It's a pretty simple question, no need to argue, or say which IEM's are the best, or get into any burn-in debates. I was just wondering if most people picked different sounding IEM's for different genres or different moods, or if most people picked a certain sound signature and stuck with it for everything. Do you have a bassy IEM and a neutral/analytical one, or just something in the middle for everything? Or maybe your'e just a basshead and like everything with a 16db bass boost? Lets see.....
- productAudio Technica ATH-CKM500 BK | Inner Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productDenon AH-C710 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- productEtymotic MC5tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productHiSoundAudio Golden Crystaltagged by System, 9/19/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- productSennheiser IE80tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 9/19/12More
- productVSONIC GR01tagged by System, 9/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Recommend me a good IEM without an AMP and etc. Last post on 9/16/12 at 10:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yet another "best IEM for ~€120 ($150)" thread Last post on 11/2/12 at 5:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thievery! Last post on 9/28/12 at 9:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Having trouble choosing, need an upgrade Last post on 9/14/12 at 4:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
PACKAGING : Earphones cames with a nice little box and 2 pair of white foamies (1 pair of donut and 1 pair of classic covered). I’m always using donuts one since it provides some slightly more...
First I’d like to thank Salsera and Brainwavz for sending me a review sample of the S5. Brainwavz are a brand that I am quite familiar with. They have many IEMs that are often praised on Head-Fi...
This is a Review of FiiO E11k portable headphone amplifier. http://www.fiio.com.cn/products/index.aspx?ID=100000060416193&MenuID=105026001, available from FiiO's US distributor MICCA Store:...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Do you own various sound signatures or stick to one?
Poll Results: Do you own IEM's with various different signatures or one(s) with all the same sound?
72% (29)Different IEM's for different genres/moods
27% (11)one sound signature or one IEM all the time
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I used to be a one safe signature for everything kind of listener. I used to always want a sound that was just natural(not specifically neutral), that worked well for everything. I used to only use or even own one headphone or IEM at a time. I would always sell off the old headphone or IEM when I got something new. I was happy like that for a while, then I began to realize that maybe my metal music would sound better with something less bassy and more resolving. So the search was on for something neutral. Upon getting these neutral IEM's I quickly realized than neutral works well for everything, and absolutely 100% perfect for some genres. I also realized that although my neutral sounding IEM works perfectly fine for electronic music, I sometimes missed the extra bass for this genre in particular. So, now I finally realize why some people may want to own IEM's that sound different.
I'll be using my neutral sounding IEM's for about 90% or my listening, and my bassier sounding IEM with electronic music when I'm craving the bass.
There are also usability considerations. I use my Lune recabled TF10 while commuting for the noise isolation and cable ergonomics..
My ER4 gets most of my headtime in the office, but I do like switching over to the smoother IE80 when fatigue sets in.
Listening to some Purity Ring on my GR01(my neutral IEM), I could definitely live with these as my only IEM, but the Brookstone dual driver DDM clones are a bit more fun with this album. To bad the Brookstones isolate like ibuds.
I try to have a rotational scheme between my iems... haha!
My CKM500's are definitely jealous of my GR01. Actually they are jealous of my Brookstone DDM clones too right now.
Too Many to List...
My Top 4 of All Time !!!
Etymotic ER-4B for Binaural Recordings
Etymotic ER-4S for Serious Monitoring
Etymotic ER-4PT for Party TYME
and last but not least...
Etymotic MC5 with the NRB Mod for CRANKIN IT UP !!!
All others just sit there looking longingly at my ears.
Edited by AstroTurf - 9/17/12 at 9:36am
- Trader Feedback: +55
Flips free review samples, and profits at the
expense of fellow Head-Fiers (like yourself)
- 3,950 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: Sussex, U.K
- Select All Posts By This User
Happy with this.
- Do you own various sound signatures or stick to one?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread 1 minute ago
- › Shootout: 113 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Alpha Design Labs ADL... 1 minute ago
- › A couple good pairs of closed and open headphones? 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Bifrost with Uber Analog and Gen 2 USB, plus with a USB cable. 1 minute ago
- › how many of you guys cook??? 2 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis Meet? 2 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 5 minutes ago
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › ASUS Essence III by 00lunar
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by TheGame21x
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Klonatans
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)