or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fiio E18 - Page 71

post #1051 of 2231

I will certainly write an impression.

Anyway, the rumor is that only Note3 with samsung kitkat may restrict 3rd parties' accessories (I know about the flip case, but haven't heard about USB OTG voice/video)

post #1052 of 2231

U have offical kitkat on your S4? I own S4 but don't receive upgrade yet :(

post #1053 of 2231

I have Omega Rom 4.4.2 with stock Samsung Kernel  on my I9505 see:  http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2253528

post #1054 of 2231

Reporting that it works flawlessly with my iPhone and iPad.

 

But, I get a high-pitched noise from it (both when music is played and when nothing is played), even from my PC. I can learn to live with it, it's not that big of a deal, but I'm just wanting to make sure that I'm not carrying around a possible grenade or atomic bomb in my pants... I mean, it's just noise, not a sign that it will die soon, right?

post #1055 of 2231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post
 

Reporting that it works flawlessly with my iPhone and iPad.

 

But, I get a high-pitched noise from it (both when music is played and when nothing is played), even from my PC. I can learn to live with it, it's not that big of a deal, but I'm just wanting to make sure that I'm not carrying around a possible grenade or atomic bomb in my pants... I mean, it's just noise, not a sign that it will die soon, right?

You shouldn't be getting a high pitch from it. Perhaps you should make use of the warranty.

post #1056 of 2231
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

You shouldn't be getting a high pitch from it. Perhaps you should make use of the warranty.

I've thought of that as well, but I wanted to see if it's a known issue and if so, if it's dangerous to my headphones before deciding to change mode from "Lazy" to "Good and responsible headphone owner". It's kind of like tinnitus sounding high pitched "beep", and it's not loud at all. After some amateur testing it's only there when the bass boost is on, not when it's off. Also, when it's on, it doesn't get louder if I increase the volume, but stays static.


Edited by Coq de Combat - 2/5/14 at 6:49am
post #1057 of 2231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post
 

I've thought of that as well, but I wanted to see if it's a known issue and if so, if it's dangerous to my headphones before deciding to change mode from "Lazy" to "Good and responsible headphone owner". It's kind of like tinnitus sounding high pitched "beep", and it's not loud at all. After some amateur testing it's only there when the bass boost is on, not when it's off. Also, when it's on, it doesn't get louder if I increase the volume, but stays static.

You shouldn't have problems with the product and deserve one that functions correctly. Why should you put up with this, ask for a replacement or a proper repair.

post #1058 of 2231
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

You shouldn't have problems with the product and deserve one that functions correctly. Why should you put up with this, ask for a replacement or a proper repair.

Yeah, I'll throw an email to the importing company in question to see how they'd handle it. 

post #1059 of 2231
Quote:
Originally Posted by zolom View Post
 

Hope to get my FiiO E18 today; to couple with my Shure SE846 and my Galaxy S4 (kitkat).

 

BTW. did anyone try the E18 DAC togetehr with the C&C BH2 (or BH)?

 

Thanks

 

I don't know if you've already received your E18 and perhaps already tried it with a C&C BH2 that you already own, but anyway, I tried my E18 with my BH2 and the combo works quite well. My ears are not very sensitive to high fidelity, and I must admit it's sometimes hard for me to discern the improvement in sound quality between the E18 alone or the BH2 alone compared to using no external DAC or amp; however, the improvement in sound quality using the E18 and BH2 together is just barely enough that I can definitely discern an improvement in sound quality over plugging my headphones straight into my MacBook Pro. The two most apparent changes I can discern are the stronger bass (likely due in no small part to the E18's bass boost function) and a more spacious soundstage (probably more thanks to the BH2 rather than the E18). So if you already own a BH2, they'll play together quite nicely. However, I've just recently purchased both new, and as the difference in sound improvement is so subtle, I think I'm actually going to be returning both, as, for my purposes, neither are worth the $106/$160, and the two combined definitely aren't worth the $266 for me. It's a shame, because I feel like I lucked out with my E18 working 100% flawlessly with my T-Mobile HTC One, but I suppose I'll save money in the long-run by not being a meticulously discerning audiophile. :)

post #1060 of 2231
Quote:
Originally Posted by nway View Post
 

 

I don't know if you've already received your E18 and perhaps already tried it with a C&C BH2 that you already own, but anyway, I tried my E18 with my BH2 and the combo works quite well. My ears are not very sensitive to high fidelity, and I must admit it's sometimes hard for me to discern the improvement in sound quality between the E18 alone or the BH2 alone compared to using no external DAC or amp; however, the improvement in sound quality using the E18 and BH2 together is just barely enough that I can definitely discern an improvement in sound quality over plugging my headphones straight into my MacBook Pro. The two most apparent changes I can discern are the stronger bass (likely due in no small part to the E18's bass boost function) and a more spacious soundstage (probably more thanks to the BH2 rather than the E18). So if you already own a BH2, they'll play together quite nicely. However, I've just recently purchased both new, and as the difference in sound improvement is so subtle, I think I'm actually going to be returning both, as, for my purposes, neither are worth the $106/$160, and the two combined definitely aren't worth the $266 for me. It's a shame, because I feel like I lucked out with my E18 working 100% flawlessly with my T-Mobile HTC One, but I suppose I'll save money in the long-run by not being a meticulously discerning audiophile. :)

hahaha +1

post #1061 of 2231

Thanks

nevertheless, I still hope that the E18 DAC will contribute to the sound quality of my S4.

post #1062 of 2231
Quote:
Originally Posted by zolom View Post
 

Thanks

nevertheless, I still hope that the E18 DAC will contribute to the sound quality of my S4.

It certainly did for my S3.

post #1063 of 2231
Quote:
Originally Posted by nway View Post
 

It's a shame, because I feel like I lucked out with my E18 working 100% flawlessly with my T-Mobile HTC One, but I suppose I'll save money in the long-run by not being a meticulously discerning audiophile. :)

 

The real shame is other Android manufacturers not putting dedicated headphone amps in them like HTC did with the One.  I really miss that about the One when I switched to the Nexus 5.  So it's not really a shame at all...you just picked the right phone!

post #1064 of 2231

Got my E18 and connected it to my S4 (i9505 kitkat) OTG usb.

E18 was recognized immediatly by the S4.

Sound quality is noticabely enhanced. Bass is realy nice.

Music forward and backward as well as play & stop is controlled via the E18 keys.

post #1065 of 2231
Quote:
Originally Posted by zolom View Post

Got my E18 and connected it to my S4 (i9505 kitkat) OTG usb.
E18 was recognized immediatly by the S4.
Sound quality is noticabely enhanced. Bass is realy nice.
Music forward and backward as well as play & stop is controlled via the E18 keys.
Damn I can't wait for mine... hopefully it will work even if I update my note 3 to kitkat...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps