I am looking to pick up this combination in the following weeks. Would you guys say this is a good combo or perhaps there is something better for the PS-500s? Thanks for the input!
Related Forum Threads
- Better Amp, Wa6 or Lyr. Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Like new WA6 + Sophia Princess, 6GL7, 7N7 tube upgrades (free shipping and PayPal) (PRICE DROP!) Last post on 7/9/14 at 11:11pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- The 500s Side-By-Side: Testing the HiFiMAN HE-500, Grado PS500, and Shure SE535 Comparatively Last post on 6/9/14 at 11:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sophia Princess 274B glass becoming tinted Last post on 6/4/14 at 11:01pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Mint Grado PS500 - Interest Check Last post on 5/23/14 at 9:42pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
Grado PS-500 + WooAudio WA6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I had this combo, sold the PS500's.
It's amazing that I hear just a little improvement with the WA6 as opposed to my Peachtree Audio Nova. The Woo is such a brilliant build and gorgeous to look at, especially with the Sophia Princess 274B.
PS500 w/ WA6 could be a bit of overkill. Grados are so accommodating to so many different amps.
Sorry I can't give you a definitive answer.
Sorry, don't know the HE-400s. I've been tempted but the more I read about them, the more I think they are not for me. I like bright. I know the 400s will have more sub-bass, which I want, but I don't want to give up the liveliness and fun of the Grados. What differences do you hear?
- Grado PS-500 + WooAudio WA6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions 43 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › SPL PHONITOR 2 NEW HEADPHONE AMP 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.085 . . . . 1 minute ago
- › New Onkyo ES-FC300 / HF300? 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 1 minute ago
- › Sophia Princess 274B / Mighty USAF-596 / 2 pair of Tung-sol 5998s 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 1 minute ago
- › Post HD800: The Search For a Sidekick 3 minutes ago
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)