List some headphones that can be considered ugly/strange/funny looking but actually have a very good sound
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productAudeze LCD1tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productFischer Audio fa 011tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado GS1000tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productKoss Pro-4AA Studio Quality Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productMonoprice 8320 IEMtagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 9/17/12More
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productSony MDR-Z1000tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 12/4/16 at 10:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- does anyone still love their ps1000? Last post on 2/21/14 at 5:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost-no-object cans Last post on 1/28/11 at 4:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Headphones Order Last post on 9/11/10 at 8:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: HRT Model: microStreamer Price: $169 at amazon.com Volume Control: Digitally-activated analog attenuator, no volume control on unit itself.Power Connector: USB, mini...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDSDPrice: $499 at musicdirect.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob (On/Off)Power Connector: USB 3.0 Male, USB 3.0...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: Chord Electronics Limited U.K.Model: MojoPrice: $599 at moon-audio.com Volume Control: One “+” and one “-” volume ball button.Power Connector: USB, Micro BBattery Life:...
*This review comes from my Portable Amp / Dac Shootout.Posted as a reference for users. For the full review, see: [[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: Resonessence LabsModel: CONCERO HPPrice: $850...
The Ugly Headphone Ducklingpost #1 of 179/16/12 at 8:07pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 179/16/12 at 8:11pmpost #3 of 179/16/12 at 8:15pmpost #4 of 179/16/12 at 8:20pmThread Starter
Can be either.
Speaking of that. I think the Beats are pretty ugly along with all of Skullcandy phones.post #5 of 179/16/12 at 8:25pmpost #6 of 179/16/12 at 8:27pmpost #7 of 179/16/12 at 8:32pmQuote:
Whaaat? The ZX700/Z1000's are some of the most beautiful headphones out there.
Definitely agree with the HD800's though. And basically any headphone that has wooden cups (Denons are the exception).post #8 of 179/16/12 at 8:37pmpost #9 of 179/16/12 at 8:38pmThread StarterQuote:
They aren't near beautiful but I like their retro look.post #10 of 179/16/12 at 8:57pmQuote:The yoke ruined it for me. Hate what it did to the look.
And as for wooden cups, I believe you forgot Audio Technica. The majority of ATs cups look nicer than Denon's (stock wooden Denon cups) if you ask me.post #11 of 179/16/12 at 9:14pmpost #12 of 179/16/12 at 10:13pmQuote:
You're right, I did! While I don't like all the Audio Technica wood cups, I do think the ESW9's and 10's are all sorts of classy.post #13 of 179/17/12 at 12:03amThread StarterQuote:
What about the FA 011? It's pretty fancy looking and it has wood cups. To me it looks AKG'ishpost #14 of 179/17/12 at 6:06am
- The Ugly Headphone Duckling
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Grado e Series 7 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 17 seconds ago
- › Very disappointed in ATH-M50x. Looking for neutral closed back... 51 seconds ago
- › Introducing a high quality Bluetooth "Wireless" cable from LEAR! 1 minute ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 3 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 3 minutes ago
- › Connect speakers to my amp/dac 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HM901S New Flagship DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 6 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear