source but wants to close everything and make a monopoly

 

best thing about android is it is made and will ever be open source

 

compare SQ of latest iphone or ipod with HTC M8 and try to find any difference if you can :)

post #1479 of 2231

For those that use Neutron as player with E18: there is some recommended settings in the player to work at best with our DAC?

Many thanks!

post #1480 of 2231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorrofox View Post


That is good to know. If iTunes could handle FLAC I'd be sorted. My desktop's a Mac mini and I'm typing on my iPad right now. My trusty iPhone 4S is in a cupboard.

Doesn't Neutron support FLAC - yes it does. Now Neutron (complete) is avaliable for iOS in the App Store. Most Apple afficanodos say that the audio from the 4S is more to their liking. It has a low output impedance while the iPhone5(s) comes in at 4.5 Ohms which means headphones of at least 36 Ohms for a good damping ratio which throws a wet blanket on some premium BA IEMs and other goodies. All you need is the CCK cable and your E18 is apple ready.

Now see if you can use MediaMonkey to transfer FAC files to your iDevice. Perhaps iTunes can do that.


Edited by StanD - 5/8/14 at 3:59pm
post #1481 of 2231
You might be on to something here Stan. Unfortunately for me my old iPhone is locked a day I'll need to get around that first. I'll look into this over the weekend. Cheers.
post #1482 of 2231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorrofox View Post

You might be on to something here Stan. Unfortunately for me my old iPhone is locked a day I'll need to get around that first. I'll look into this over the weekend. Cheers.

If this works out you will free your iPhone from Apple's chains. They are control freaks.

post #1483 of 2231
Tried with my iPad with the CCK last night successfully. Didn't listen to music but watch Youtube videos just for the sake of testing. I hate transferring files to iPad btw.
post #1484 of 2231
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeap69 View Post

Tried with my iPad with the CCK last night successfully. Didn't listen to music but watch Youtube videos just for the sake of testing. I hate transferring files to iPad btw.

I went into an Apple store and taught their Genuises about USB audio and the CCK cables. They d no clue.

I hate the iTunes app. If you have a PC you can use the free version of MediaMonkey to transfer music to your iDevice, It works like a charm, real easy.

post #1485 of 2231
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post

If this works out you will free your iPhone from Apple's chains. They are control freaks.

Unlocking the phone is my immediate problem but not a big one as I went out & bought a Clip+ and to be honest I'm more than happy with it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps