- 4 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- ATH M50, ATH-PRO700MK2,V-moda crossfade lp2, or the ultrasone 580/780? Last post on 11/29/12 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need for Comfortable, Good Sounding, Bassy Headphones (Under $150) Last post on 11/16/12 at 3:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything better then the mth- M50s or equally as good for less money? Last post on 9/27/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for J-rock / J-pop (anisongs) Last post on 1/18/13 at 9:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading from Audio Technica ATH-M50, suggestions needed. Last post on 9/20/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
NOTE: This is my first review and I'm a budding audio enthusiast. This is no pro review, just a newb trying to put audio nuances to words. These are my first pair of Balanced Armatures and I am...
Background In about 1990, when Joseph Grado was designing his HMP-1 Holographic Scalera Scanner (perfectly-matched pair of microphones for recording), he needed some detailed, neutral...
Creative's Sound Blaster E1 If you want to cover your bases with a do-all headphone accessory, the E1 is a good start. Affordable, well featured, inexpensive, the E1 is Creative's entry-level...
Firstly like to thank Chuck from 1964 Ears for organising the Pendulumic Stance S1+ headphones for this review. Pendulumic is a relatively new company in the headphone world, and...
Introduction: RHA is a fairly new audio company that has made quite a splash recently with their MA750 and T10 IEMs. RHA has recently announced their new T20 IEM which is due to be released...
Headphones between $100-$200post #1 of 109/16/12 at 7:46pmThread StarterIve had the ATH- M50's for a couple months and they were stolen so now I need a new pair. I'm a noob when it comes to headphones but I like how the M50's sound except I wish the bass was a lot more boom to it. So I pretty much want to know what headphones are better and sound clear but with more intense bass like a subwoofer almost but it doesn't drowned out the vocals and other sounds. I mostly listen to rap and hip hop and some rock
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 109/16/12 at 7:49pmpost #3 of 109/16/12 at 7:52pmpost #4 of 109/16/12 at 7:59pmpost #5 of 109/16/12 at 8:08pmThread Starterpost #6 of 109/16/12 at 8:10pmpost #7 of 109/17/12 at 3:53pmThread Starterpost #8 of 109/17/12 at 4:22pmQuote:
The 770s are going to be closer to the M50s in terms of clarity, the 580s however will have more of that subwoofer sound you're after. I personally prefer the HFI-780s, they're more refined compared with the 580s... a step up in SQ.post #9 of 109/17/12 at 4:55pmThread Starterpost #10 of 109/17/12 at 9:59pm
I would google "HFI 780 vs 580" (same for the dt770) to get a bunch of opinions. I've never heard the 580s. The 780s hit very hard in the bass though. Very clean an tight sounding, nothing muddy about them. I believe the 580s have more quantity with less quality. I'm probably wrong though having never heard them before.
- Headphones between $100-$200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Asus Xonar U7 DAC/AMP Appreciation & Impressions Thread 2 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 13 seconds ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › What's a good DAC for my DarkVoice 336SE ? 1 minute ago
- › How to Compare Headphones - Factoring out loudness 2 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › The EU deals thread! 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)