- 228 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: Wisconsin
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ios7, iPhone and Apple CCK Last post on 2/16/17 at 2:40am in Portable Source Gear
- iPhone 5 (and new Touch) has totally new dock connector - 'Lightning' - adapters... Last post on 9/12/13 at 5:23pm in Portable Source Gear
- DAC vs AMP Last post on 4/4/15 at 9:25am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Soekris R-2R DAC: Technical Details Last post on 1/23/17 at 12:09pm in Dedicated Source Components
- High-end iPhone/office setup Last post on 2/3/15 at 7:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Bought these bad boys on sale from Harman Audio. Very clear and balanced sound for the price range, I have also had some good Grado SR80i headphones that I gave to my brother but the AKG K550 has...
Introduction Based on the very successful Delta earphones previously, Brainwavz has come up with a second version of the Delta’s, now upgraded with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. As these are...
Introduction FiiO X5 3rd generation is the successor of the loved by many X5 2nd generation DAP from FiiO. I requested to be a part of the tour for X5 3rd gen because I really wanted to hear...
After spending over a week of daily listening to these ciems I can confidently say that I have made an excellent choice with these ciems. There is nothing that i can say that hasn't been already...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we'll be checking out a micro-driver that's been, for the most part, well-received around the forums. Their small size, low price, and sonic performance have made them a...
Iphone 5 and new ipod touch DAC? - Page 14post #196 of 2007/12/14 at 5:48pmI also forgot, you can use the app at home usng your iphone while the itouch is playing or hooked up to the speaker dock. You do not have to go near the itouch. The Tango remote app cost $4.99 but can be installed to all your apple devices if log in under one apple account. It is worth it!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 2007/12/14 at 7:37pmQuote:The iPod touch 5G is awesome as a source, indeed. Few things sounds as good.Originally Posted by Awgd8
I have a 2008 Infiniti car that only comes with RCA (Aux) and power outlet in the middle console. So I have this old 2nd Gen Ipod touch and hooked up to the 3.5mm plug to RCA. The sound is so clear compared to my car's head unit. The only problem is since it is an RCA and not USB, i cannot control the itouch through the head unit excoet the volume.
So I searched online and found out about the Tango remote app. You can use any apple device with a bluetooth capabilites and you now can control the other apple device. Initially, i used the Ipad as the remote and the old itouch as the audio player and it works seemlessly.
I was so happy that I decided to buy a Gen5 itouch and use it as the audio player and the old itouch as my remote. Using the Tango app, I could navigate through the GEN 5 itouch audio files using the remote old itouch. It is like having all my music being access (controlled) through the Car's head unit, but better bec. The control is on the palm of my hanf.
Sound is excellent using the Gen5 itouch. My car speaker are Poineer TSD1602R. Beautiful clear sound coming from both speakers and Gen5 itouch. It will be a plus to anyone if they already have an iphone. They can use the iphone as a remote control.
Nice impressions.post #198 of 2007/12/14 at 7:51pmpost #199 of 2007/12/14 at 8:06pmQuote:
I think you can get a similar level of absolute quality from either one, but your preference and music genre will determine whether you like the classic or touch more:
To my ears the classic is "slower." The 5G touch is sharper, more responsive and edgy by comparison. If you listen to bass-heavy, or electronica music, anything you'd describe with words like rumble, drive, air, aura, ethereal (so both lows and highs), I think you'll get more of a kick out of the touch's reproduction.
With slower, more moderate types of music, or classical, there may be little to no difference, or you may even prefer the classic in some way.
For anyone who uses the EQ more than sparingly, the touch would be better because it'll automatically prevent clipping. The classic's system never received this feature and heavier presets will cause distortion.post #200 of 2007/12/14 at 8:18pmQuote:The iPod touch 5G is perhaps better technically, but the result amped is almost the same, I think.
I will go with the Classic if i choose a external DAC+Amp like the C5D with it, and the iTouch 5G using its internal DAC directly or amped.
- Iphone 5 and new ipod touch DAC?
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 25 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 25 seconds ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 1 minute ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 1 minute ago
- › Cypherus Audio Products Discussion Thread: CampFred Earbuds, QFred... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD600 and Schiit Asgard 2 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 5 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears unveils the new UE PRO 18+ 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear