I am looking to pick up this combination in the following weeks. Would you guys say this is a good combo or perhaps there is something better for the PS-500s? Thanks for the input!
Related Forum Threads
- Not that impressed with the Phillips X2 Last post on 2/23/15 at 4:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- *PRICE DROP* Woo WA6 with Sophia Rectifier and 6GL7/6EM7 Tubes Last post on 3/26/15 at 1:04pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- *****Review***** Grado PS500 Last post on 12/4/14 at 7:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!!!!! Icon Audio mkII Hp8 vs Woo Audio WA6 Last post on 7/25/14 at 3:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Better Amp, Wa6 or Lyr. Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Before I get into my review, some disclosure: I received a free loaner unit as part of a mini North American tour, set up and sponsored by @EmpJ of CTC Audio. I got to keep the unit for a...
First off, I want to thank Brainwavz and Audrey for this BLU-100 unit. Packaging and Accessories I received the BLU-100 before its release and it came in the Brainwavz iem case without...
These have been the best headphones I have used for $99. For the few weeks they worked, it was amazing. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, the right earcup detached from the headband. They seem to...
It was a long time since I orignally intended to write this review as I wanted to check black Velvet in addition to the Crystal velvet I've had. You can find a lot of impression on Head-fi...
The ATH-CK9’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. Built and accessories: The ATH-CKR9 is a dual dynamic IEM featuring two 13mm drivers. The drivers are...
Grado PS-500 + WooAudio WA6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I had this combo, sold the PS500's.
It's amazing that I hear just a little improvement with the WA6 as opposed to my Peachtree Audio Nova. The Woo is such a brilliant build and gorgeous to look at, especially with the Sophia Princess 274B.
PS500 w/ WA6 could be a bit of overkill. Grados are so accommodating to so many different amps.
Sorry I can't give you a definitive answer.
Sorry, don't know the HE-400s. I've been tempted but the more I read about them, the more I think they are not for me. I like bright. I know the 400s will have more sub-bass, which I want, but I don't want to give up the liveliness and fun of the Grados. What differences do you hear?
- Grado PS-500 + WooAudio WA6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 31 seconds ago
- › Topping NX2 Portable DAC/Amp Impressions Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Recommendations for over ear set, closed, that is easy to drive 41 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Custom Art's First Foray into Acrylic CIEMs: Ei.3 3 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 3 minutes ago
- › ALO Pan Am desktop/portable headphone amp/DAC: Impressions and Reviews 4 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum In-Ears Review by mark2410 5 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by wofsie
- › Etymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones by Chiek
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2