List some headphones that can be considered ugly/strange/funny looking but actually have a very good sound
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD1tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productFischer Audio fa 011tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado GS1000tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productKoss Pro-4AA Studio Quality Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productMonoprice 8320 IEMtagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSony MDR-Z1000tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 7/24/16 at 3:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- does anyone still love their ps1000? Last post on 2/21/14 at 5:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost-no-object cans Last post on 1/28/11 at 4:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Headphones Order Last post on 9/11/10 at 8:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
The Ugly Headphone Ducklingpost #1 of 169/16/12 at 8:07pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 169/16/12 at 8:11pmpost #3 of 169/16/12 at 8:15pmpost #4 of 169/16/12 at 8:20pmThread Starter
Can be either.
Speaking of that. I think the Beats are pretty ugly along with all of Skullcandy phones.post #5 of 169/16/12 at 8:25pmpost #6 of 169/16/12 at 8:27pmpost #7 of 169/16/12 at 8:32pmQuote:
Whaaat? The ZX700/Z1000's are some of the most beautiful headphones out there.
Definitely agree with the HD800's though. And basically any headphone that has wooden cups (Denons are the exception).post #8 of 169/16/12 at 8:37pmpost #9 of 169/16/12 at 8:38pmThread StarterQuote:
They aren't near beautiful but I like their retro look.post #10 of 169/16/12 at 8:57pmQuote:The yoke ruined it for me. Hate what it did to the look.
And as for wooden cups, I believe you forgot Audio Technica. The majority of ATs cups look nicer than Denon's (stock wooden Denon cups) if you ask me.post #11 of 169/16/12 at 9:14pmpost #12 of 169/16/12 at 10:13pmQuote:
You're right, I did! While I don't like all the Audio Technica wood cups, I do think the ESW9's and 10's are all sorts of classy.post #13 of 169/17/12 at 12:03amThread StarterQuote:
What about the FA 011? It's pretty fancy looking and it has wood cups. To me it looks AKG'ishpost #14 of 169/17/12 at 6:06am
- The Ugly Headphone Duckling
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 1 minute ago
- › Nuforce Hem8 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 6 minutes ago
- › De'Mun / Bengkel Macro 7 minutes ago
- › The Opamp thread 10 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 10 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...