The Conductor is a 160D with a new amp section, and a few extra digital tweaks. This is what I originally meant. Have to listen to it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ? Regarding buying a new headphone/DAC amp, or getting a new USB dac for my Matrix M stage. Last post on 1/3/12 at 3:27am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Burson HA-160 Last post on 6/27/12 at 12:22pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- best amp/dac for grados Last post on 12/30/11 at 12:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson HA-160 Last post on 11/20/13 at 11:20am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- FS: Burson HA-160 Last post on 10/28/13 at 11:54am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Introduction Sennheiser HD800S is the successor to HD800 - one of the greatest headphones ever made. HD800 was the first headphone to actually WOW me hard with their soundscape kind of...
Hello fellow head-fi members Welcome to the review of Advanced Evo X Sports Wireless In-ear Monitors. Disclaimer This were a sample provided by Advanced team for my review. I am not...
Weston W80 Review Disclaimer: The W80 was loaned to me by the local distributor www.samma3a.com - I have to return it, I have not received any incentive, financial or otherwise for this...
Meant to be married to the OL DAC, the O2 headphone amp matches it in shape, size and simplicity. What’s neat about the O2 is that JDS Labs allows for some simple customizations—you can choose...
Acknowledgment This review unit was provided to me in exchange for my honest opinion by Penon Audio. This review was originally published here. Introduction I’m a regular watcher and poster on...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D - Page 18
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Actually it isn't. It is a totally different beast. The dac is also totally different than in 160D. It uses another DAC chip (ESS Sabre32) and a brand new design for it (from the burson site ) :
Both amp and dac section are better than on 160D.
Edited by dan.gheorghe - 2/24/13 at 5:30pm
My main concern is that the Oppo, which I consider to be bass-shy, uses the Sabre32 chip. I wonder if Burson's redesign of the amp to suit that chip resulted in bass-shy performance in the Conductor as well. No reason why it should, but something I am going to be cautious about. I have occasionally been leaping before I look when buying stuff these days, and am adopting an attitude of trying to remember to do my due diligence and research stuff before I get too carried away with buyers hots. Just bought some B&W P5s, then started reading reviews here on this forum. Maybe I should have gone down to the Apple Store and listened to them at first like I was going to do, but it was bad weather and a pair were just ending on Ebay, and so I bid and got. A very good deal, $143 for refurbs, but still, maybe I made a bad choice. The mailman will let me know.
The sole chip does not make the DAC's sound.
The NFB-7 (NFB-27) has the tightest bass of the DACs I own(ed) (witch include Reference 5.32 & Metrum Quad), hands down. It is based on the Sabre 9018 chip.
It has no mid-bass bump (like the Quad exhibits, when fed by a sub-par digital signal) so the overall sound-signature remains neutral.
Actually, the bass is too tight for my taste.
I've never tried the Condcutor's DAC with the same amps I used the DAC-2 with, so I'm not really sure. The Conductor's USB input is less problematic than the DAC-2's, though, and I've never felt as though the DAC was missing detail or anything.
Halo, I’m going to replace the power cable and also upgrade the fuse in my new Burson Conductor and would like to know what is the fuse rating for European 230V version?
According to User Manual US/Australian version is 3A Fast Blow type, but I guess EU version will be different?
Exactly the same query I sent to Burson customer care almost one week ago and no answer on my e-mail!?
From what I know, current at 230V is half what it would be at 115V, so the fuse (F3A\250V user manual) current rating needs to be reduced by 50% for the EU I guess.
I checked in my Conductor and it is F2A/250V what it would be correct I think. Can someone check it the Conductor EU version what fuse is in it?
Burson recommended 5x20mm 250V, 3A, Fast Blow:
It seems like you have no problems corresponding with them in both directions I newer got answer for my one, nevermind I believe the Burson team is busy right now promoting new products and have no time to answers all the emails, thanks again Dan.
I ordered the Conductor from authorized Burson retailer and ask them to set up the right voltage for my country and test it before shipping, that's why my amp fuse is F2A? but Burson says F3A will be fine so I'll use same as per Burson recommendation.
I read some rumors on forums that Tenor will release soon (march/this year) new usb driver for TE8802, so I guess the new driver for Win8 is based on it? hope the issue with the intermittent "clicking" during high bitrate playback permanently gone? have no computer with Win8 so can't confirm it, can you? As at this moment the usb driver V126.96.36.199a is available only for Win8.
Edited by WALL-E - 3/12/13 at 3:01pm
It has a little buggy usb, but it doesn't bother me too much, yet.
Actually, besides those problems I think it is a wonderful product, actually even a little under-appreciated. You shouldn't cast it aside so fast.
Unfortunately I doubt the issue with the Tenor usb will be resolved, if that is what you're talking about. You could look into getting the Soloist, but using a different DAC. The issues with Tenor USB has been going on for about 1.5 years now.
- Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 54 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › New here, looking for headphone advice. 2 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › [WTS] 64 Audio U12 ADEL 2 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 3 minutes ago
- › New Portable Amp - "Pocket Class A" by xrk971 - now available as... 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by gprs007
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › JDS Labs OL DAC by SoundApprentice
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear