I am looking to pick up this combination in the following weeks. Would you guys say this is a good combo or perhaps there is something better for the PS-500s? Thanks for the input!
Related Forum Threads
- Help!!!!! Icon Audio mkII Hp8 vs Woo Audio WA6 Last post on 7/25/14 at 3:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Better Amp, Wa6 or Lyr. Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Like new WA6 + Sophia Princess, 6GL7, 7N7 tube upgrades (free shipping and PayPal) (FINAL PRICE... Last post on 7/18/14 at 4:44pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- The 500s Side-By-Side: Testing the HiFiMAN HE-500, Grado PS500, and Shure SE535 Comparatively Last post on 6/9/14 at 11:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sophia Princess 274B glass becoming tinted Last post on 6/4/14 at 11:01pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
Grado PS-500 + WooAudio WA6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I had this combo, sold the PS500's.
It's amazing that I hear just a little improvement with the WA6 as opposed to my Peachtree Audio Nova. The Woo is such a brilliant build and gorgeous to look at, especially with the Sophia Princess 274B.
PS500 w/ WA6 could be a bit of overkill. Grados are so accommodating to so many different amps.
Sorry I can't give you a definitive answer.
Sorry, don't know the HE-400s. I've been tempted but the more I read about them, the more I think they are not for me. I like bright. I know the 400s will have more sub-bass, which I want, but I don't want to give up the liveliness and fun of the Grados. What differences do you hear?
- Grado PS-500 + WooAudio WA6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread. 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › How to get audio from my sound card when I connect my computer to... 2 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Can you guys help me choose between these headphones? 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Have Asus Xonar U7 headphone amp newbie wants to know if I can use... 5 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-Sigma Pro in excellent condition and new earpads 6 minutes ago
- › Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0 6 minutes ago
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)