So my pair of AKG 271 MKII are coming in the mail tomorrow!!!! and so in preparation i wanted to make a list of songs to test my new headphones out. So just post your top 5 songs for testing out my new baby's!!!
Related Forum Threads
- closed Headphones for a 3rd generation ipod touch Last post on 11/18/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed headphone for work Last post on 11/17/12 at 7:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- A query about impedance Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- A newbie's first pair of Real headphones, any recommendations? <$150 shipped Last post on 11/14/12 at 6:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- getting crazy for new hedphones Last post on 11/12/12 at 12:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
Best 5 songs to test new headphones on!post #1 of 259/17/12 at 6:50pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 259/17/12 at 7:32pm
I have 5 songs in FLAC that I always play when I'm testing headphones/amps...
Night Of The Dancing Flame - artist: Roisin Murphy, album: Ruby Blue
Ramalama [Bang Bang] - artist: Roisin Murphy, album: Ruby Blue
Hey Eugene - artist: Pink Martini, album: Hey Eugene
GZ And Hustlas - artist: Snoop Dogg, album: Doggystyle
Suite No. 1, S. 1007 In G Major: Prelude - artist: Yo-Yo Ma, album: Bach's Six Unaccompanied Cello Suitespost #3 of 259/17/12 at 7:54pmThread Starterpost #4 of 259/17/12 at 11:53pmpost #5 of 259/18/12 at 1:51am
Just use your new headphones and head to HDtracks.com, they have previews on all albums, so you can browse all the albums and test your headphones that way. Their previews are decent quality. Anything you like, buy.
Very best,post #6 of 2512/13/12 at 2:03pm
- Tatrini- Devil's Trill Sonata
- J.S. Bach - Partita No.2 in D minor BWV 1004 - IV Giga
- Joe Satriani - Wind in the trees (live Sathurated)
-Al Di Meola/Paco de Lucia/JOhn Maclauglin- Mediterranean sundance
-Don Ross- Wall of Glass
-Hans Zimmer/Lisa Gerrard- Now we are free.
* All FLACpost #7 of 254/13/13 at 1:31pmpost #8 of 254/13/13 at 3:18pmpost #9 of 254/13/13 at 3:37pmpost #10 of 254/13/13 at 3:45pmpost #11 of 254/13/13 at 5:08pmpost #12 of 254/13/13 at 5:35pmHere's a few songs easily found in FLAC or 24/96 that are mastered wonderfully (or used for reference).
Rage Against the Machine - Wake Up
Kanye West - Runaway
Nine Inch Nails - The Four of Us Are Dying
Nine Inch Nails - 31 Ghosts IV
Smashing Pumpkins - Soma
Radiohead - Codex
Chelsea Light Moving - Empires of Time
The Dillinger Escape Plan - Farewell, Mona Lisa
Pink Floyd - Have a Cigar
Rush - Red Barchetta
Echo and the Bunnymen - Bring on the Dancing Horses
Gary Numan - Down in the Park
Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
Porcupine Tree - Trains
Charlie Parker - Ornithology
Miles Davis - (anything off Bitches Brew)
Tool - Lateralus
VAST - Flames
That's a start...post #13 of 254/19/13 at 8:04am
I found Blue Collar by Bachman-Turner Overdrive to sound really good on high-end cans (specifically sennheiser HD600 and Bose QC 15). Has some deep lows and a nice guitar solo thrown in to cover the highs.post #14 of 254/19/13 at 12:31pm
- Best 5 songs to test new headphones on!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 1 minute ago
- › Good, cheap starter USB DAC? 1 minute ago
- › Shanling M3 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › Really not impressed with my recent Shure 425 purchase? 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio E17k Alpen 2 Announced (23/12/2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3