- 1,229 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: Savannah, GA
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- 2nd PRICE DROP: Beyerdynamic DT880 / DT990 OBO Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Closed headphones for music + gaming? Last post on 2/7/15 at 9:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need advice on headphones to compliment my Q701. (<200$) Last post on 9/6/12 at 5:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Could a modded T50rp best an HD650 (or come close to an LCD-2)? Last post on 5/22/13 at 4:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I picked these beautiful-looking babies on amazon few days ago when price dropped on amazon (used ones from amazon warehouse for $400), which was a bargain; compared to $300 price tag on HD650's....
I began to search for a shorter cable for my HD600 just because the stock cable is to long for using with a portable device. I didn't want to spend to much under $100. I did the standard Amazon and...
Exclusive sound, high quality patents "sandwich diaphragm" metal meets the technical.
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
Mad Dogs too good to be a gym headphone?post #1 of 79/16/12 at 9:45pmThread StarterI'm thrilled with my HE500 and am totally in love with the ortho sound. I'm wondering if Mad Dogs could work as a gym/portable can as long as I shortened the cable. Thoughts?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 79/17/12 at 8:26amQuote:
I highly doubt it. The Fostex T50RPs are pretty bulky, and even with the headband mod on the Mad Dogs, I don't see them staying on your head very long. You could try a "wireless" mod where you have a super short cable hooked to a iPod shuffle or Sansa Clip or something. The problem with that is you won't be getting the most out of the Mad Dogs.
All in all, I wouldn't recommend it. It's fairly large, doesn't sit well, not to mention you'll probably sweat something fierce. I would recommend something simple, like the Koss KSC75 for the gym or something...I use mine when exercising and can't complain much.
Hope this helps!
PS: I suppose if you're just doing weight lifting, it "could" work...still wouldn't recommend it though...post #3 of 79/20/12 at 11:13amQuote:
I would suggest a Beyer DT1350, or if cost is a problem, a Senn. HD25-II. The split headband is what you'll need. All of my headphones have norrmal headbands and they fall off.
Not to mention the 1350s probably sound better than the Mad Dogs and are easier to drive..post #4 of 79/20/12 at 11:30ampost #5 of 79/24/12 at 4:22pm
Hi... I just came across this, sorry for the slow response.
I would not use this in the gym, they aren't made for that kind of use and would probably be a hassle. They are portable, in the sense they are really rugged and can be put in laptop packs, etc. But they don't fold flat, so if space is super premium they're not your best bet.post #6 of 79/24/12 at 5:33pmpost #7 of 79/24/12 at 5:51pm
Denon Exercise Freak - check them out
I personally use my Bose Triport for full headphones for gym. They work for a couple of reasons. (Don't shoot me down for this).
Simple, sleek design, very lightweight. Good isolation and driven by any DAP. Clamping force is decent - not too tight, but not loose at all. Lift weights or plyo - it works.
They have an accentuated mid-bass kick, little to no sub-bass. Although it works out fine at the gym - my D2000's sub-bass doesn't always work out the best at the gym due to all the other noise. Sometimes with the gym's own speakers. Human sensitivity-frequency curve.
The mids are definitely up front - which works nicely with other people talking near you.
They could be an option if you can find them cheap, the main reason for recommending them. They look really flimsy, but my pair has still put up with me for the past 3 years. It just works in the gym.
Sound wise, they are OK and their signature actually helps them in a gym environment. When I'm tired of wearing the heavy HE-500, or D2000, I usually go the Bose for comfort and they sound okay. Although at home I use them only to watch shows and not music. Terrible for music in comparison to my other phones. Although at the gym, it works out.
So if you want something cheap, you can find them locally for sure. No waiting time.
- Mad Dogs too good to be a gym headphone?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Three Word Story 55 seconds ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! 1 minute ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 1 minute ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Liquid Gold/Plinius CD-101Combination but what DAC 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 4 minutes ago
- › Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by KopaZ
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2