So my pair of AKG 271 MKII are coming in the mail tomorrow!!!! and so in preparation i wanted to make a list of songs to test my new headphones out. So just post your top 5 songs for testing out my new baby's!!!
Related Forum Threads
- closed Headphones for a 3rd generation ipod touch Last post on 11/18/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed headphone for work Last post on 11/17/12 at 7:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- A query about impedance Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- A newbie's first pair of Real headphones, any recommendations? <$150 shipped Last post on 11/14/12 at 6:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- getting crazy for new hedphones Last post on 11/12/12 at 12:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I begin my review, I would like to Thank Meelectronics for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. It seems that everywhere you look you see another new...
The Philps Fidelio X2 was purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Philips. Introduction: The Philips Fidelio X2 is Philips top of the line full size open headphones. I picked up...
Still burning-in, but I can already say they are by far the best sounding IEM's I've ever heard. Fantastically clear/clean through the mids and treble - tremendous detail resolution without things...
$250 (got mine 10% off from a promo code on theheadphonelist.com but it was only valid for 2014) - 2 Balanced armature Drivers - 1 Bass Driver - 1 High Frequency Driver - 1 sound bore -...
Intro There are very few headphones which have survived three decades and still remain as the main workhorse for many sound professionals around the world. The Sony MDR-7506 started out as...
Best 5 songs to test new headphones on!post #1 of 209/17/12 at 6:50pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 209/17/12 at 7:32pm
I have 5 songs in FLAC that I always play when I'm testing headphones/amps...
Night Of The Dancing Flame - artist: Roisin Murphy, album: Ruby Blue
Ramalama [Bang Bang] - artist: Roisin Murphy, album: Ruby Blue
Hey Eugene - artist: Pink Martini, album: Hey Eugene
GZ And Hustlas - artist: Snoop Dogg, album: Doggystyle
Suite No. 1, S. 1007 In G Major: Prelude - artist: Yo-Yo Ma, album: Bach's Six Unaccompanied Cello Suitespost #3 of 209/17/12 at 7:54pmThread Starterpost #4 of 209/17/12 at 11:53pmpost #5 of 209/18/12 at 1:51am
Just use your new headphones and head to HDtracks.com, they have previews on all albums, so you can browse all the albums and test your headphones that way. Their previews are decent quality. Anything you like, buy.
Very best,post #6 of 2012/13/12 at 2:03pm
- Tatrini- Devil's Trill Sonata
- J.S. Bach - Partita No.2 in D minor BWV 1004 - IV Giga
- Joe Satriani - Wind in the trees (live Sathurated)
-Al Di Meola/Paco de Lucia/JOhn Maclauglin- Mediterranean sundance
-Don Ross- Wall of Glass
-Hans Zimmer/Lisa Gerrard- Now we are free.
* All FLACpost #7 of 204/13/13 at 1:31pmpost #8 of 204/13/13 at 3:18pmpost #9 of 204/13/13 at 3:37pmpost #10 of 204/13/13 at 3:45pmpost #11 of 204/13/13 at 5:08pmpost #12 of 204/13/13 at 5:35pmHere's a few songs easily found in FLAC or 24/96 that are mastered wonderfully (or used for reference).
Rage Against the Machine - Wake Up
Kanye West - Runaway
Nine Inch Nails - The Four of Us Are Dying
Nine Inch Nails - 31 Ghosts IV
Smashing Pumpkins - Soma
Radiohead - Codex
Chelsea Light Moving - Empires of Time
The Dillinger Escape Plan - Farewell, Mona Lisa
Pink Floyd - Have a Cigar
Rush - Red Barchetta
Echo and the Bunnymen - Bring on the Dancing Horses
Gary Numan - Down in the Park
Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
Porcupine Tree - Trains
Charlie Parker - Ornithology
Miles Davis - (anything off Bitches Brew)
Tool - Lateralus
VAST - Flames
That's a start...post #13 of 204/19/13 at 8:04am
I found Blue Collar by Bachman-Turner Overdrive to sound really good on high-end cans (specifically sennheiser HD600 and Bose QC 15). Has some deep lows and a nice guitar solo thrown in to cover the highs.post #14 of 204/19/13 at 12:31pm
- Best 5 songs to test new headphones on!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 18 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 44 seconds ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 56 seconds ago
- › Grado SR225 Thread 1 minute ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 1 minute ago
- › The "Burden of proof" vs "A post describing how science works" 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Rank the most accurate headphones you've heard. 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 3 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi® Matrix2 AF62 Stereo Bluetooth®... by twister6
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by peter123
- › Sennheiser IE800 by Lan647
- › Perfect Seal SportBud Silver by DreamKing
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by RudeWolf
- › Grado Labs SR80e by Pokemonn
- › Aune B1 by money4me247
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2