New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fiio E18 - Page 73

post #1081 of 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by akash neagi View Post
 

I get that but does it have a line out to use with another amp????
I found a thread where it said that the line out of the fiio has a low volume but i done see any line out options in the website....

From what I get does the analog 3,5mm input act as a line out as well???

Not only does it have a line out, it has a coax SPDIF out which you can plug into another DAC, which I tried and it works. I've also taken the line out to a Schiit Val and Asgard 2, both of which work well with it.

post #1082 of 1655

Thanks guys that's exactly what I wanted to know...

I'll be ordering it soon...
But jo so that I know is there a switch which activates the line out or do you just plug it into the 3.5mm line in port or headphone port???
I can't seem to find to find any information on fiio's website about it all I see is a FR graph for the line out which confused me even more...

Plus another question, does the bass boost work with the line out????

post #1083 of 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by akash neagi View Post

 

But jo so that I know is there a switch which activates the line out or do you just plug it into the 3.5mm line in port or headphone port???
I can't seem to find to find any information on fiio's website about it all I see is a FR graph for the line out which confused me even more...

Plus another question, does the bass boost work with the line out????

 

Once there's a digital input the line-in socket works as a line-out - no need to set any switches.

 

Bass boost doesn't work with line-out.

post #1084 of 1655

Thank you!!!

I'll order one asap...

post #1085 of 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peridot View Post
 

 

Once there's a digital input the line-in socket works as a line-out - no need to set any switches.

 

Bass boost doesn't work with line-out.

Also the line out and headphone out work simultaneously, where the bass boost only affects the headphone out. If I remember correctly the SDIF out also works simultaneous without bass boost, easily understood since that bypasses the internal DAC and Amp.

post #1086 of 1655

Recently bought one of these, and I'm noticing a bit of white noise when using it as an amp (PC -> music streamer II+ -> E18, most noticeable on my DX1000 and iems, not as obvious on HD800s). Don't have this problem using the exact same cables and setup for E11 and D-zero.

 

Hopefully it'll fix itself after some burning in~

post #1087 of 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzuAzu View Post
 

Recently bought one of these, and I'm noticing a bit of white noise when using it as an amp (PC -> music streamer II+ -> E18, most noticeable on my DX1000 and iems, not as obvious on HD800s). Don't have this problem using the exact same cables and setup for E11 and D-zero.

 

Hopefully it'll fix itself after some burning in~

Did you set the E18 to low gain?

post #1088 of 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by akash neagi View Post
 

Just wanted to get something straight...
You can use the e18 as a DAC only for android phones right???
If so could someone tell me how???
I wanted to get a DAC for my Note 3 to use with the fiio e12DIY...

Hello.

I have a USA Note 3 Verizon, SM-N900V. I use this with the following DACs: FiiO E7, E10, E18, HRT microStreamer. All of these DACs work perfectly with all elements of audio out of the Note 3. This includes various music apps like the stock app, as well as Google Play Music, Poweramp, Neutron, and also USB Audio Player Pro.

I also have a FiiO E12 amp, and often times hook the HRT microstreamer to the E12, or will have the line out of the E18 to the E12. The E18 has two 3.5mm output plugs on the top of it (the top is the end with the volume dial on it): the center plug is headphone out, and the one off to the side is the line out (also functions as a line in if you want to use the E18 as an analog amp. this feature is automatic based on whether the USB DAC is in use or not).

 

Above is a picture of the FiiO E18 running off my Note 3, and powering my HD700 directly.

 

This next picture, above, is the E18 running off my Note 3, and then I utilized the line in/out port on the E18 to send the signal out to my E12, which is then amplifying the signal to the HD700s, as shown.

 

I hope this helps.


Edited by kayza - 2/11/14 at 9:30pm
post #1089 of 1655

You can also use the E18 to pass digital audio from the Phone's USB out to another DAC or device's SPDIF Coax in. The E18 has a Coax SPDIF out. Very versatile.

post #1090 of 1655
delete
Edited by kayza - 2/11/14 at 9:25pm
post #1091 of 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayza View Post
 

Hello.

I have a USA Note 3 Verizon, SM-N900V. I use this with the following DACs: FiiO E7, E10, E18, HRT microStreamer. All of these DACs work perfectly with all elements of audio out of the Note 3. This includes various music apps like the stock app, as well as Google Play Music, Poweramp, Neutron, and also USB Audio Player Pro.

I also have a FiiO E12 amp, and often times hook the HRT microstreamer to the E12, or will have the line out of the E18 to the E12. The E18 has two 3.5mm output plugs on the top of it (the top is the end with the volume dial on it): the center plug is headphone out, and the one off to the side is the line out (also functions as a line in if you want to use the E18 as an analog amp. this feature is automatic based on whether the USB DAC is in use or not).

 

Above is a picture of the FiiO E18 running off my Note 3, and powering my HD700 directly.

 

This next picture, above, is the E18 running off my Note 3, and then I utilized the line in/out port on the E18 to send the signal out to my E12, which is then amplifying the signal to the HD700s, as shown.

 

I hope this helps.

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is exactly what I wanted......
Obviously you know what headphone you own:tongue_smile: but from the pictures the HD700 look a lot like the HD800...
Thanks man....
:beerchug:

post #1092 of 1655

Just got my Fiio E18 today. I bought the E07K at first a few days ago but the warm and laid back sound signature was just not to my liking. I much prefer a more transparent, balanced and slight forward sound.  Anyways i'm glad the E18 is working out.  I do have one negative about the E18 so far though.  With the E07K and most portable AMP/DAC units, they use a mini usb slot.  The E18 is micro usb for some reason?  I have this really nice right angle micro usb to right angle mini usb (like the one that comes included with the Cypher Labs Theorem 720) that I can no longer use with the E18.  I don't even know if a right angle option is available for micro usb to micro usb.  If someone knows where I can get one please reply.  

 

I'm also using it with bass OFF as i like my music more transparent and neutral.  What is everyone setting theirs to?

post #1093 of 1655

Added the C&C BH2 as an amp to the E18 DAC;

 

Galaxy S4 OTG USB >> E18 USB DAC input >> E18 Line out >> C&C BH2 Line in >> C&C BH2 earphones out >> Shure SE846
using silver plated cables for audio interconnect and earphones cable.

 

Running Viper4Android (V4A) equalizer on the S4 (still searching for the best settings); C&C BH2 all settings are high.

The C&C BH2 adds a lot of warmth to the E18 while not affecting the soundsatage.

 

The results are really good!!!

 

The overall rig does not score portability wise, as the produced sound quality, but I mainly use it at home.

 

To me the overall price/performance factor is the best.


Edited by zolom - 2/12/14 at 1:23am
post #1094 of 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayza View Post
 

Hello.

I have a USA Note 3 Verizon, SM-N900V. I use this with the following DACs: FiiO E7, E10, E18, HRT microStreamer. All of these DACs work perfectly with all elements of audio out of the Note 3. This includes various music apps like the stock app, as well as Google Play Music, Poweramp, Neutron, and also USB Audio Player Pro.

kayza

I have Notes 3 and E18. Currently using Neutron player. Do any of the other players you mention better the Neutron for sound quality?

Thanks

Frank

post #1095 of 1655
Using a phone without an amp Neutron delivers the best sound to my ears.

Using my Note 3 with the E18 Neutron seems to be the best solution too. First I thought the USB Audio Pro Player might be even better. But after a few comparisons the advantage of the latter turned out to be some kind of placebo imo, since the USB Player always starts at the maximum (software/phone device) volume level. As soon as Neutrons output level is turned up to max too, their is no perceivable difference/advantage of one of these two players over the other to my ears anymore.

But Neutrons interface is much better than the one of the very basic USB Pro, which lacks the display of cover images completely and does not work with the E18s hardware buttons. I will therefore stick with Neutron.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps