- 1,761 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: Madison, WI
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- 2nd PRICE DROP: Beyerdynamic DT880 / DT990 OBO Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Closed headphones for music + gaming? Last post on 2/7/15 at 9:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need advice on headphones to compliment my Q701. (<200$) Last post on 9/6/12 at 5:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Could a modded T50rp best an HD650 (or come close to an LCD-2)? Last post on 5/22/13 at 4:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
Disclaimer: I received this earphone for free from the manufacturers. I did my best not to let that color my opinion on the product, but my impressions may not be entirely without bias. Shozy...
Introduction: The Effect Audio is a Singapore brand that is known by some famous aftermarket cables. They offer Ares and Thor series headphone/IEM cables as well as Piccolino Ultimate and Eros...
Here is my review for the Brainwavz BLU-200 Bluetooth earphones. I must say that I really like and respect the Brainwavz brand and that they deserve attention with their high quality/budget...
Hello Fellow Headfiers, I own this DAC for atleast 7 months now and so I thought I would make a review cuz I'm planning to sell this :) (which I'll tell you why at the end of this review). I...
Mad Dogs too good to be a gym headphone?post #1 of 79/16/12 at 9:45pmThread StarterI'm thrilled with my HE500 and am totally in love with the ortho sound. I'm wondering if Mad Dogs could work as a gym/portable can as long as I shortened the cable. Thoughts?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 79/17/12 at 8:26amQuote:
I highly doubt it. The Fostex T50RPs are pretty bulky, and even with the headband mod on the Mad Dogs, I don't see them staying on your head very long. You could try a "wireless" mod where you have a super short cable hooked to a iPod shuffle or Sansa Clip or something. The problem with that is you won't be getting the most out of the Mad Dogs.
All in all, I wouldn't recommend it. It's fairly large, doesn't sit well, not to mention you'll probably sweat something fierce. I would recommend something simple, like the Koss KSC75 for the gym or something...I use mine when exercising and can't complain much.
Hope this helps!
PS: I suppose if you're just doing weight lifting, it "could" work...still wouldn't recommend it though...post #3 of 79/20/12 at 11:13amQuote:
I would suggest a Beyer DT1350, or if cost is a problem, a Senn. HD25-II. The split headband is what you'll need. All of my headphones have norrmal headbands and they fall off.
Not to mention the 1350s probably sound better than the Mad Dogs and are easier to drive..post #4 of 79/20/12 at 11:30ampost #5 of 79/24/12 at 4:22pm
Hi... I just came across this, sorry for the slow response.
I would not use this in the gym, they aren't made for that kind of use and would probably be a hassle. They are portable, in the sense they are really rugged and can be put in laptop packs, etc. But they don't fold flat, so if space is super premium they're not your best bet.post #6 of 79/24/12 at 5:33pmpost #7 of 79/24/12 at 5:51pm
Denon Exercise Freak - check them out
I personally use my Bose Triport for full headphones for gym. They work for a couple of reasons. (Don't shoot me down for this).
Simple, sleek design, very lightweight. Good isolation and driven by any DAP. Clamping force is decent - not too tight, but not loose at all. Lift weights or plyo - it works.
They have an accentuated mid-bass kick, little to no sub-bass. Although it works out fine at the gym - my D2000's sub-bass doesn't always work out the best at the gym due to all the other noise. Sometimes with the gym's own speakers. Human sensitivity-frequency curve.
The mids are definitely up front - which works nicely with other people talking near you.
They could be an option if you can find them cheap, the main reason for recommending them. They look really flimsy, but my pair has still put up with me for the past 3 years. It just works in the gym.
Sound wise, they are OK and their signature actually helps them in a gym environment. When I'm tired of wearing the heavy HE-500, or D2000, I usually go the Bose for comfort and they sound okay. Although at home I use them only to watch shows and not music. Terrible for music in comparison to my other phones. Although at the gym, it works out.
So if you want something cheap, you can find them locally for sure. No waiting time.
- Mad Dogs too good to be a gym headphone?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 23 seconds ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO Factory Tour 2016 3 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 7 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 7 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 8 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 8 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 8 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by getclikinagas
- › Yulong U100 by Spork67
- › Schiit Audio Bifrost DAC by bosiemoncrieff
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by flinkenick
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...