I am looking to pick up this combination in the following weeks. Would you guys say this is a good combo or perhaps there is something better for the PS-500s? Thanks for the input!
Related Forum Threads
- Not that impressed with the Phillips X2 Last post on 7/20/15 at 4:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- *PRICE DROP* Woo WA6 with Sophia Rectifier and 6GL7/6EM7 Tubes Last post on 3/26/15 at 1:04pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- *****Review***** Grado PS500 Last post on 12/4/14 at 7:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!!!!! Icon Audio mkII Hp8 vs Woo Audio WA6 Last post on 7/25/14 at 3:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Better Amp, Wa6 or Lyr. Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
The Introduction Well, lovely citizens of head-fi, I am finally ready to bring you the review of the new T50RP mod by ZMF Headphones, known as the ZMF Omni. It is a semi-open headphone that...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website link:...
Preamble: Hi guys, I'm a budding audio-appreciator since starting on this journey about a year and a half ago. I just have average ears that like to listen to slightly above average music and so...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Brainwavz S3 you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated...
Introduction First of all, I would like to thank Aune (@AuneAudio) for giving me the opportunity to review their unit. This is the link to the relevant head-fi thread:...
Grado PS-500 + WooAudio WA6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I had this combo, sold the PS500's.
It's amazing that I hear just a little improvement with the WA6 as opposed to my Peachtree Audio Nova. The Woo is such a brilliant build and gorgeous to look at, especially with the Sophia Princess 274B.
PS500 w/ WA6 could be a bit of overkill. Grados are so accommodating to so many different amps.
Sorry I can't give you a definitive answer.
Sorry, don't know the HE-400s. I've been tempted but the more I read about them, the more I think they are not for me. I like bright. I know the 400s will have more sub-bass, which I want, but I don't want to give up the liveliness and fun of the Grados. What differences do you hear?
- Grado PS-500 + WooAudio WA6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New member roll call 32 seconds ago
- › What Live concerts have you attended? 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 1 minute ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 5 minutes ago
- › Hiii Head-Fiers! Glad to Join the Community! 8 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by GioF71
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Philips SHE3905BK/27 In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Black by Whitigir
- › Music Hall de-be Portable Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2