I am currently debating between the Ultrasone Edition 8 or the Beyerdynamic T5p...which one overall has better sound quality coming off of an iPod or MacBook Pro?
Related Forum Threads
- Which High End Headphone Has Good Sound Isolation? Last post on 12/24/12 at 8:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Lost my Ultrasone ed.8... What should I buy now? Last post on 9/26/12 at 4:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultimate closed headphone? Last post on 8/5/13 at 12:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Top of the range headphones for opera Last post on 1/16/13 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
Creative's Sound Blaster E1 If you want to cover your bases with a do-all headphone accessory, the E1 is a good start. Affordable, well featured, inexpensive, the E1 is Creative's entry-level...
Firstly like to thank Chuck from 1964 Ears for organising the Pendulumic Stance S1+ headphones for this review. Pendulumic is a relatively new company in the headphone world, and...
Introduction: RHA is a fairly new audio company that has made quite a splash recently with their MA750 and T10 IEMs. RHA has recently announced their new T20 IEM which is due to be released...
I do not own this unit – I had this unit from @fnkcow With Impedance of 320ohm this earbuds need a good amp to show its worth. I use my phone during my first listen to the zen and it sounds...
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Beyerdynamic T5p vs Ultrasone Edition 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I don't think you'll be getting the 'best' out of any of the headphones by using an iPod / MacBook Pro.
I've listened to the T5p - it's the sort of sound I like, but probably not for everyone. It's a portable T1.
I have both, no way to really advise you which is best, they're both very good but with different sound signatures and presentation. I prefer the T5p (so far, only had my ED8s a few weeks), but I'm a long way off finally making my mind up about which I prefer. It will depend a lot on which genres you listen to, what aspects of the sound you place the highest value on (soundstage, imaging, resolution, presentation, PRaT etc). People will be better able to advise you about which might suit you best if we had more information on your listening habits and needs, what other headphones you have/have had and what you liked about them.
Edited by NZtechfreak - 9/18/12 at 2:00am
I listen to little to no live music, so I'm not really concerned about soundstage. I would be using them for mainly at home use but also would like them accessible for plane rides or car rides where I'm not driving. I listen to almost all Alternative music, but occasionally I like Rap and Electronic. I do like bass on my headphones, but no so much as that it is overpowering or distorting.
Sound stage is not unique to live music:) Sound stage is an expression of the headphone's ability to separate aspects of the music and present it back to you in the most accurate manner. When a band records an album it's not done with one microphone....it's done with several microphones, instruments, etc. A good sound stage will help you hear each item as it was meant to be heard.
Actually, the new retina macbook pro can drive all my IEMs relatively well. It's much better than macbook pro 13, macbook air, ipad, iphone, ipod classic and other laptops I've owned like the Thinkpad W520, Thinkpad X220. It actually has some sort of mid-bass bump which made my JH13 and ES5 sounds warmer and more engaging than even on my 1400 dollars portable rig. However, it doesn't drive big cans that well, such as my Edition 8 and W5000. You will need an amp to drive the ED8 to its full potential.
Overall I prefer Edition 8 over T5P; however, for the classical T5P might be a better choice. Actually I noticed that I listen less to the classical and more to poor/ rock now when I mainly use Edition 8. My T5P needs its cable replaced, - I have not been in a hurry to do it since I prefer Edition 8, still I feel growing urge to address the issue as I am missing T5P and my classical music recordings.
- Beyerdynamic T5p vs Ultrasone Edition 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 28 seconds ago
- › What are these songs (From a Chinese Buffet)? 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › 🌅 Official 2015 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 18, 2015, Doubletree San... 3 minutes ago
- › 2015 Denver CO Summer Meet #2 (August) 3 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 7 minutes ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 9 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)