- 4 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- ATH M50, ATH-PRO700MK2,V-moda crossfade lp2, or the ultrasone 580/780? Last post on 11/29/12 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need for Comfortable, Good Sounding, Bassy Headphones (Under $150) Last post on 11/16/12 at 3:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything better then the mth- M50s or equally as good for less money? Last post on 9/27/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for J-rock / J-pop (anisongs) Last post on 1/18/13 at 9:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading from Audio Technica ATH-M50, suggestions needed. Last post on 9/20/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is my first review and it's going to be brief...Never in my life have I been so damn impressed with an audio product (I have a bunch) than I am with my Custom K10's!!! There is not 1 thing...
INTRODUCTION Hello again guys, I am Areek Nibras, a junior Head-fier and a recently graduated physician from Bangladesh, currently doing post-graduation training in Internal medicine. Today I will...
I picked up these for my wife. I thought that since she is more of an average listener (not too concerned with audio), the V-shaped sound might be acceptable or even preferred. I gave them a listen...
I got to listen to these for a couple weeks as part of the USA tour, with the requirement that I write a review and pay to ship them to the next participant. I am not affiliated with, and was not...
Introduction: I have had the chance to listen to the HD800 a few times at local Head-Fi meets. However, I have never got a good chance to listen to them, either the person who owned them...
Headphones between $100-$200post #1 of 109/16/12 at 7:46pmThread StarterIve had the ATH- M50's for a couple months and they were stolen so now I need a new pair. I'm a noob when it comes to headphones but I like how the M50's sound except I wish the bass was a lot more boom to it. So I pretty much want to know what headphones are better and sound clear but with more intense bass like a subwoofer almost but it doesn't drowned out the vocals and other sounds. I mostly listen to rap and hip hop and some rock
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 109/16/12 at 7:49pmpost #3 of 109/16/12 at 7:52pmpost #4 of 109/16/12 at 7:59pmpost #5 of 109/16/12 at 8:08pmThread Starterpost #6 of 109/16/12 at 8:10pmpost #7 of 109/17/12 at 3:53pmThread Starterpost #8 of 109/17/12 at 4:22pmQuote:
The 770s are going to be closer to the M50s in terms of clarity, the 580s however will have more of that subwoofer sound you're after. I personally prefer the HFI-780s, they're more refined compared with the 580s... a step up in SQ.post #9 of 109/17/12 at 4:55pmThread Starterpost #10 of 109/17/12 at 9:59pm
I would google "HFI 780 vs 580" (same for the dt770) to get a bunch of opinions. I've never heard the 580s. The 780s hit very hard in the bass though. Very clean an tight sounding, nothing muddy about them. I believe the 580s have more quantity with less quality. I'm probably wrong though having never heard them before.
- Headphones between $100-$200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Schiit Owners Unite 11 seconds ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 38 seconds ago
- › Gustard H10 with Singles&Duals Burson V5 Discrete Op-amps (17v... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › WA22 let's roll some tubes (Done Mod, Burnning-in) 3 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › K10U Black & Rose Gold 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics VE Zen 2.0 impressions and discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by areek
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › X-18 D2 - Sundown Audio 18" Dual 2-Ohm X-Series Subwoofer by RockeyDA
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse