or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D - Page 84  

post #1246 of 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by negura View Post
 

That would be Dan. :)

 

I wanted to wait my name to be said 3 times so I could appear but ran out of patience :)) . 

 

That is right I have the LCD-X review unit by my side with Burson Conductor . I think Conductor is a very good pairing with LCD-X.


Edited by dan.gheorghe - 11/14/13 at 11:19am
post #1247 of 1991

Does anybody still get disconnects with the new usb module? 

 

I was kinda hoping the new module would fix this little problem. I think it tends to happen when the conductor is on for a long time with no music playing through it.   

 

I'm currently going: iMac osx 10.8, Audirvana plus > wireworld ultraviolet usb cable > conductor

 

Anybody experiencing similar probs?

 

post #1248 of 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyston23 View Post
 

Does anybody still get disconnects with the new usb module? 

 

I was kinda hoping the new module would fix this little problem. I think it tends to happen when the conductor is on for a long time with no music playing through it.   

 

I'm currently going: iMac osx 10.8, Audirvana plus > wireworld ultraviolet usb cable > conductor

 

Anybody experiencing similar probs?

 

 

Not me! This was actually the problem that the new module fixed for me. And I leave my Conductor always on.

 

PC Win 7 Foobar2k ASIO -> stock USB-cable -> Conductor

post #1249 of 1991

yeah.I'm sure you will find a buyer.  Might help to link to the rave review Srajan gave the HA-160D. 

vrt

post #1250 of 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor1nox View Post
 

 

Not me! This was actually the problem that the new module fixed for me. And I leave my Conductor always on.

 

PC Win 7 Foobar2k ASIO -> stock USB-cable -> Conductor

 

Glad to hear it! 

 

Perhaps it's a mac thing. I've read a few pages back where others with a mac had disconnect probs with the old Tenor usb module. I wonder if other mac users have continued to have the same disconnect probs with the new usb module as me?

 

In any case, I can live with this small, though sometimes annoying problem. But it would be awesome to know if someone has found a fix for it.


Edited by daveyston23 - 11/23/13 at 3:06pm
post #1251 of 1991
Using Audirvana (A+) on Mavericks, I have been getting drop-outs regularly with the CM6631a board - perhaps more than the tenor board. Disappointing.

I hold out hope that Apple will update their drivers or it's something Damien can find a solution for A+.

The disconnects appeared a little different. Music would cut out mid-song, yet A+ would look like it was still playing.
On system preferences, the Conductor would still be visible (as 'Speaker'). So perhaps it's something about Audirvana's integer mode?

Power cycling the Conductor or Mac seems to fix it.

I let burson know, but acknowledged there wasn't really anything they could do.
post #1252 of 1991

I using Audirvana + on OS X 10.9 with the new C Media 6631A USB board all the time since I have it and not problem at all, not even single drop-outs, working for me perfectly, what cannot be said about Tenor usb module.

 

My set-up is iMac i5 4GB ram, A+ (old version 1.4.6) with iTunes integrated mode, extraordinary long USB cable (DIY Supra cat7+, at length 8.75m !) I use apple remote mode, remote app installed on my iPad to simply navigate via WiFi on iTunes play list, changing the track, song, album and so on being in my listening room, even if at the time my daughter surfing the internet I have no disconnects.

 

What I can advise is check the SysOptimizer on Audirvana preferences and deactivate non-essential services also deactivate completely iTunes own playback if you playing proxy files as I did.


Edited by WALL-E - 11/24/13 at 2:09pm
post #1253 of 1991
Interesting Wall-E.
These intermittent bugs can be tough to pin down.

I only use A+ in playlist mode - with optimisations set to 'extreme', with integer and direct modes on. I minimize all but some background monitoring apps. I doubt it's caused by a background app, but can't be too careful, I guess.

I don't keep the Conductor on.

I'd be curious to hear from other A+ users here. But glad it's working for you Wall-E :-)
post #1254 of 1991

I also use A+ in playlist mode with optimizations set to 'extreme' and continue to get drop outs. I am unsure if the drop outs are related to A+, however, because I seem to be getting drop outs with or without A+ running. Rebooting the iMac or switching the conductor off and on again tends to fix the problem. Because of the drop outs, I don't usually leave the conductor on all the time and only switch it on when I need to - not ideal because according to burson the conductor should be switched on an hr before use for optimal performance. 

post #1255 of 1991

My set-up is iMac OS X 10.9 + Amarra. After replacement of CM6631A USB Module, I find that only iTunes work well with Sample Rates: 48K/96K/192KHz in MIDI setting. 16/24 bit are all OK. Sample Rates: 44.1K/88.2K/176.4KHz in MIDI setting are all no output. And with Amarra, Sample Rates: 44.1K/88.2K/176.4KHz in MIDI setting are all no output. 48KHz sounds in a queer tone. 96K/192KHz are even worse. I don't know if it's something wrong. please someone can give me a help.


Edited by hyde27 - 11/25/13 at 6:28pm
post #1256 of 1991
Curious. If those rates aren't playing on all software, I'd imagine there's a problem with the C-Media board. No fun having to get a replacement board, though...

In integrated mode, A+ over-rides midi settings (as I understand it?).

Drop-outs aside, I am able to play all sample rates fine. (The Tenor chip didn't seem to have any trouble with sample rates either.) As the sound quality isn't the same, I've never used iTunes. I can't wait to see what Damien comes up with for a library management and an iPad app... but we may be waiting a while... But I digress... I hope you find a fix for the sample rates.
post #1257 of 1991

Got back my S/PDIF cable today. This time it works thank god.

 

Somehow the first Analysis plus digital crystal coax was faulty, because 96/192 kHz samplerates made Burson Conductor to disconnect and the sound was crackling. 

 

Have to say, that although I just bought the new USB-module, the sound straight from ASUS Xonar ST coax plug is still better than through USB. Sound has more body via coax. Dunno, whether it is the cable or something else, but coax is the winner in my opinion.

 

Have you guys noticed any differences between coax, optical usb etc. with Conductor ?

post #1258 of 1991
Interesting to hear victor.

I've only tried spdif using my friend's original Audiophilleo (direct - no coax cable). I thought it may be slightly better than the Tenor board, but wasn't sure (it was different, to be sure). I could not do a direct A/B it with the CM board, but believe it to be a significant step up from both the Tenor and original Audiophilleo 2.

I haven't tested many USB cables. I certainly preferred the Neo (Oyaide) d+ (class S) than the cheapest Audioquest cable. I do wonder what a better USB cable might bring to the table.
post #1259 of 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor1nox View Post
 

Got back my S/PDIF cable today. This time it works thank god.

 

Somehow the first Analysis plus digital crystal coax was faulty, because 96/192 kHz samplerates made Burson Conductor to disconnect and the sound was crackling. 

 

Have to say, that although I just bought the new USB-module, the sound straight from ASUS Xonar ST coax plug is still better than through USB. Sound has more body via coax. Dunno, whether it is the cable or something else, but coax is the winner in my opinion.

 

Have you guys noticed any differences between coax, optical usb etc. with Conductor ?

 

I haven't, none at all.

post #1260 of 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegan 
I've only tried spdif using my friend's original Audiophilleo (direct - no coax cable). I thought it may be slightly better than the Tenor board, but wasn't sure (it was different, to be sure). I could not do a direct A/B it with the CM board, but believe it to be a significant step up from both the Tenor and original Audiophilleo 2.
Very interesting that you believe CM board to be a step up from Audiophilleo.
Could someone confirm this in a A/B test?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 mediante Tapatalk
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D