New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

BHSE tube adaptors

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 



Is it possible to develop tube adaptors to allow use of KT88 tubes instead of EL34 tubes in a BHSE?



If so-  how do I find someone who can make them for me?




post #2 of 5

KT88s and EL34s are different output tubes, no? Some speaker tube amps can handle both but I'm not sure if the BHSE can.

post #3 of 5
Thread Starter 

Couldn't an adaptor take care of that??  Not an adaptor just for the sockets but to adapt the voltage paramaters to make the kt88 work?

Edited by rsbrsvp - 9/19/12 at 4:35am
post #4 of 5

As long as the output transformers can handle the higher voltage and higher current draw from the KT88 tubes.

post #5 of 5

KT88's can't handle 800 volts. I have tried.

So stop now before you burn up something or ruin

an expensive set of tubes.


BHSE does not have any output transformers.

Edited by kevin gilmore - 9/19/12 at 1:58pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: