Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D - Page 19

post #271 of 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

 

Unfortunately I doubt the issue with the Tenor usb will be resolved, if that is what you're talking about. You could look into getting the Soloist, but using a different DAC. The issues with Tenor USB has been going on for about 1.5 years now. 

From my understanding Burson is still investigating this.

post #272 of 1850

Got my new Conductor today cant seem to remember  how to install  the drivers can anybody refresh my memory with a step by step or direct me somewhere i am using windows Vista.Thank you.


Edited by MIKELAP - 3/25/13 at 10:40am
post #273 of 1850
It should be in the manual that comes with the unit...
post #274 of 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by CybDev View Post

It should be in the manual that comes with the unit...

No, its not in the book and at Burson you can download the driver but they dont say how to install the file mine would be the windows 7 xp file  i guess its not written vista the other is for windows 8 and theres one for Mac so .Usually you unzip driver file where exactly PROGRAM FILE(X86)  i dont remember .

post #275 of 1850

Problem solved thank you Darku.

post #276 of 1850

 

I see in back of the Conductor dac out jacks does that mean i could use its dac with my Littledot mk3 i would just plug the cables in the littledots imput jacks ? any advice on this i want to be shure before i try it dont want to screw anything up if thats possible at all. Thanks .

post #277 of 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKELAP View Post

 

I see in back of the Conductor dac out jacks does that mean i could use its dac with my Littledot mk3 i would just plug the cables in the littledots imput jacks ?

yep. I did something similar with my HA160-D before I upgraded to a better DAC.  No problems at all.

post #278 of 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKELAP View Post

Problem solved thank you Darku.

Glad to help :)

As for connecting other amps to it, sure it can be done no problem, just be sure to use the DAC out and not the Preamp out.

But I found it's amp section to be superior to others single ended amps I've heard.

post #279 of 1850

 

 

 

I checked my player (musicbee) when  i press configure i see burson dac out 16 bits left channel and 16 bits right channel (see picture) and on that screen theres an other configure button you press that and theres another screen, other picture (the audio control panel) its set on auto and i put it on 24 bit i restart my player but on the first panel its still written 16 bits and on the second panel at the bottom its says 2ch. output 0 ch. input 192000hz 16 bits ects ects since its set on auto does it mean that when i play a 24 bit /96 file it changes automatically to that bit rate whitout changing whats written at the bottom does just ticking off 24 bit and restarting would change the bitrate ?. Thanks    Just added first panel with ASIO setting at top 


Edited by MIKELAP - 3/26/13 at 11:45am
post #280 of 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKELAP View Post

 

 

 

I checked my player (musicbee) when  i press configure i see burson dac out 16 bits left channel and 16 bits right channel (see picture) and on that screen theres an other configure button you press that and theres another screen, other picture (the audio control panel) its set on auto and i put it on 24 bit i restart my player but on the first panel its still written 16 bits and on the second panel at the bottom its says 2ch. output 0 ch. input 192000hz 16 bits ects ects since its set on auto does it mean that when i play a 24 bit /96 file it changes automatically to that bit rate whitout changing whats written at the bottom does just ticking off 24 bit and restarting would change the bitrate ?. Thanks    Just added first panel with ASIO setting at top 

I got have an  update  with my player (MUSICBEE) i could also use wasapi with the Conductor with 24bits setting for hires files . but what i would like to know is why not 24 bits with Asio or is it on 24 bits i dont know but it plays all the files 44.1, 96 or 192 who knows i hope one of you does thanks heres a picture with Wasapi setting

post #281 of 1850

I was told by Burson  that a new driver will be available in 2 weeks. 

post #282 of 1850

Mike, Conductor plays just fine 24 bit 192 khz files, their ASIO CPL program is working properly. It doesn't downsample to 16 bit 192Khz, just the user interface is showing 16 bit (a small error), I checked and It natively plays 16 and 24 bit without any downsample. Just relax and enjoy the music.

PS: don't forget in control panel>sounds> select properties on Burson and check that it can play 96/192 Khz and put the output at DVD audio quality 24 bit 192Khz and press apply.

post #283 of 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKu View Post

Mike, Conductor plays just fine 24 bit 192 khz files, their ASIO CPL program is working properly. It doesn't downsample to 16 bit 192Khz, just the user interface is showing 16 bit (a small error), I checked and It natively plays 16 and 24 bit without any downsample. Just relax and enjoy the music.

PS: don't forget in control panel>sounds> select properties on Burson and check that it can play 96/192 Khz and put the output at DVD audio quality 24 bit 192Khz and press apply.

Thanks again thats what i figured but i didnt now for shure .one thing i know for shure when i open the amp this morning sound was screwed up didnt sound good at all then computer crashed it restarted and after it was ok.I guess its the usb driver hope that doesnt happen to often new driver in 2 weeks hope its going to help


Edited by MIKELAP - 3/28/13 at 10:55am
post #284 of 1850

Hey DarKu just noticed your avatar of the guy in the chair did you know that the speakers hes getting is hair messed up with are a pair of JBL L100  i have those speakers got those back in 1977 and i know for a fact that they wont mess up your hair  but you will get 100db at 1 metre and busted ear drums eventually! And as for the Conductor its coming along nicely


Edited by MIKELAP - 4/19/13 at 6:18pm
post #285 of 1850

Didn't know that :)

Actually where I was born we didn't have the Maxell tape commercials, I've seen it first time after Internet came and took over the world.

I still like the picture of being blown away by sound.

Nice looking classic speakers, are those speakers still working for you ? Glad the Conductor started shaping and smoothing out.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D