- 4 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/17/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 9/17/12
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 9/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- ATH M50, ATH-PRO700MK2,V-moda crossfade lp2, or the ultrasone 580/780? Last post on 11/29/12 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need for Comfortable, Good Sounding, Bassy Headphones (Under $150) Last post on 11/16/12 at 3:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything better then the mth- M50s or equally as good for less money? Last post on 9/27/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for J-rock / J-pop (anisongs) Last post on 1/18/13 at 9:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading from Audio Technica ATH-M50, suggestions needed. Last post on 9/20/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Acknowledgment Thank you HiFiMAN for providing this review unit on loan in exchange for my honest opinion.Introduction HiFiMAN has been around a long time now. They’ve gone from bargain OEM...
INTRO:- Shozy, A brand that hails from HongKong, going strong since 2012, better known for their amplifiers, DAPs and DACs has the mighty popular Shozy Alien that looks, sounds and...
1) Disclaimer: A big thanks to Charles and Burson for offering me a review sample of the V5i dual op-amps in exchange for my honest opinion on them. No other compensation was offered or implied....
Being a tester and owner of many digital portable players , I had to participate to the head-fi review tour for Soundaware, especially since all the players of the brand have interested me for...
Unboxing and Packaging The ShareMe 5 arrived in a box that looks similar to the ShareMe Pro, but thicker. The packing inside is slightly nicer looking. The plastic container holding the...
Headphones between $100-$200post #1 of 109/16/12 at 7:46pmThread StarterIve had the ATH- M50's for a couple months and they were stolen so now I need a new pair. I'm a noob when it comes to headphones but I like how the M50's sound except I wish the bass was a lot more boom to it. So I pretty much want to know what headphones are better and sound clear but with more intense bass like a subwoofer almost but it doesn't drowned out the vocals and other sounds. I mostly listen to rap and hip hop and some rock
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 109/16/12 at 7:49pmpost #3 of 109/16/12 at 7:52pmpost #4 of 109/16/12 at 7:59pmpost #5 of 109/16/12 at 8:08pmThread Starterpost #6 of 109/16/12 at 8:10pmpost #7 of 109/17/12 at 3:53pmThread Starterpost #8 of 109/17/12 at 4:22pmQuote:
The 770s are going to be closer to the M50s in terms of clarity, the 580s however will have more of that subwoofer sound you're after. I personally prefer the HFI-780s, they're more refined compared with the 580s... a step up in SQ.post #9 of 109/17/12 at 4:55pmThread Starterpost #10 of 109/17/12 at 9:59pm
I would google "HFI 780 vs 580" (same for the dt770) to get a bunch of opinions. I've never heard the 580s. The 780s hit very hard in the bass though. Very clean an tight sounding, nothing muddy about them. I believe the 580s have more quantity with less quality. I'm probably wrong though having never heard them before.
- Headphones between $100-$200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Ayre QX-5 Twenty "Digital Hub" DAC/ Headphone Amp - First Listen! 32 seconds ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 1 minute ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Soundaware Esther by Fabaaroan
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by pkshiu
- › iBasso IT03 by sonickarma
- › Jomo Audio Samba Pro CIEM by sonickarma
- › Elephone Whisper by mark2410
- › OPPO PM-1 by maxh22
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by rebbi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...