- 4 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- ATH M50, ATH-PRO700MK2,V-moda crossfade lp2, or the ultrasone 580/780? Last post on 11/29/12 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need for Comfortable, Good Sounding, Bassy Headphones (Under $150) Last post on 11/16/12 at 3:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything better then the mth- M50s or equally as good for less money? Last post on 9/27/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for J-rock / J-pop (anisongs) Last post on 1/18/13 at 9:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading from Audio Technica ATH-M50, suggestions needed. Last post on 9/20/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is pretty much the same weightless, rickety, tiny player apparently offered by Kogan, lRiver, Ritmix, etc. It comes nicely boxed with a soft pouch, USB cable, and nice looking (if...
Aune M2 Pro Review Intro : Since the past few years I had kept myself away from trying out any new DAPs or audio gear since I was pretty satisfied with my Fiio X5 (1st gen) and Sansa Clip...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Totem Paco (FE-131) is a newly released earphone from Fischer Audio. They’re small, built well and sound good. Want to know more? Read on. Below is the...
Headphones between $100-$200post #1 of 109/16/12 at 7:46pmThread StarterIve had the ATH- M50's for a couple months and they were stolen so now I need a new pair. I'm a noob when it comes to headphones but I like how the M50's sound except I wish the bass was a lot more boom to it. So I pretty much want to know what headphones are better and sound clear but with more intense bass like a subwoofer almost but it doesn't drowned out the vocals and other sounds. I mostly listen to rap and hip hop and some rock
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 109/16/12 at 7:49pmpost #3 of 109/16/12 at 7:52pmpost #4 of 109/16/12 at 7:59pmpost #5 of 109/16/12 at 8:08pmThread Starterpost #6 of 109/16/12 at 8:10pmpost #7 of 109/17/12 at 3:53pmThread Starterpost #8 of 109/17/12 at 4:22pmQuote:
The 770s are going to be closer to the M50s in terms of clarity, the 580s however will have more of that subwoofer sound you're after. I personally prefer the HFI-780s, they're more refined compared with the 580s... a step up in SQ.post #9 of 109/17/12 at 4:55pmThread Starterpost #10 of 109/17/12 at 9:59pm
I would google "HFI 780 vs 580" (same for the dt770) to get a bunch of opinions. I've never heard the 580s. The 780s hit very hard in the bass though. Very clean an tight sounding, nothing muddy about them. I believe the 580s have more quantity with less quality. I'm probably wrong though having never heard them before.
- Headphones between $100-$200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Like New Martin Logan 35XT Bookshelf Speakers (pair) Gloss... 36 seconds ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload ! 47 seconds ago
- › Shanling M5 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-WM1 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › MSB Analog DAC? (Review p3) 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA 3 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Oriolus Hybrid IEM 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 5 minutes ago
- › Basic M90 by Lad3
- › Aune M2 32BIT DSD portable music player by Faheem
- › Westone MMCX Bluetooth Cable, 78548 by twister6
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Cayin i5 by cleg
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...