Oh I forgot to add, based on GE's graphs, the IP5's Line-out performance is very very close to the IP4's (which is the best of the 3), while the 4S is notably inferior to both here.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ios7, iPhone and Apple CCK Last post on 2/16/17 at 2:40am in Portable Source Gear
- iPhone 5 (and new Touch) has totally new dock connector - 'Lightning' - adapters... Last post on 9/12/13 at 5:23pm in Portable Source Gear
- DAC vs AMP Last post on 4/4/15 at 9:25am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Soekris R-2R DAC: Technical Details Last post on 1/23/17 at 12:09pm in Dedicated Source Components
- High-end iPhone/office setup Last post on 2/3/15 at 7:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Introduction FiiO X5 3rd generation is the successor of the loved by many X5 2nd generation DAP from FiiO. I requested to be a part of the tour for X5 3rd gen because I really wanted to hear...
After spending over a week of daily listening to these ciems I can confidently say that I have made an excellent choice with these ciems. There is nothing that i can say that hasn't been already...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we'll be checking out a micro-driver that's been, for the most part, well-received around the forums. Their small size, low price, and sonic performance have made them a...
Equipment to compare. iFi iDSD Black Label AMP/DAC (returned) Beyerdynamic T1 2nd Gen Headphones (returned) Meridian Explorer 2 AMP/DAC (returned) Beyerdynamic A20 Amp (returned) HiFiMan X...
RHA CL1 – initial impressions Reid Heath Audio are a Scotland-based manufacturer who will be familiar to iFans, with their T10i and T20i all-metal IEMs being prominently displayed in Apple...
Iphone 5 and new ipod touch DAC? - Page 8post #106 of 20010/12/12 at 12:15pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 20010/12/12 at 12:33pmDon't forget the Galaxy Note 2 which will have an output impedance of about 2 ohms according to my maths applied to gsmarena graph.
For the first time ever iPod Touch has a much lower impedance than its iPhone peer. Surprising i think. If it had had 128gb i would have ordered one in a heartbeat.
You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmotherpost #108 of 20010/12/12 at 7:33pmQuote:
How can GE test the IP5 line out? There is no access to analog sound through the Lightning connector. Is this using the new adapter with internal DAC? (If so, that is very interesting.) Or using the headphone out as a line out?post #109 of 20010/12/12 at 8:45pmQuote:
I really would like to know that as wellpost #110 of 20010/12/12 at 9:48pmpost #111 of 20010/12/12 at 11:35pmI think that Goldenears is measuring the headphone jack without load not the line out port.
I'll double check with them anyway
You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmotherpost #112 of 20010/13/12 at 12:01am
Ya, I may be wrong and it's not the LO, but what's confusing is the fact that the 4S has a lot more roll-off than the 5 despite of the lower output impedance in the unloaded and loaded tests.
I think they mimic the LO in the HO, strange, it's an amplifier test as they like to call it.
Edited by Inks - 10/13/12 at 12:03ampost #113 of 20010/13/12 at 9:57ampost #114 of 20010/13/12 at 10:43ampost #115 of 20010/13/12 at 11:05ampost #116 of 20010/13/12 at 11:39amQuote:
If you actually click the link, it tells you...lolpost #117 of 20010/13/12 at 12:30pmpost #118 of 20010/13/12 at 12:39pmpost #119 of 20010/13/12 at 2:16pmI don't think i could explain to my grandmother that the built-in dac is Cirrus and the adapter one is Wolfson. My 92 grandmoher will never understand this move;)
You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother
- Iphone 5 and new ipod touch DAC?
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Speaker amps for headphones 1 minute ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 1 minute ago
- › Grado GH-1 Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Etymotic ER-4SR for Earsonics ES3 or $325 2 minutes ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 2 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear