- productAudio-Technica ATH-CKS77BK Solid Bass In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- productAudéo Perfect Fit Earphones 112 (Black)tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productAudéo Perfect Fit Earphones with Microphone 122 (Black)tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones (Cobalt)tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/19/12More
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 9/19/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/19/12
- productKicker EB 141 Advanced In-Ear Monitors (Black)tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productPhonak PFE 012tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productXears TD4tagged by System, 9/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Yet another "best IEM for ~€120 ($150)" thread Last post on 11/2/12 at 5:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/14 at 8:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon EQ5 , Ety HF5 or Brainwavz B2? Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs like AKG 70x? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommend me Neutral IEMs under 130 $ Last post on 10/15/11 at 10:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I managed to try this MDR-Ma900 against others in the same shop. The comfort and ergonomics of this Sony are very good. Initially, I was pleasantly surprised how nice it sounded. But...
I tried this twice with different devices. It sounds pretty good with big bass sounds and probably suit a lot of youngsters today. Many very young people that I know prefer Beats or something...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
First of all the reason I rate the SE215 5/5* is primarily because of the value it presents under the $100 mark. You will be extremely hard pressed to find a pair of IEMs at this price considering...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Ety's vs. Fischer? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
After doing some research on what the people in here say, ive changed my options. Now it is between:
-sunrise Xcape IE
-Ety HF5 (er4s appear to have too little bass)
The PFE111 may also be a good choice. I would recommend it alongside the Ety HF5. I found the HF5 a little colder in comparison to the PFE (which has a slight warmth to it and a sound that can be listened to for a bit longer without fatigue)
With grey filters? The PFEs do have a bit more warmth due to more bass, but it's treble is more offensive in the midhighs IME, the HF5s are pretty smooth.
I find the ER-4S has less audible bass than the HF5 and the ER-4PT because of the higher impedance. For accurate presentation for an IEM, I find it foolish to overlook the ER-4, especially the ER-4S. I listen to hip-hop and bass focused songs on my ER-4S fine... And if you're actually doing mixing, audio related work, wouldn't it be better to have the most neutral sound possible for the sake of the work? Think, if you use a bassy IEM for your work, others who listen to it with different setups are going to be hearing different things from what you recorded..? It's hard to explain because I can't emphasize as neutral recordings as possible. The file HAS to be somewhat neutral IMO, and the EQ, Amp, and IEM/Headphone should be what actually changes the sonic presentation.
Honestly, if his budget can accommodate an er4s, then that is what he should look at getting, but if he wants to stay a little lower, the HF5 would be a good option. And if there is any noticeable hiss, you can always get a impedance adaptor for around $10-$20 on ebay. You can get them in varying impedances too, if that is something that might interest you.
- Ety's vs. Fischer?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Appreciation & Impressions Thread 50 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 50 seconds ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 3 minutes ago
- › California Headphones Silverado impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Onkyo HA-300 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › New Audeze "Prototype-Z"! 7 minutes ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 7 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears balanced cable 9 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 11 minutes ago
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3