Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Any over-ear closed headphone with great metal/rock signature????
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Any over-ear closed headphone with great metal/rock signature???? - Page 2

post #16 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJesusGuy View Post

I actually have the M50 and it was also my first phone that I got for christmas. I listen to a lot of metal, trance type stuff also. As your first phones, I promise you will love them. If you really want to come into the audiohphilia world, you'll eventually realised that the mids are slightly recessed and it will make you want more. All in all making you buy perhaps, an amp, better source, or better headphones.

I'm really sorry for opening an old thread, but about 2 weeks ago I ordered some M50's and well, long story short, USPS lost them... I think I might buy them again with another seller from Amazon. Anyways, I listen to everything like Rock/Metal, Hip-Hop, Country etc... I really want to hear the guitar solos and vocals etc... and you said that the 'mids are slightly recessed', so will those things still sound good?

My brother gave me his Solo HD's a couple of years back and I've been using those, will the Mids and highs in the M50's sound better than the ones in the Solo HD's? (I know dumb question.)
post #17 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by endallchaos View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJesusGuy View Post

I actually have the M50 and it was also my first phone that I got for christmas. I listen to a lot of metal, trance type stuff also. As your first phones, I promise you will love them. If you really want to come into the audiohphilia world, you'll eventually realised that the mids are slightly recessed and it will make you want more. All in all making you buy perhaps, an amp, better source, or better headphones.

I'm really sorry for opening an old thread, but about 2 weeks ago I ordered some M50's and well, long story short, USPS lost them... I think I might buy them again with another seller from Amazon. Anyways, I listen to everything like Rock/Metal, Hip-Hop, Country etc... I really want to hear the guitar solos and vocals etc... and you said that the 'mids are slightly recessed', so will those things still sound good?

My brother gave me his Solo HD's a couple of years back and I've been using those, will the Mids and highs in the M50's sound better than the ones in the Solo HD's? (I know dumb question.)

Uh.. yes, but iBuds would be better than the Solos so that's not saying much...

 

Stay away from the M50. It's bad. Very bad.

post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by takato14 View Post

Uh.. yes, but iBuds would be better than the Solos so that's not saying much...

Stay away from the M50. It's bad. Very bad.

lol Come on, man. iBuds are just horrible and the Solo HD are obviously better than them, but they are still pretty bad. tongue.gif

Anyways, I went with the M50, got them for $105 and I have to say that they are A LOT better than the Solo HD, in every way. I really like them, and yes, I'm aware you could get better headphones, but for now, I'm good with these... I'm also getting the HD598, soon. smily_headphones1.gif
post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by endallchaos View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by takato14 View Post

Uh.. yes, but iBuds would be better than the Solos so that's not saying much...

Stay away from the M50. It's bad. Very bad.

lol Come on, man. iBuds are just horrible and the Solo HD are obviously better than them, but they are still pretty bad. tongue.gif

Anyways, I went with the M50, got them for $105 and I have to say that they are A LOT better than the Solo HD, in every way. I really like them, and yes, I'm aware you could get better headphones, but for now, I'm good with these... I'm also getting the HD598, soon. smily_headphones1.gif

.. no I'd honestly be happier with iBuds than the Solo HD. At least the iBuds aren't a cloud of distorted muddy bass energy that feels like you're wearing a vice on your head.

post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by takato14 View Post

.. no I'd honestly be happier with iBuds than the Solo HD. At least the iBuds aren't a cloud of distorted muddy bass energy that feels like you're wearing a vice on your head.

I guess it's just preference. smily_headphones1.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Any over-ear closed headphone with great metal/rock signature????