It's a pretty simple question, no need to argue, or say which IEM's are the best, or get into any burn-in debates. I was just wondering if most people picked different sounding IEM's for different genres or different moods, or if most people picked a certain sound signature and stuck with it for everything. Do you have a bassy IEM and a neutral/analytical one, or just something in the middle for everything? Or maybe your'e just a basshead and like everything with a 16db bass boost? Lets see.....
- productAudio Technica ATH-CKM500 BK | Inner Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productDenon AH-C710 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- productEtymotic MC5tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productHiSoundAudio Golden Crystaltagged by System, 9/19/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/19/12
- productSennheiser IE80tagged by System, 9/19/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 9/19/12More
- productVSONIC GR01tagged by System, 9/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Recommend me a good IEM without an AMP and etc. Last post on 9/16/12 at 10:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yet another "best IEM for ~€120 ($150)" thread Last post on 11/2/12 at 5:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thievery! Last post on 9/28/12 at 9:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Having trouble choosing, need an upgrade Last post on 9/14/12 at 4:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Audiosense is a new headphone brand in China which surprisingly produces many qualities headphones. The model V2mix4 comes from 4 drivers which are the combination of dynamic drivers and balanced...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. when you...
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
I made a video review of the dt770 80ohm quite sometime ago and was finally finished it. I got them on sale at Guitar Center for $179.99 , the deal was better than anywhere on the web so I...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Do you own various sound signatures or stick to one?
Poll Results: Do you own IEM's with various different signatures or one(s) with all the same sound?
72% (29)Different IEM's for different genres/moods
27% (11)one sound signature or one IEM all the time
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I used to be a one safe signature for everything kind of listener. I used to always want a sound that was just natural(not specifically neutral), that worked well for everything. I used to only use or even own one headphone or IEM at a time. I would always sell off the old headphone or IEM when I got something new. I was happy like that for a while, then I began to realize that maybe my metal music would sound better with something less bassy and more resolving. So the search was on for something neutral. Upon getting these neutral IEM's I quickly realized than neutral works well for everything, and absolutely 100% perfect for some genres. I also realized that although my neutral sounding IEM works perfectly fine for electronic music, I sometimes missed the extra bass for this genre in particular. So, now I finally realize why some people may want to own IEM's that sound different.
I'll be using my neutral sounding IEM's for about 90% or my listening, and my bassier sounding IEM with electronic music when I'm craving the bass.
There are also usability considerations. I use my Lune recabled TF10 while commuting for the noise isolation and cable ergonomics..
My ER4 gets most of my headtime in the office, but I do like switching over to the smoother IE80 when fatigue sets in.
Listening to some Purity Ring on my GR01(my neutral IEM), I could definitely live with these as my only IEM, but the Brookstone dual driver DDM clones are a bit more fun with this album. To bad the Brookstones isolate like ibuds.
I try to have a rotational scheme between my iems... haha!
My CKM500's are definitely jealous of my GR01. Actually they are jealous of my Brookstone DDM clones too right now.
Too Many to List...
My Top 4 of All Time !!!
Etymotic ER-4B for Binaural Recordings
Etymotic ER-4S for Serious Monitoring
Etymotic ER-4PT for Party TYME
and last but not least...
Etymotic MC5 with the NRB Mod for CRANKIN IT UP !!!
All others just sit there looking longingly at my ears.
Edited by AstroTurf - 9/17/12 at 9:36am
- Do you own various sound signatures or stick to one?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 54 seconds ago
- › Best HiFi iPhone Earbuds - Audiophile 1 minute ago
- › NuForce Udac-2 + Usb isolator, will it work? 1 minute ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 2 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Gustard H10 Headamp 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor universal for sale amazing condition looks new... 5 minutes ago
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by speedsters
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)