Is it possible to bypass the DAC of an MP3 player? I'm assuming that it isn't and if it is it's probably a lot of trouble and not worth the attempt.
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 9/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need help from European head-fiers about EU taxes Last post on 4/9/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Source Gear
- Cowon D20 DAP Last post on 3/31/13 at 8:52pm in Portable Source Gear
- A new music player after a J3 Last post on 4/19/13 at 4:57pm in Portable Source Gear
- Which DAP has the best measurements? Last post on 4/3/13 at 7:30am in Portable Source Gear
- Sony F Series VS E Series Sound quality and components (DAC) Last post on 6/12/13 at 3:21pm in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
Bass: solid, balanced and extended with excellent pitch. Can be Stygian and prodigious with the right recordings. Midrange: clear, coherent, tonally complex and saturated. Vocals are rendered with...
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe better...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
MP3 Player ?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I remember seeing something about a guy who was able to bypass his iphone's DAC with a camera kit, but it involved jailbreaking the iphone and I don't remember hearing you could do it on anything else.
It would probably just be easier to pick one up with a decent DAC in the first place.
- MP3 Player ?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Headphone Sightings 2 4 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 8 seconds ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 15 seconds ago
- › (FS) Superlux 681 Evo 27 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › Looking to upgrade my audio setup. 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 3 minutes ago
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude