List some headphones that can be considered ugly/strange/funny looking but actually have a very good sound
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD1tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productFischer Audio fa 011tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado GS1000tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productKoss Pro-4AA Studio Quality Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productMonoprice 8320 IEMtagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSony MDR-Z1000tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on Today at 1:55 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- does anyone still love their ps1000? Last post on 2/21/14 at 5:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost-no-object cans Last post on 1/28/11 at 4:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Headphones Order Last post on 9/11/10 at 8:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was surprised to see only a single review for this player, so figured I'd throw my hat into the ring. I owned this player for about a year until it was stolen (along with an entire...
I have had the opportunity to review a few inexpensive MP3 players recently and have generally been quite impressed with many of them as they clearly appear to put sound quality before pretty much...
WHAT MAKES THESE TUBE AMPS SPECIAL?Okay, so every audiophile or audio enthusiast I've met wants one of these and there is certainly a reason for it. Besides the fact that this thing just sounds...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to checking out an exciting new entry to FiiO's expanding earphone lineup, the F1. FiiO really needs no introduction given that their audio equipment has grown...
iFi Audio Micro iDSD Black Label Intro I have received Black Label from iFi company as part of the review tour, in exchange for my honest opinion You can find specification...
The Ugly Headphone Ducklingpost #1 of 179/16/12 at 8:07pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 179/16/12 at 8:11pmpost #3 of 179/16/12 at 8:15pmpost #4 of 179/16/12 at 8:20pmThread Starter
Can be either.
Speaking of that. I think the Beats are pretty ugly along with all of Skullcandy phones.post #5 of 179/16/12 at 8:25pmpost #6 of 179/16/12 at 8:27pmpost #7 of 179/16/12 at 8:32pmQuote:
Whaaat? The ZX700/Z1000's are some of the most beautiful headphones out there.
Definitely agree with the HD800's though. And basically any headphone that has wooden cups (Denons are the exception).post #8 of 179/16/12 at 8:37pmpost #9 of 179/16/12 at 8:38pmThread StarterQuote:
They aren't near beautiful but I like their retro look.post #10 of 179/16/12 at 8:57pmQuote:The yoke ruined it for me. Hate what it did to the look.
And as for wooden cups, I believe you forgot Audio Technica. The majority of ATs cups look nicer than Denon's (stock wooden Denon cups) if you ask me.post #11 of 179/16/12 at 9:14pmpost #12 of 179/16/12 at 10:13pmQuote:
You're right, I did! While I don't like all the Audio Technica wood cups, I do think the ESW9's and 10's are all sorts of classy.post #13 of 179/17/12 at 12:03amThread StarterQuote:
What about the FA 011? It's pretty fancy looking and it has wood cups. To me it looks AKG'ishpost #14 of 179/17/12 at 6:06am
- The Ugly Headphone Duckling
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread. 7 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 57 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 1 minute ago
- › Audioquest Dragonfly Black 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Wanted: Schiit Gungnir Multibit (aka Gumby) 7 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 8 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 8 minutes ago
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › BENJIE K9 8G APE/FLAC/WAV High Sound Quality Entry-level Lossless... by Peddler
- › Darkvoice 336SE by SOULSIK
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by B9Scrambler
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by OSiRiSsk
- › Brainwavz Jive by ezekiel77
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by Cinder
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by EZE99
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by PinkyPowers
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear