It's a pretty simple question, no need to argue, or say which IEM's are the best, or get into any burn-in debates. I was just wondering if most people picked different sounding IEM's for different genres or different moods, or if most people picked a certain sound signature and stuck with it for everything. Do you have a bassy IEM and a neutral/analytical one, or just something in the middle for everything? Or maybe your'e just a basshead and like everything with a 16db bass boost? Lets see.....
- productAudio Technica ATH-CKM500 BK | Inner Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productDenon AH-C710 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- productEtymotic MC5tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productHisoundaudio Golden Crystaltagged by System, 9/19/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- productSennheiser IE80tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 9/19/12More
- productVSONIC GR01tagged by System, 9/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Recommend me a good IEM without an AMP and etc. Last post on 9/16/12 at 10:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yet another "best IEM for ~€120 ($150)" thread Last post on 11/2/12 at 5:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thievery! Last post on 9/28/12 at 9:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Having trouble choosing, need an upgrade Last post on 9/14/12 at 4:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Do you own various sound signatures or stick to one?
Poll Results: Do you own IEM's with various different signatures or one(s) with all the same sound?
72% (29)Different IEM's for different genres/moods
27% (11)one sound signature or one IEM all the time
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I used to be a one safe signature for everything kind of listener. I used to always want a sound that was just natural(not specifically neutral), that worked well for everything. I used to only use or even own one headphone or IEM at a time. I would always sell off the old headphone or IEM when I got something new. I was happy like that for a while, then I began to realize that maybe my metal music would sound better with something less bassy and more resolving. So the search was on for something neutral. Upon getting these neutral IEM's I quickly realized than neutral works well for everything, and absolutely 100% perfect for some genres. I also realized that although my neutral sounding IEM works perfectly fine for electronic music, I sometimes missed the extra bass for this genre in particular. So, now I finally realize why some people may want to own IEM's that sound different.
I'll be using my neutral sounding IEM's for about 90% or my listening, and my bassier sounding IEM with electronic music when I'm craving the bass.
There are also usability considerations. I use my Lune recabled TF10 while commuting for the noise isolation and cable ergonomics..
My ER4 gets most of my headtime in the office, but I do like switching over to the smoother IE80 when fatigue sets in.
Listening to some Purity Ring on my GR01(my neutral IEM), I could definitely live with these as my only IEM, but the Brookstone dual driver DDM clones are a bit more fun with this album. To bad the Brookstones isolate like ibuds.
I try to have a rotational scheme between my iems... haha!
My CKM500's are definitely jealous of my GR01. Actually they are jealous of my Brookstone DDM clones too right now.
Too Many to List...
My Top 4 of All Time !!!
Etymotic ER-4B for Binaural Recordings
Etymotic ER-4S for Serious Monitoring
Etymotic ER-4PT for Party TYME
and last but not least...
Etymotic MC5 with the NRB Mod for CRANKIN IT UP !!!
All others just sit there looking longingly at my ears.
Edited by AstroTurf - 9/17/12 at 9:36am
- Do you own various sound signatures or stick to one?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Perfect conditon ibasso DX50 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 4 minutes ago
- › Grado SR325e with Dragonfly? 5 minutes ago
- › Review + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 5 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 6 minutes ago
- › Liquid Gold - 2014 7 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)