- productAudio-Technica ATH-CKS77BK Solid Bass In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- productAudéo Perfect Fit Earphones 112 (Black)tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productAudéo Perfect Fit Earphones with Microphone 122 (Black)tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/19/12More
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 9/19/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/19/12
- productKicker EB 141 Advanced In-Ear Monitors (Black)tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productPhonak PFE 012tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productXears TD4tagged by System, 9/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Yet another "best IEM for ~€120 ($150)" thread Last post on 11/2/12 at 5:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/14 at 8:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon EQ5 , Ety HF5 or Brainwavz B2? Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Request: Best Analytical IEM sub-$100 Last post on 10/1/12 at 3:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom Molds: Can I use on multiple headphones? Last post on 9/18/12 at 12:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction:The newest member of Noble Audio’s line of IEMs, the Savant, has taken Head-Fi by storm and has caught the attention of many eager Head-Fier – myself included. Noble’s reputation for...
These headphones will let you know if your source is good or not. I won't repeat much of the pros and cons of this headphone that hasn't already been said. These are really comfortable for...
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Ety's vs. Fischer? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
After doing some research on what the people in here say, ive changed my options. Now it is between:
-sunrise Xcape IE
-Ety HF5 (er4s appear to have too little bass)
The PFE111 may also be a good choice. I would recommend it alongside the Ety HF5. I found the HF5 a little colder in comparison to the PFE (which has a slight warmth to it and a sound that can be listened to for a bit longer without fatigue)
With grey filters? The PFEs do have a bit more warmth due to more bass, but it's treble is more offensive in the midhighs IME, the HF5s are pretty smooth.
I find the ER-4S has less audible bass than the HF5 and the ER-4PT because of the higher impedance. For accurate presentation for an IEM, I find it foolish to overlook the ER-4, especially the ER-4S. I listen to hip-hop and bass focused songs on my ER-4S fine... And if you're actually doing mixing, audio related work, wouldn't it be better to have the most neutral sound possible for the sake of the work? Think, if you use a bassy IEM for your work, others who listen to it with different setups are going to be hearing different things from what you recorded..? It's hard to explain because I can't emphasize as neutral recordings as possible. The file HAS to be somewhat neutral IMO, and the EQ, Amp, and IEM/Headphone should be what actually changes the sonic presentation.
Honestly, if his budget can accommodate an er4s, then that is what he should look at getting, but if he wants to stay a little lower, the HF5 would be a good option. And if there is any noticeable hiss, you can always get a impedance adaptor for around $10-$20 on ebay. You can get them in varying impedances too, if that is something that might interest you.
- Ety's vs. Fischer?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Seattle Summer Redhook Meet 7/25/2015 1 minute ago
- › Comparing DACs objectively 1 minute ago
- › Help planning my first sitting room hi-fi setup 1 minute ago
- › iDAC2 launching with a bang! Competition with MEGA goodies. Gotta... 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping Now (in China) 3 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD-2 5 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 7 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by Cotnijoe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by snellemin
- › Don Scorpio sMushroom HD Bluetooth iem by Baycode
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)