- 4 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- ATH M50, ATH-PRO700MK2,V-moda crossfade lp2, or the ultrasone 580/780? Last post on 11/29/12 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need for Comfortable, Good Sounding, Bassy Headphones (Under $150) Last post on 11/16/12 at 3:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything better then the mth- M50s or equally as good for less money? Last post on 9/27/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for J-rock / J-pop (anisongs) Last post on 1/18/13 at 9:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading from Audio Technica ATH-M50, suggestions needed. Last post on 9/20/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
Headphones between $100-$200post #1 of 109/16/12 at 7:46pmThread StarterIve had the ATH- M50's for a couple months and they were stolen so now I need a new pair. I'm a noob when it comes to headphones but I like how the M50's sound except I wish the bass was a lot more boom to it. So I pretty much want to know what headphones are better and sound clear but with more intense bass like a subwoofer almost but it doesn't drowned out the vocals and other sounds. I mostly listen to rap and hip hop and some rock
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 109/16/12 at 7:49pmpost #3 of 109/16/12 at 7:52pmpost #4 of 109/16/12 at 7:59pmpost #5 of 109/16/12 at 8:08pmThread Starterpost #6 of 109/16/12 at 8:10pmpost #7 of 109/17/12 at 3:53pmThread Starterpost #8 of 109/17/12 at 4:22pmQuote:
The 770s are going to be closer to the M50s in terms of clarity, the 580s however will have more of that subwoofer sound you're after. I personally prefer the HFI-780s, they're more refined compared with the 580s... a step up in SQ.post #9 of 109/17/12 at 4:55pmThread Starterpost #10 of 109/17/12 at 9:59pm
I would google "HFI 780 vs 580" (same for the dt770) to get a bunch of opinions. I've never heard the 580s. The 780s hit very hard in the bass though. Very clean an tight sounding, nothing muddy about them. I believe the 580s have more quantity with less quality. I'm probably wrong though having never heard them before.
- Headphones between $100-$200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 4 seconds ago
- › ABX test - Cannot hear difference between MP3/DSD... 6 seconds ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 7 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 21 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 5 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 6 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear