- 228 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: Wisconsin
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ios7, iPhone and Apple CCK Last post on 9/8/16 at 8:02pm in Portable Source Gear
- iPhone 5 (and new Touch) has totally new dock connector - 'Lightning' - adapters... Last post on 9/12/13 at 5:23pm in Portable Source Gear
- DAC vs AMP Last post on 4/4/15 at 9:25am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Soekris R-2R DAC: Technical Details Last post on 11/20/16 at 8:14pm in Dedicated Source Components
- High-end iPhone/office setup Last post on 2/3/15 at 7:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Even at their current $89 price, I consider the Klipsch R6s an excellent value. They are fundamentally honest about what you put into them. Although they reveal a great deal about each recording,...
With my head laid back, eyes closed, and feet tapping to the beat, I can’t help but be thankful for some of the audio equipment that I have. Thankfully, Justin Weber, owner of Ampsandsound,...
Acknowledgment It’s always a privilege to check out new gear in exchange for your honest opinion. Thanks, iFi, for letting me in on this particular party. I’ve been borrowing this unit...
Introduction I have recently had the good fortune to review 1More’s excellent Triple Driver 1001 In Ear Monitors and their MK802 Bluetooth full-sized headphone and was left extremely impressed...
As the rabbit hole of summit-fi in-ear monitors gets deeper and deeper, I find myself encountering the same issues over and over. Most of the high end multiple armature driver in-ear monitors in...
Iphone 5 and new ipod touch DAC? - Page 14post #196 of 2007/12/14 at 5:48pmI also forgot, you can use the app at home usng your iphone while the itouch is playing or hooked up to the speaker dock. You do not have to go near the itouch. The Tango remote app cost $4.99 but can be installed to all your apple devices if log in under one apple account. It is worth it!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 2007/12/14 at 7:37pmQuote:The iPod touch 5G is awesome as a source, indeed. Few things sounds as good.Originally Posted by Awgd8
I have a 2008 Infiniti car that only comes with RCA (Aux) and power outlet in the middle console. So I have this old 2nd Gen Ipod touch and hooked up to the 3.5mm plug to RCA. The sound is so clear compared to my car's head unit. The only problem is since it is an RCA and not USB, i cannot control the itouch through the head unit excoet the volume.
So I searched online and found out about the Tango remote app. You can use any apple device with a bluetooth capabilites and you now can control the other apple device. Initially, i used the Ipad as the remote and the old itouch as the audio player and it works seemlessly.
I was so happy that I decided to buy a Gen5 itouch and use it as the audio player and the old itouch as my remote. Using the Tango app, I could navigate through the GEN 5 itouch audio files using the remote old itouch. It is like having all my music being access (controlled) through the Car's head unit, but better bec. The control is on the palm of my hanf.
Sound is excellent using the Gen5 itouch. My car speaker are Poineer TSD1602R. Beautiful clear sound coming from both speakers and Gen5 itouch. It will be a plus to anyone if they already have an iphone. They can use the iphone as a remote control.
Nice impressions.post #198 of 2007/12/14 at 7:51pmpost #199 of 2007/12/14 at 8:06pmQuote:
I think you can get a similar level of absolute quality from either one, but your preference and music genre will determine whether you like the classic or touch more:
To my ears the classic is "slower." The 5G touch is sharper, more responsive and edgy by comparison. If you listen to bass-heavy, or electronica music, anything you'd describe with words like rumble, drive, air, aura, ethereal (so both lows and highs), I think you'll get more of a kick out of the touch's reproduction.
With slower, more moderate types of music, or classical, there may be little to no difference, or you may even prefer the classic in some way.
For anyone who uses the EQ more than sparingly, the touch would be better because it'll automatically prevent clipping. The classic's system never received this feature and heavier presets will cause distortion.post #200 of 2007/12/14 at 8:18pmQuote:The iPod touch 5G is perhaps better technically, but the result amped is almost the same, I think.
I will go with the Classic if i choose a external DAC+Amp like the C5D with it, and the iTouch 5G using its internal DAC directly or amped.
- Iphone 5 and new ipod touch DAC?
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 36 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 53 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 2 minutes ago
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Earphone Review by mark2410 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 10 minutes ago
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Soundaware Esther by ambchang
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Hisoundfi
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear