I'm in the market for a new portable music player because I would like to distance myself from Itunes altogether.
- My budget is around 200$ but very flexible.
- I would like to play FLAC without converting them
- Ideally 30 gb + of storage space
- Decent battery life
- I don't have a portable amp
The headphones I use while travelling are Shure se425 and Audio technica ATH-CKM500
I was looking at:
-Cowon C2 (seems like a good piece of hardware, awesome battery life; people seem to dislike the touchscreen and UI)
-Sansa Clip + (Dirt cheap, excellent SQ; poor battery life)
- HIFIman HM-601 (awesome little player; battery life not the greatest)
-Ipod 5.5 (great sounding but still tied to itunes and slow HDD )
There are so many options to chose from, it's quite overwhelming.
Any suggestions, comments or opinions are welcome !