- productAudio-Technica ATH-CKS77BK Solid Bass In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- productAudéo Perfect Fit Earphones 112 (Black)tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productAudéo Perfect Fit Earphones with Microphone 122 (Black)tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones (Cobalt)tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/19/12More
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 9/19/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/19/12
- productKicker EB 141 Advanced In-Ear Monitors (Black)tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productPhonak PFE 012tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productXears TD4tagged by System, 9/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Yet another "best IEM for ~€120 ($150)" thread Last post on 11/2/12 at 5:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/13 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon EQ5 , Ety HF5 or Brainwavz B2? Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs like AKG 70x? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommend me Neutral IEMs under 130 $ Last post on 10/15/11 at 10:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok before...
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
When MEE was describing their new iems to me this is what they said: "... these earphones heavily emphasize comfort and appearance, they have nicely balanced sound that is less bassy compared to...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Ety's vs. Fischer? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
After doing some research on what the people in here say, ive changed my options. Now it is between:
-sunrise Xcape IE
-Ety HF5 (er4s appear to have too little bass)
The PFE111 may also be a good choice. I would recommend it alongside the Ety HF5. I found the HF5 a little colder in comparison to the PFE (which has a slight warmth to it and a sound that can be listened to for a bit longer without fatigue)
With grey filters? The PFEs do have a bit more warmth due to more bass, but it's treble is more offensive in the midhighs IME, the HF5s are pretty smooth.
I find the ER-4S has less audible bass than the HF5 and the ER-4PT because of the higher impedance. For accurate presentation for an IEM, I find it foolish to overlook the ER-4, especially the ER-4S. I listen to hip-hop and bass focused songs on my ER-4S fine... And if you're actually doing mixing, audio related work, wouldn't it be better to have the most neutral sound possible for the sake of the work? Think, if you use a bassy IEM for your work, others who listen to it with different setups are going to be hearing different things from what you recorded..? It's hard to explain because I can't emphasize as neutral recordings as possible. The file HAS to be somewhat neutral IMO, and the EQ, Amp, and IEM/Headphone should be what actually changes the sonic presentation.
Honestly, if his budget can accommodate an er4s, then that is what he should look at getting, but if he wants to stay a little lower, the HF5 would be a good option. And if there is any noticeable hiss, you can always get a impedance adaptor for around $10-$20 on ebay. You can get them in varying impedances too, if that is something that might interest you.
- Ety's vs. Fischer?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 10 seconds ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 39 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Official Metro Detroit 2014 Meet/Party/Get-Together 9/20/2014... 2 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones under $500 7 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 vs Audio-Technica ATH-M50x 7 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 8 minutes ago
- › USED: Lawton Modded Denon D5000, Perfect Sound Dido D901s, Spider,... 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 *Like New* 10 minutes ago
- › Dt990pro 250 are there any phones really better 11 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)