- 1,221 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: Savannah, GA
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- 2nd PRICE DROP: Beyerdynamic DT880 / DT990 OBO Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Closed headphones for music + gaming? Last post on 10/16/12 at 5:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- University Cans - $450 Last post on 9/24/12 at 3:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need advice on headphones to compliment my Q701. (<200$) Last post on 9/6/12 at 5:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Could a modded T50rp best an HD650 (or come close to an LCD-2)? Last post on 5/22/13 at 4:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
When I listen to these Headphones I always think to Polygamy. That is because I am already in love for another Headphone but I am also attracted by these Liberate. They are not exactly my kind...
I actually have, believe it or not, two sets of the A8 earphones. I bought the first one at a B&O store; someone bought a car and the earphones came as a gift. He didn't care for them, so he gave...
I have tested all JBL BT Headphones. I am not even sure why. These are the ONLY one which is worth considering if you look for a good sound. But NOT for the actual price of $270, EVER. They...
If I would have to choose between these and the JBL E40, I would probably kill myself. But in case I am of particularly good mood I would choose these. They do not have much better SQ but have...
When I first reviewed these Headphones some time ago in Amazon, I did not yet tried so many BT Headphones. Somehow I like them more now, specially because their much cheaper price (actually...
Mad Dogs too good to be a gym headphone?post #1 of 79/16/12 at 9:45pmThread StarterI'm thrilled with my HE500 and am totally in love with the ortho sound. I'm wondering if Mad Dogs could work as a gym/portable can as long as I shortened the cable. Thoughts?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 79/17/12 at 8:26amQuote:
I highly doubt it. The Fostex T50RPs are pretty bulky, and even with the headband mod on the Mad Dogs, I don't see them staying on your head very long. You could try a "wireless" mod where you have a super short cable hooked to a iPod shuffle or Sansa Clip or something. The problem with that is you won't be getting the most out of the Mad Dogs.
All in all, I wouldn't recommend it. It's fairly large, doesn't sit well, not to mention you'll probably sweat something fierce. I would recommend something simple, like the Koss KSC75 for the gym or something...I use mine when exercising and can't complain much.
Hope this helps!
PS: I suppose if you're just doing weight lifting, it "could" work...still wouldn't recommend it though...post #3 of 79/20/12 at 11:13amQuote:
I would suggest a Beyer DT1350, or if cost is a problem, a Senn. HD25-II. The split headband is what you'll need. All of my headphones have norrmal headbands and they fall off.
Not to mention the 1350s probably sound better than the Mad Dogs and are easier to drive..post #4 of 79/20/12 at 11:30ampost #5 of 79/24/12 at 4:22pm
Hi... I just came across this, sorry for the slow response.
I would not use this in the gym, they aren't made for that kind of use and would probably be a hassle. They are portable, in the sense they are really rugged and can be put in laptop packs, etc. But they don't fold flat, so if space is super premium they're not your best bet.post #6 of 79/24/12 at 5:33pmpost #7 of 79/24/12 at 5:51pm
Denon Exercise Freak - check them out
I personally use my Bose Triport for full headphones for gym. They work for a couple of reasons. (Don't shoot me down for this).
Simple, sleek design, very lightweight. Good isolation and driven by any DAP. Clamping force is decent - not too tight, but not loose at all. Lift weights or plyo - it works.
They have an accentuated mid-bass kick, little to no sub-bass. Although it works out fine at the gym - my D2000's sub-bass doesn't always work out the best at the gym due to all the other noise. Sometimes with the gym's own speakers. Human sensitivity-frequency curve.
The mids are definitely up front - which works nicely with other people talking near you.
They could be an option if you can find them cheap, the main reason for recommending them. They look really flimsy, but my pair has still put up with me for the past 3 years. It just works in the gym.
Sound wise, they are OK and their signature actually helps them in a gym environment. When I'm tired of wearing the heavy HE-500, or D2000, I usually go the Bose for comfort and they sound okay. Although at home I use them only to watch shows and not music. Terrible for music in comparison to my other phones. Although at the gym, it works out.
So if you want something cheap, you can find them locally for sure. No waiting time.
- Mad Dogs too good to be a gym headphone?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions 8 seconds ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 57 seconds ago
- › Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs) 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 + OPPO HA1? 3 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 4 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)