List some headphones that can be considered ugly/strange/funny looking but actually have a very good sound
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD1tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productFischer Audio fa 011tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado GS1000tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productKoss Pro-4AA Studio Quality Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productMonoprice 8320 IEMtagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSony MDR-Z1000tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on Today at 5:27 am in Headphones (full-size)
- does anyone still love their ps1000? Last post on 4/27/13 at 9:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost-no-object cans Last post on 1/28/11 at 4:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Headphones Order Last post on 9/11/10 at 8:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
AK120 I feel like there is an epidemic looming over the heads of most Hi-Fi audio music player designers. Most just can't seem to get it right and so few end up with a solid...
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
The Ugly Headphone Ducklingpost #1 of 169/16/12 at 8:07pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 169/16/12 at 8:11pmpost #3 of 169/16/12 at 8:15pmpost #4 of 169/16/12 at 8:20pmThread Starter
Can be either.
Speaking of that. I think the Beats are pretty ugly along with all of Skullcandy phones.post #5 of 169/16/12 at 8:25pmpost #6 of 169/16/12 at 8:27pmpost #7 of 169/16/12 at 8:32pmQuote:
Whaaat? The ZX700/Z1000's are some of the most beautiful headphones out there.
Definitely agree with the HD800's though. And basically any headphone that has wooden cups (Denons are the exception).post #8 of 169/16/12 at 8:37pmpost #9 of 169/16/12 at 8:38pmThread StarterQuote:
They aren't near beautiful but I like their retro look.post #10 of 169/16/12 at 8:57pmQuote:The yoke ruined it for me. Hate what it did to the look.
And as for wooden cups, I believe you forgot Audio Technica. The majority of ATs cups look nicer than Denon's (stock wooden Denon cups) if you ask me.post #11 of 169/16/12 at 9:14pmpost #12 of 169/16/12 at 10:13pmQuote:
You're right, I did! While I don't like all the Audio Technica wood cups, I do think the ESW9's and 10's are all sorts of classy.post #13 of 169/17/12 at 12:03amThread StarterQuote:
What about the FA 011? It's pretty fancy looking and it has wood cups. To me it looks AKG'ishpost #14 of 169/17/12 at 6:06am
- The Ugly Headphone Duckling
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 10 seconds ago
- › Audition Darth Beyer 14 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 36 seconds ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 47 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret 1 minute ago
- › KEF M500/M200 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Ranking of 17 DACs and DAC Configurations 5 minutes ago
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 6 minutes ago
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe