New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fiio E18 - Page 9

post #121 of 1655

Lol. So many functions that one needs.

post #122 of 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon859 View Post

Oh, ok, well in any I case I should mention that I love you guys, lol, and for me it's less about me per say than it is my desire for others to appreciate what you guys do, with what I mention kinda being part of the requirement for this I've noticed..  I WAS in fact however questioning the reason if I'm honest, so I'm glad to hear that the goal is precisely to make, as you said, a perfect DAC/Amp, but you're saying it's just not possible?  I'm honestly not exactly sure why though considering all the functionality you guys have been able to implement separately.  Is it because you feel it wouldn't be worth the trade-off in size?  The point is, the E17 was already close to perfect, and even at a slightly larger size (like what it is with the L7 adapter or even slightly bigger), the Android functionality can be implemented I think, along with the other things.  Or, am I missing something?  Is it the difficulty of implementing all into one design, having to work around the need to double up on certain parts to accomplish this?  If for example you were to think about the suggested additions/alteration to the E17 in the previous post for the upcoming models, would you see a clear reason as to why this wouldn't be possible?  Not necessary EXACTLY as said/follows, the idea being more function I guess over form, but to recap (it seems like more things than it really is because it's just written in detail), this is how I mean it could be:

 

ALL E17 functionality (besides necessity of dock) +... 

1) Physical volume control (my idea was actually to have digital control like on the E17 but with one of those wheels on the front surface that you kinda like turn by rotating it with your thumb; it can be designed slightly concaved inwards as not to be turned in the pocket)

2) Mute button/switch 

3) "Push-to-talk" microphone (with a tiny volume wheel perhaps on the side and two front buttons: one that sums signal with pre-out, and the other with headphone out) 

   -this could obviously also serve as the mic for input through USB in Android, if that were desired as part of the design 

4) Improved battery life (sufficiently enough, because my E17 dies within three hours now) 

5) Improved amp (not necessarily by much, considering the purpose of a design such as this, but still at least a little) 

6) Removed glitch involving occasional freezing (doesn't turn on until reset), relating I think to using USB when plugged out and back in sometimes... 

7) Making the L.O. switch to bulge slightly out rather than concave in, currently requiring a sharp point in order to switch it 

8) Automatic sleep mode/energy conservation state when there's no signal (only worth it if it works seamlessly) 

9) Android functionality/interfacing like on the planned E18 

 

 

I guess it's too late for this on the E18, but certainly with the E19, since it is the peak, it would technically be the last chance for this to be reality.  And just, once again, it really doesn't feel like it's that far from being possible and/or from what already does exist.

 

Thank you very much for the response and the consideration towards the inquiry, sincerely!  As always I'm grateful (and sorry for taking so much of your time). 

 

But then it will cost over $500...not sure if i want one at that price!

post #123 of 1655

I can understand the demand from our customers and thanks for any advice, it help us make great products step but step. but if it is out of our ability, or it is somethings like you have make decision from 2.

 

I hope everyone can understand that we can satisfy everyone. for example, in the issues of volume control, some prefer the analog volume knob, but some prefer the digital volume control key in E17. we can

 

implement the two in one model caz it is too crazy and total  unnecessary.  and sometimes the choose is behind the machine, for example, you will never hope Apple can support so many kind of music format

 

or ask iPhone support extra TF card because it will make a lots of trouble to support maybe over 10,000 different cards and not to talk it make them hard to make a beautiful iPhone when it is full of hole.

 

 

again, I am not trying to refuse advice from our customers, but just share what we thinking in our side so it can help both .

post #124 of 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sko0byDoo View Post

 

But then it will cost over $500...not sure if i want one at that price!

Really?  What out of what I said would make it cost that much more than the base price which can be drawn from the E17, $140?  Of course, that's if we're talking by the amazing standards of FiiO to begin with.  If we are, there's no reason that would cost anything upwards of $200.  The only things which would bring the price up relatively is the whole mic implementation idea, the price for extra buttons (for Android), and the improvement perhaps in quality of the amp & battery.  Why would that be even remotely a $360 difference?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

I can understand the demand from our customers and thanks for any advice, it help us make great products step but step. but if it is out of our ability, or it is somethings like you have make decision from 2.

 

I hope everyone can understand that we can satisfy everyone. for example, in the issues of volume control, some prefer the analog volume knob, but some prefer the digital volume control key in E17. we can

 

implement the two in one model caz it is too crazy and total  unnecessary.  and sometimes the choose is behind the machine, for example, you will never hope Apple can support so many kind of music format

 

or ask iPhone support extra TF card because it will make a lots of trouble to support maybe over 10,000 different cards and not to talk it make them hard to make a beautiful iPhone when it is full of hole.

 

 

again, I am not trying to refuse advice from our customers, but just share what we thinking in our side so it can help both .

Thanks again for responding!  So, I tried to choose my words carefully, but I guess let me try to briefly clarify a few things.  I of course understand the default position of having to make sacrifices in terms of what's possible or having to make decisions between one option and another; I guess in terms of that, I'd just be looking for the specifics as to why, not even necessarily in detail.  I also understand that there are things which are simply impossible to implement in general and/or simply as an all-in-one solution.  In this case, it's a matter of why not the specific things mentioned.  Considering the nature of them and their seemingly direct line of succession to what preceded, it is why I insist on these points.

 

So regarding the volume control, I think most people prefer the analog volume knob actually, and many arguments can be made for it.  In the end, like with everything, it's what serves its function better, more efficiently, and more comfortably; it wins in all except one major point of function (pre-out and memorized last volume level state).  My suggestion was literally meant simply as an idea which would in the end perhaps be more comfortable than the current implementation, then it would also have the feel of analog and the benefits of being digitally controlled.  Of course it would be crazy to implement both; I'm certainly not trying to put you in a difficult spot with even such an implication.  I approach you with these ideas with the understanding which seems to be in play regarding an achievable goal in optimization here. 

 

In terms of the notion that you might flat out be refusing to accept advice from customers; of course not; don't even worry about this.  I don't think that's even remotely thought by anybody, and certainly I personally don't think so.  The point is and furthermore would be exactly as you say: to exchange thoughts for the benefit of both sides.  That is precisely my intention - nothing more, nothing less.  Only, if I'm honest (as is what I try to be despite the potential risks involved), I was and am still hoping for a direct exchange in ideas addressing the specific points which were listed (like how they can perhaps be alternately implemented or what's maybe wrong/impossible with them altogether), as is what the stage seems to currently be set for doing.  I respect and appreciate all the efforts put into this process, truly.  Considering what I've believed about you guys as a company and what you seem to have reaffirmed, it is just difficult to then not wonder why if the goal is such, why these things are seeming not even likely to reach the drawing board.  Most of the ideas are simply things that already exist and can just be merged and the rest seem pretty straight forward enough.  Surely people wouldn't be against these additions/alterations considering that everything else would almost entirely remain in play besides a bit of size maybe. 

 

As always, thank you!


Edited by Typhoon859 - 7/12/13 at 1:15pm
post #125 of 1655

Will the Fiio E18 Android amp+dac see the light of day this year? RMA/TOKYO perhaps.There is talk of some cool new features which I would love to see

post #126 of 1655

Anytime now! *Closely monitoring* biggrin.gif

post #127 of 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

 

Or we choose CS4398, or we choose PCM1794, the ESS9018 is too expensive for E18. ESS9023 is not as good as WM8740.

 

Yes ES9023 is not so good.

 

The new ES9018K2M is less expensive than the ES9018 - http://www.esstech.com/PDF/ES9018-2M%20PB%20Rev%200.8%20130619.pdf

post #128 of 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

we are developing an e18 for android phone, but after samsung released S4, we found there are one interesting thing that our E17 can supported android 4.2 but can't supported 4.1 .

 

at the same time, our E07k can supported 4.1 but not 4.2. I am wondering anyone have the same problem? or known what is the difference between 4.2 and 4.1 in the usb driver

 

in the phone.

I think fiio development team should have turn to some android Rom developer to understand the issue. i would have suggest Timer @ RootsWiki, he make a rom and kernel for Nexus 7 that practically work with any kind of portable USB DACs in the market. 

post #129 of 1655

Is the E18 for all android devices? I plan on getting the new Nexus 7 soon...

post #130 of 1655

One day till aug.  Is this out yet?   I cant wait to get one to use it with my S4.  I hope it works on the new asus transformer prime infinity also.   

post #131 of 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

I can understand the demand from our customers and thanks for any advice, it help us make great products step but step. but if it is out of our ability, or it is somethings like you have make decision from 2.

 

I hope everyone can understand that we can satisfy everyone. for example, in the issues of volume control, some prefer the analog volume knob, but some prefer the digital volume control key in E17. we can

 

implement the two in one model caz it is too crazy and total  unnecessary.  and sometimes the choose is behind the machine, for example, you will never hope Apple can support so many kind of music format

 

or ask iPhone support extra TF card because it will make a lots of trouble to support maybe over 10,000 different cards and not to talk it make them hard to make a beautiful iPhone when it is full of hole.

 

 

again, I am not trying to refuse advice from our customers, but just share what we thinking in our side so it can help both .

James...do you guys have an ETA for this thing to hit the market? 

post #132 of 1655

Any chance of a optical or coxial out from E18?

post #133 of 1655

Looks like test run in September:

 

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO/posts/564392536951617

post #134 of 1655
damn cant wait for this
post #135 of 1655

I like how it looks, but they really need to put ES9018-2M in it or I'm not interested.  That chip sounds so much cleaner than Woofson.

 

It costs $12, what's an extra $12 for us?  Nothing.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps