or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fiio E18 - Page 74

post #1096 of 2231
Quote:
Originally Posted by xp9433 View Post
 

kayza

I have Notes 3 and E18. Currently using Neutron player. Do any of the other players you mention better the Neutron for sound quality?

Thanks

Frank

I dont understand exactly what you are asking. Are you asking which of my DACs that I use sounds best (imo) while using Neutron as the music playing app? If that is the question, I can't answer it, as I do not actively use neutron for playback, just to tets compatibility to chime in to help others.

 

I have a Google Play Music All Access subscription and an unlimited verizon 4G data plan, so I stream 320k mp3 music without regard for data usage. This gets 90% of my playback time when using my phone. The other 10% of the time, I will be playing back FLAC files of various bit/sampling rates stored on my 64GB microSD card, and I use USB Audio Player Pro for that (to ensure the sampling rate is matched, since the Note 3's default USB audio driver plays back at either 48k or 96k, regardless of whether the DAC supports 44.1 and 88.2 as well).

 

Sorry that I can't help.

post #1097 of 2231
Edit: using Flac files too - mostly 16/44 + a few 24/96...

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk
post #1098 of 2231
Quote:
Originally Posted by xp9433 View Post
 

kayza

I have Notes 3 and E18. Currently using Neutron player. Do any of the other players you mention better the Neutron for sound quality?

Thanks

Frank

 

Slightly off-topic, but over the last few weeks I have repeatedly seen the reference to the Neutron player for Android, and since my devices are all Android-based, today I finally decided to try it out.  Man, it "is" a very nice piece of software!

 

Thank you and the many others who suggested using Neutron :D

post #1099 of 2231
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayza View Post
 

I dont understand exactly what you are asking. Are you asking which of my DACs that I use sounds best (imo) while using Neutron as the music playing app? If that is the question, I can't answer it, as I do not actively use neutron for playback, just to tets compatibility to chime in to help others.

 

I have a Google Play Music All Access subscription and an unlimited verizon 4G data plan, so I stream 320k mp3 music without regard for data usage. This gets 90% of my playback time when using my phone. The other 10% of the time, I will be playing back FLAC files of various bit/sampling rates stored on my 64GB microSD card, and I use USB Audio Player Pro for that (to ensure the sampling rate is matched, since the Note 3's default USB audio driver plays back at either 48k or 96k, regardless of whether the DAC supports 44.1 and 88.2 as well).

 

Sorry that I can't help.

kayza

Apologies for not being clear. I'll try again.

Firstly, In your experience, what music player loaded on the Galaxy Note 3 reproduces best SQ through E18 for 44.1Khz files? Only interested in SQ, not user interface. By the way, I only have 44.1 wav files on my 64GB microSD Note 3 card.

 

Secondly, You saying that the USB Audio Player Pro will play back at 44.1 without resampling (via the E18), but this is not possible through the Neutron software? Thanks, I hadn't realised that!

I'll download USB Audio Player Pro and try it out.

 

Thanks again

Frank

post #1100 of 2231
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayza View Post
 

I dont understand exactly what you are asking. Are you asking which of my DACs that I use sounds best (imo) while using Neutron as the music playing app? If that is the question, I can't answer it, as I do not actively use neutron for playback, just to tets compatibility to chime in to help others.

 

I have a Google Play Music All Access subscription and an unlimited verizon 4G data plan, so I stream 320k mp3 music without regard for data usage. This gets 90% of my playback time when using my phone. The other 10% of the time, I will be playing back FLAC files of various bit/sampling rates stored on my 64GB microSD card, and I use USB Audio Player Pro for that (to ensure the sampling rate is matched, since the Note 3's default USB audio driver plays back at either 48k or 96k, regardless of whether the DAC supports 44.1 and 88.2 as well).

 

Sorry that I can't help.

I also have "Google Play Music All Access." How do you like it?

post #1101 of 2231
I love being able to blend my own music in with new interests. The explore tab is nice for, well, exploring. The local caching on android phones is great. I use my phone as my head unit in my car now due to Google music. Note 3->HRT microstreamer->Jbl MS8.
I believe if you are into shared/public play lists that perhaps Spotify is more popular for that. But I do my own thing, and rarely can't find music from a new artist I'm looking for. Even newer uncommon alt rock bands who only have an ep or single out prior to their debut album.
post #1102 of 2231
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayza View Post

I love being able to blend my own music in with new interests. The explore tab is nice for, well, exploring. The local caching on android phones is great. I use my phone as my head unit in my car now due to Google music. Note 3->HRT microstreamer->Jbl MS8.
I believe if you are into shared/public play lists that perhaps Spotify is more popular for that. But I do my own thing, and rarely can't find music from a new artist I'm looking for. Even newer uncommon alt rock bands who only have an ep or single out prior to their debut album.

I like to find my own stuff, make my own playlists and listen plenty. I put a 32 GB MicroSD card in my GS3 and set the local caching to work on it. In my car use the bluetooth connection between GS3 and the car's audio system. It also works from your PC or Laptop with the same Playlists automagically in synch on every device. I use the FiiO E 18 with the GS3 and my All Access (cached) when commuting, a life saver.

post #1103 of 2231

zikarus, if i'm understanding your correctly you find the sound quality exactly the same between USB Audio Pro Player and Neutron?  I never tried Neutron but I have UAPP because my Samsung S3 is limited to 16bit files so I use UAPP to play 24bit.  I want to know what is the best sound quality app so feel free to share your thoughts anyone.

post #1104 of 2231

What do you think about using Fiio E18 with the upcoming digiZoid ZO3? I'm thinking that ZO3 would be a good hardware equalizer with it's bass and treble boost. The bass boost on E18 dosn't work quite well in my opinion - it leads to distortions. And it may help with IEM's that aren't good match with E18 (in my case Musical Fidelity EB50).


Edited by awayeah - 2/13/14 at 6:22am
post #1105 of 2231
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdub View Post
 

zikarus, if i'm understanding your correctly you find the sound quality exactly the same between USB Audio Pro Player and Neutron?  I never tried Neutron but I have UAPP because my Samsung S3 is limited to 16bit files so I use UAPP to play 24bit.  I want to know what is the best sound quality app so feel free to share your thoughts anyone.

Unless you use a digital volume control it is most likely that you will not hear a difference between 16 and 24 bit, unless you really want to. I turn up the volume on my S3 all the way and use the volume pot on the E18.

post #1106 of 2231
Quote:
Originally Posted by awayeah View Post
 

What to you think about using Fiio E18 with the upcoming digiZoid ZO3? I'm thinking that ZO3 would be a good hardware equalizer with it's bass and treble boost. The bass boost on E18 dosn't work quite well in my opinion - it leads to distortions. And it may help with IEM's that aren't good match with E18 (in my case Musical Fidelity EB50).

I wonder how you are getting distortion using the bass boost on your E18. You'd have to be listening at incredibly loud levels that are not good for you, or else something is wrong in the chain.

post #1107 of 2231

I think those IEM's are very odd, very source dependent - they actually sounds better straight from my HTC One or Sansa Clip than from E18. I've tried all of my other IEMs (Klipsch X10i, Sony XBA-H3, Monster Gratitude, Sony MH1C, NuForce NE700, Phonak Audeo PFE112) and they all sounds great with E18 bass boost on/off.

But that besides the point - I'm just wondering how this setup would work (E18 + ZO3). I don't like to use software equalizers and ZO3 sounds like a great device to alter the sound of E18. I don't know how the double amping would work in this case but I believe that E18 even with hiss prone IEM's will be noise/hiss-free.

Oh and I've been listening to all my IEMs with volume level between 3,2 - 4,0 (max is 9 or 10 as I remember) - on low gain. It's pretty loud but not extremely I think.


Edited by awayeah - 2/13/14 at 6:28am
post #1108 of 2231
Quote:
Originally Posted by awayeah View Post
 

I think those IEM's are very odd, very source dependent - they actually sounds better straight from my HTC One or Sansa Clip than from E18. I've tried all of my other IEMs (Klipsch X10i, Sony XBA-H3, Monster Gratitude, Sony MH1C, NuForce NE700, Phonak Audeo PFE112) and they all sounds great with E18 bass boost on/off.

But that besides the point - I'm just wondering how this setup would work (E18 + ZO3). I don't like to use software equalizers and ZO3 sounds like a great device to alter the sound of E18. I don't know how the double amping would work in this case but I believe that E18 even with hiss prone IEM's will be noise/hiss-free.

Oh and I've been listening to all my IEMs with volume level between 3,2 - 4,0 (max is 9 or 10 as I remember) - on low gain. It's pretty loud but not extremely I think.

It could be that you're overdriving the IEM's and they are distorting not the E18.

I've taken the E18 line out to an E12 Amp when driving my HE-500's which require more power than the typical portable amp or OTL Tube amp.

I've also taken the E18 Coax SPDIF out and put that into another DAC, using the E18 to perform a USB to SPDIF conversion, bypassing the E18's DAC and Amp.

This is a versatile device. The SQ is very good, yet some of the snobs knock it because it's not expensive enough.:D 

post #1109 of 2231

Ok. Apparently I shouldn't have mentioned my issues with one IEM and the bass boost:D Anyway I just want to know if anyone have both E18 and for example ZO2.3 to see how they play together...

I love the SQ of E18 and it's great without any alterations with most IEMs (I don't currently own any full size headphones to check them out). Anyway I was thinking of ways to make the E18 more fun-sounding and experiment a bit with my collection of IEMs. I think that ZO3 (when it'll become available) is the way to do it.

post #1110 of 2231

Guys, what settings do you use for Neutron player? I have tried it, and I cannot tell a difference between it and stock Note 3 Samsung music player with my IE80. The best thing for me Viper4 Audio mod. It's amazing compare to the stock music effect. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps