List some headphones that can be considered ugly/strange/funny looking but actually have a very good sound
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD1tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productFischer Audio fa 011tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado GS1000tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productKoss Pro-4AA Studio Quality Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productMonoprice 8320 IEMtagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSony MDR-Z1000tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 4/16/16 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- does anyone still love their ps1000? Last post on 2/21/14 at 5:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost-no-object cans Last post on 1/28/11 at 4:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Headphones Order Last post on 9/11/10 at 8:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
After deciding that I’d need about $1K to get the sound I was after, I was getting frustrated with the IEM world. After all, I could just buy the OPPO PM3 for $400, call it a day, and deal with the...
Introduction I've been writing many reviews for local audiophile sites of my country so I decided to write one for head-fi too. Subject is Ostry KC06. (a.k.a Giant Slayer) Sources used: LG...
Obravo erib-2a Review April 2016 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sources used: Sony ZX1 Walkman, HP X360 Spectre with MS Win 10 laptop, Tag...
Note: MusicTeck graciously provided the Miracle and Maestro samples for review. Originally published at CYMBACAVUM. Based in New Jersey, MusicTeck is an official distributor for some of the...
I've only had these headphones for a few days, so these can be considered preliminary impressions. Using Spotify Extreme with Equalify plugin -> Schiit Bifrost Multibit -> Violectric V200 ->...
The Ugly Headphone Ducklingpost #1 of 169/16/12 at 8:07pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 169/16/12 at 8:11pmpost #3 of 169/16/12 at 8:15pmpost #4 of 169/16/12 at 8:20pmThread Starter
Can be either.
Speaking of that. I think the Beats are pretty ugly along with all of Skullcandy phones.post #5 of 169/16/12 at 8:25pmpost #6 of 169/16/12 at 8:27pmpost #7 of 169/16/12 at 8:32pmQuote:
Whaaat? The ZX700/Z1000's are some of the most beautiful headphones out there.
Definitely agree with the HD800's though. And basically any headphone that has wooden cups (Denons are the exception).post #8 of 169/16/12 at 8:37pmpost #9 of 169/16/12 at 8:38pmThread StarterQuote:
They aren't near beautiful but I like their retro look.post #10 of 169/16/12 at 8:57pmQuote:The yoke ruined it for me. Hate what it did to the look.
And as for wooden cups, I believe you forgot Audio Technica. The majority of ATs cups look nicer than Denon's (stock wooden Denon cups) if you ask me.post #11 of 169/16/12 at 9:14pmpost #12 of 169/16/12 at 10:13pmQuote:
You're right, I did! While I don't like all the Audio Technica wood cups, I do think the ESW9's and 10's are all sorts of classy.post #13 of 169/17/12 at 12:03amThread StarterQuote:
What about the FA 011? It's pretty fancy looking and it has wood cups. To me it looks AKG'ishpost #14 of 169/17/12 at 6:06am
- The Ugly Headphone Duckling
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread 3 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 18 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 38 seconds ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 59 seconds ago
- › Headphone Out vs Line Out Impedance 1 minute ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 4 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 5 minutes ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir by Aornic
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Aerosphere
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by FortisFlyer75
- › Unique Melody UM Maestro 12 driver IEM by shotgunshane
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Kon Peki
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by k4rstar
- › Campfire Audio Orion by emptymt
- › 64 Audio (1964 Ears) ADEL U6 by Brooko
- › Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones by Docjitters
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse