So my pair of AKG 271 MKII are coming in the mail tomorrow!!!! and so in preparation i wanted to make a list of songs to test my new headphones out. So just post your top 5 songs for testing out my new baby's!!!
Related Forum Threads
- closed Headphones for a 3rd generation ipod touch Last post on 11/18/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed headphone for work Last post on 11/17/12 at 7:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- A query about impedance Last post on 11/16/12 at 4:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- A newbie's first pair of Real headphones, any recommendations? <$150 shipped Last post on 11/14/12 at 6:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- getting crazy for new hedphones Last post on 11/12/12 at 12:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
T-PEOS H-100II Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/726296/t-peos-h-100ii-review-by-mark2410 Thanks to T-PEOS for the sample. Brief: Crazy cheap detail monsters,...
My privileged Yulong adventure started several years ago with the highly regarded D100. At the time I owned the $2500usd Antelope zodiac+ so it really was just a bit of fun to see what all the hype...
Review to come when i have some time. Bottom line is, if you can pick these up on sale, they are a good buy for what they are. They are fairly comfortable, have ample bass which sadly lacks a...
Okay, these are my thoughts after a few hours. I recognize that's it's only been a few hours, but my opinion rarely changes with additional time. Initial Impressions: As has been...
I recently parted with my V-Moda Crossfade M-100 DJ Headphones and decided to move into something new. I had heard a lot about the Sennheiser HD 8 DJ and had a chance to own a pair for a Discount...
Best 5 songs to test new headphones on!post #1 of 209/17/12 at 6:50pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 209/17/12 at 7:32pm
I have 5 songs in FLAC that I always play when I'm testing headphones/amps...
Night Of The Dancing Flame - artist: Roisin Murphy, album: Ruby Blue
Ramalama [Bang Bang] - artist: Roisin Murphy, album: Ruby Blue
Hey Eugene - artist: Pink Martini, album: Hey Eugene
GZ And Hustlas - artist: Snoop Dogg, album: Doggystyle
Suite No. 1, S. 1007 In G Major: Prelude - artist: Yo-Yo Ma, album: Bach's Six Unaccompanied Cello Suitespost #3 of 209/17/12 at 7:54pmThread Starterpost #4 of 209/17/12 at 11:53pmpost #5 of 209/18/12 at 1:51am
Just use your new headphones and head to HDtracks.com, they have previews on all albums, so you can browse all the albums and test your headphones that way. Their previews are decent quality. Anything you like, buy.
Very best,post #6 of 2012/13/12 at 2:03pm
- Tatrini- Devil's Trill Sonata
- J.S. Bach - Partita No.2 in D minor BWV 1004 - IV Giga
- Joe Satriani - Wind in the trees (live Sathurated)
-Al Di Meola/Paco de Lucia/JOhn Maclauglin- Mediterranean sundance
-Don Ross- Wall of Glass
-Hans Zimmer/Lisa Gerrard- Now we are free.
* All FLACpost #7 of 204/13/13 at 1:31pmpost #8 of 204/13/13 at 3:18pmpost #9 of 204/13/13 at 3:37pmpost #10 of 204/13/13 at 3:45pmpost #11 of 204/13/13 at 5:08pmpost #12 of 204/13/13 at 5:35pmHere's a few songs easily found in FLAC or 24/96 that are mastered wonderfully (or used for reference).
Rage Against the Machine - Wake Up
Kanye West - Runaway
Nine Inch Nails - The Four of Us Are Dying
Nine Inch Nails - 31 Ghosts IV
Smashing Pumpkins - Soma
Radiohead - Codex
Chelsea Light Moving - Empires of Time
The Dillinger Escape Plan - Farewell, Mona Lisa
Pink Floyd - Have a Cigar
Rush - Red Barchetta
Echo and the Bunnymen - Bring on the Dancing Horses
Gary Numan - Down in the Park
Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
Porcupine Tree - Trains
Charlie Parker - Ornithology
Miles Davis - (anything off Bitches Brew)
Tool - Lateralus
VAST - Flames
That's a start...post #13 of 204/19/13 at 8:04am
I found Blue Collar by Bachman-Turner Overdrive to sound really good on high-end cans (specifically sennheiser HD600 and Bose QC 15). Has some deep lows and a nice guitar solo thrown in to cover the highs.post #14 of 204/19/13 at 12:31pm
- Best 5 songs to test new headphones on!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 second ago
- › How is "tube sound" even audible in modern headphone amps? 1 minute ago
- › Grado RS1i Appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 1 minute ago
- › Help! V moda lps,too much bass? 1 minute ago
- › soundblaster xi fi hd and fiio e17 3 minutes ago
- › Ps audio direct stream dsd DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by DJPhiltheThrill
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Cachicamo
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by kman1211
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by TrollDragon
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kman1211
- › Sennheiser HD 201 Headphones by MarcadoStalker7
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)