I am a avid music lover and shared this passion with my late uncle who was an extreme audiophile. I was the niece who could hear adjustments in his system and I think he appreciated that. I am ever so grateful to him for leaving me his masterpiece. I am working on self educating myself while to try to recreate his sound system invention that I recently inherited. I am a civil engineer think I have potential to learn and figure it out but I know almost nothing about audio systems. I have not met anyone local who can advise so I created an account to seek help from you. By the way, I have zero intention in selling the equipment. So... here it goes... pardon me for silly questions as I am a virgin in this sense:
Not hooked up to the system I found:
(1) STAX driver unit for earspeaker SRM 1/ MK 2 but there is no power cord.
In a brown crumpled up grocery bag with dust:
(1) STAX headphone (boxy type) with normal plug
(1) STAX headphone (boxy typle) with professional plug
(1) STAX headphone SRM 5 with slightly bent normal plug
Here are my questions:
1. What kind of power plug should I use? The back of the box says "AC 100V 117 V 50-60 Hz 33 W". Do I need a special cord specifically for STAX or just a cord that meets a portion of these specs?
2. Where might one find said cord?
3. What is the difference between the normal vs professional plug?
4. Is it reasonable to try to bend the bent prongs?
5. Is this web page a good forum for general audio questions related to turntables, amps, etc.?
Thanks to you for your advice.