- productAudio-Technica ATH-CKS77BK Solid Bass In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- productAudéo Perfect Fit Earphones 112 (Black)tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productAudéo Perfect Fit Earphones with Microphone 122 (Black)tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/19/12More
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 9/19/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/19/12
- productKicker EB 141 Advanced In-Ear Monitors (Black)tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productPhonak PFE 012tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productXears TD4tagged by System, 9/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Yet another "best IEM for ~€120 ($150)" thread Last post on 11/2/12 at 5:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ortofon EQ5 , Ety HF5 or Brainwavz B2? Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Request: Best Analytical IEM sub-$100 Last post on 10/1/12 at 3:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom Molds: Can I use on multiple headphones? Last post on 9/18/12 at 12:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
Ety's vs. Fischer? - Page 2post #16 of 249/19/12 at 8:29pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 249/21/12 at 9:53amThread StarterOk, so now i have a bigger issue.
After doing some research on what the people in here say, ive changed my options. Now it is between:
-sunrise Xcape IE
-Ety HF5 (er4s appear to have too little bass)post #18 of 249/21/12 at 10:23ampost #19 of 249/21/12 at 10:38ampost #20 of 249/21/12 at 11:37amQuote:
The PFE111 may also be a good choice. I would recommend it alongside the Ety HF5. I found the HF5 a little colder in comparison to the PFE (which has a slight warmth to it and a sound that can be listened to for a bit longer without fatigue)post #21 of 249/21/12 at 12:28pmpost #22 of 249/21/12 at 12:37pm
With grey filters? The PFEs do have a bit more warmth due to more bass, but it's treble is more offensive in the midhighs IME, the HF5s are pretty smooth.post #23 of 249/21/12 at 3:05pm
I find the ER-4S has less audible bass than the HF5 and the ER-4PT because of the higher impedance. For accurate presentation for an IEM, I find it foolish to overlook the ER-4, especially the ER-4S. I listen to hip-hop and bass focused songs on my ER-4S fine... And if you're actually doing mixing, audio related work, wouldn't it be better to have the most neutral sound possible for the sake of the work? Think, if you use a bassy IEM for your work, others who listen to it with different setups are going to be hearing different things from what you recorded..? It's hard to explain because I can't emphasize as neutral recordings as possible. The file HAS to be somewhat neutral IMO, and the EQ, Amp, and IEM/Headphone should be what actually changes the sonic presentation.post #24 of 249/21/12 at 3:11pm
Honestly, if his budget can accommodate an er4s, then that is what he should look at getting, but if he wants to stay a little lower, the HF5 would be a good option. And if there is any noticeable hiss, you can always get a impedance adaptor for around $10-$20 on ebay. You can get them in varying impedances too, if that is something that might interest you.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ety's vs. Fischer?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 21 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 mods 30 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 1 minute ago
- › SPDIF to DAC/Amp combof 5.1 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 6 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear