I am looking to pick up this combination in the following weeks. Would you guys say this is a good combo or perhaps there is something better for the PS-500s? Thanks for the input!
Related Forum Threads
- Not that impressed with the Phillips X2 Last post on 7/20/15 at 4:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- *PRICE DROP* Woo WA6 with Sophia Rectifier and 6GL7/6EM7 Tubes Last post on 3/26/15 at 1:04pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- *****Review***** Grado PS500 Last post on 12/4/14 at 7:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!!!!! Icon Audio mkII Hp8 vs Woo Audio WA6 Last post on 7/25/14 at 3:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Better Amp, Wa6 or Lyr. Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
Grado PS-500 + WooAudio WA6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I had this combo, sold the PS500's.
It's amazing that I hear just a little improvement with the WA6 as opposed to my Peachtree Audio Nova. The Woo is such a brilliant build and gorgeous to look at, especially with the Sophia Princess 274B.
PS500 w/ WA6 could be a bit of overkill. Grados are so accommodating to so many different amps.
Sorry I can't give you a definitive answer.
Sorry, don't know the HE-400s. I've been tempted but the more I read about them, the more I think they are not for me. I like bright. I know the 400s will have more sub-bass, which I want, but I don't want to give up the liveliness and fun of the Grados. What differences do you hear?
- Grado PS-500 + WooAudio WA6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 3 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 3 minutes ago
- › In-Ear for metal <$200 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 4 minutes ago
- › Stageiver SD3 - InEar StageDiver SD-3 4 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Meet Downtown Montreal 2015 AUGUST 30TH DATE CONFIRMED 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2