or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D - Page 89  

post #1321 of 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1110 View Post

Anybody tried their Conductor with the new Audeze 'phones?

I did . I liked the match.

post #1322 of 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1110 View Post

Anybody tried their Conductor with the new Audeze 'phones?


Yeah I'm curious about how it performs with the LCD-X specifically, though I still love my LCD-2's for now.

post #1323 of 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendarko View Post


Yeah I'm curious about how it performs with the LCD-X specifically, though I still love my LCD-2's for now.

See above you smily_headphones1.gif
post #1324 of 1991
I ordered the LCD-XC Dan. Looking forward to plugging them into my Conductor.
post #1325 of 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1110 View Post

I ordered the LCD-XC Dan. Looking forward to plugging them into my Conductor.
That sounds like headphone p0rn to me smily_headphones1.gif
post #1326 of 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by citraian View Post


That sounds like headphone p0rn to me smily_headphones1.gif


Indeed, mighty scrumptous Christmas meal you have planned it seems :)

post #1327 of 1991

First of all - cheers to my Romanian friends Dan and Traian.

Second - I've bought the Conductor myself (it seems like a trend among the Romanian audiophiles) and I'm using it with my Sennheiser HD800.

 

I see on a few posts before that users seem to find the Conductor a bit bright - and I bought it with the fear that I will find it "too" bright for my tastes, especially considering that I'm coming from a Tube Amp....this is not the case, as I find the Conductor quite silky and smooth, ironically a bit to smooth :) This has been a huge surprise for me as I did not expect that from a SS amp and from the Sabre chip, but hell sometimes things do not come as planned.

 

1 thing I can really appreciate from my current audio set-up, as opposed to all the other audio gear I had in the past - finally for the first time I can hear the music behind me as well as in front for a full 3D surround sound.

 

 I guess there are no more "next steps" for me as only "side steps" are available through the electrostatic and planar magnetic families :)

post #1328 of 1991
There are quite a few next steps, trust me smily_headphones1.gif
post #1329 of 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by citraian View Post

There are quite a few next steps, trust me smily_headphones1.gif

+1
post #1330 of 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by citraian View Post

There are quite a few next steps, trust me smily_headphones1.gif
What would be a step foward without doubling or tripling the price? Honest question.
I recently got the Concero, but just for the DSD capabilities.
post #1331 of 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1110 View Post

I ordered the LCD-XC Dan. Looking forward to plugging them into my Conductor.

 

Congratulations! :) I wonder how you will compare them to HE-500.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by azazell86 View Post

...

 

I see on a few posts before that users seem to find the Conductor a bit bright - and I bought it with the fear that I will find it "too" bright for my tastes, especially considering that I'm coming from a Tube Amp....this is not the case, as I find the Conductor quite silky and smooth, ironically a bit to smooth :) This has been a huge surprise for me as I did not expect that from a SS amp and from the Sabre chip, but hell sometimes things do not come as planned.

...

 

I know, right. I was also under the impression that it might be harsh and sibilant, but my perception is its nowhere close to that, it's rather smooth as you say. Weird how our perceptions are so diverging on the Conductor.

post #1332 of 1991
I guess you could say it Conducts itself differently for you two smily_headphones1.gif
Edited by goldendarko - 12/26/13 at 9:20pm
post #1333 of 1991

Haha, absolutely :)

post #1334 of 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiont View Post

What would be a step foward without doubling or tripling the price? Honest question.
I recently got the Concero, but just for the DSD capabilities.
Without doubling or tripling the price? Hmm... Then the step up would be getting an usb interface. smily_headphones1.gif
post #1335 of 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by citraian View Post



Without doubling or tripling the price? Hmm... Then the step up would be getting an usb interface. smily_headphones1.gif

 



Like the Audiobyte Hydra-X? How much do those go for and do they really improve the sound quality that much?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D