Is it possible to bypass the DAC of an MP3 player? I'm assuming that it isn't and if it is it's probably a lot of trouble and not worth the attempt.
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Players
Related Forum Threads
- Need help from European head-fiers about EU taxes Last post on 4/9/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Source Gear
- Cowon D20 DAP Last post on 3/31/13 at 8:52pm in Portable Source Gear
- A new music player after a J3 Last post on 4/19/13 at 4:57pm in Portable Source Gear
- Which DAP has the best measurements? Last post on 4/3/13 at 7:30am in Portable Source Gear
- Sony F Series VS E Series Sound quality and components (DAC) Last post on 3/27/13 at 10:04am in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Edited on 12/28/12
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
MP3 Player ?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Pros:“Dead Easy to use if your computer likes it. Loud. Sounds good”“CHEAP + Expandable + Great SQ”
- Pros:“An excellent alternative to the computer user wanting something different to an internal sound card!”“Good sound for the price”
I remember seeing something about a guy who was able to bypass his iphone's DAC with a camera kit, but it involved jailbreaking the iphone and I don't remember hearing you could do it on anything else.
It would probably just be easier to pick one up with a decent DAC in the first place.
- MP3 Player ?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › What is the best/hottest deal you ever got on headphones? 17 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread 38 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › HM-901 1 minute ago
- › The NEW WS99/WS77 PG 57.. 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 1 minute ago
- › Pro 900 worth the money for upgrade? 1 minute ago
- › Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START... 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71's take on the new ATH-CLR100 Pg... 3 minutes ago
- › The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. 4 minutes ago
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe