I have a significant amount of mp3’s (some 128Kbps, most 160Kbps) on an external hard drive that I want to play through my stereo receiver. Problem is my computer and stereo are 70ft apart and whatever I use to connect them will go into the wall, up and through my attic, then back down to the stereo(total of 70ft). Computer is recent Dell desktop with integrated soundcard(plenty of room for a pcie card). Stereo receiver is older Yamaha RX-V995. Paradigm speakers. Goal is best sound I can get given the source.
- Just come out of the computer digitally and run RG6 to my receiver and let it do the DAC work? -or-
- Get a good sound card and come out of the sound card analog for the long run to the receiver? –or-
- Insert a DAC at one end or the other?
- Your recommendation on another alternative?
- Am I overthinking this…ie: either way will be fine? The long run has me wondering what will be best.