- productAudio-Technica ATH-CKS77BK Solid Bass In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- productAudéo Perfect Fit Earphones 112 (Black)tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productAudéo Perfect Fit Earphones with Microphone 122 (Black)tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones (Cobalt)tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/19/12More
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 9/19/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/19/12
- productKicker EB 141 Advanced In-Ear Monitors (Black)tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productPhonak PFE 012tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productXears TD4tagged by System, 9/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Yet another "best IEM for ~€120 ($150)" thread Last post on 11/2/12 at 5:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/13 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon EQ5 , Ety HF5 or Brainwavz B2? Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs like AKG 70x? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommend me Neutral IEMs under 130 $ Last post on 10/15/11 at 10:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Ety's vs. Fischer? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
After doing some research on what the people in here say, ive changed my options. Now it is between:
-sunrise Xcape IE
-Ety HF5 (er4s appear to have too little bass)
The PFE111 may also be a good choice. I would recommend it alongside the Ety HF5. I found the HF5 a little colder in comparison to the PFE (which has a slight warmth to it and a sound that can be listened to for a bit longer without fatigue)
With grey filters? The PFEs do have a bit more warmth due to more bass, but it's treble is more offensive in the midhighs IME, the HF5s are pretty smooth.
I find the ER-4S has less audible bass than the HF5 and the ER-4PT because of the higher impedance. For accurate presentation for an IEM, I find it foolish to overlook the ER-4, especially the ER-4S. I listen to hip-hop and bass focused songs on my ER-4S fine... And if you're actually doing mixing, audio related work, wouldn't it be better to have the most neutral sound possible for the sake of the work? Think, if you use a bassy IEM for your work, others who listen to it with different setups are going to be hearing different things from what you recorded..? It's hard to explain because I can't emphasize as neutral recordings as possible. The file HAS to be somewhat neutral IMO, and the EQ, Amp, and IEM/Headphone should be what actually changes the sonic presentation.
Honestly, if his budget can accommodate an er4s, then that is what he should look at getting, but if he wants to stay a little lower, the HF5 would be a good option. And if there is any noticeable hiss, you can always get a impedance adaptor for around $10-$20 on ebay. You can get them in varying impedances too, if that is something that might interest you.
- Ety's vs. Fischer?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › WIN Sennheiser HD 800 and a year worth of HDtracks downloads! 39 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › Sony announces the "Just ear" brand of custom IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 2 minutes ago
- › Passive Speaker/Amp Questions 3 minutes ago
- › DAP Recommendation 3 minutes ago
- › SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page FW download & general... 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)