Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours › [IMPRESSIONS] UK Head-Fi Meet September 15th 2012 - Cambridge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[IMPRESSIONS] UK Head-Fi Meet September 15th 2012 - Cambridge - Page 5  

post #61 of 92
Thanks chaps. Will look him up!
post #62 of 92

Guys,

 

I don't want to deflect this thread away from attendees impressions of the equipment that they demoed last Saturday, so briefly...

 

Proposition - head-fi mini-meet in February 2013.

 

Location - my local village hall in King's Lynn (PE30 3SF).

 

Rationale - to demo the more esoteric kit that I couldn't display last time and for people to bring their own equipment, no retailers or raffle, just gear and music!

 

Cost - if 20 people commit it'll be £5 each payable in advance via PayPal.

 

Logistics - 90 minutes from London by rail or approx. 2 hours by road. I can offer rail travellers a free pick up and drop off from the station to hall and visa versa.

 

Beverages - Free tea/coffee and biscuits. Convenience store very nearby that sells sandwiches.

 

If you're seriously interested please PM me and I'll start a new thread for this.

 

Cheers,

 

Andy.


Edited by smial1966 - 9/20/12 at 11:48pm
post #63 of 92

If an head-fi mini meeting is being planned for February next year in Kings Lynn then I'll ask Ian if he'd like to go,  if we did end up attending and anyone is allowed to bring their equipment again, there's a good chance we'll bring my K-01 this time. However I would only do this if the tables are a lot stronger than they were at the previous meeting. By that time I should have the Aristaeus so if we do decide to go I'll bring either that or the BHSE. If I did decided to bring the K-01 [ Strength of tables depending ] then those that want to hear what the K-01's like would be best to bring their own CD's, because they'd be used to hearing those CD's.

 

                                Dave.

 

P.S. IMO an iPod used with the 009 + BHSE does sound pretty good, but using the K-01 ?

post #64 of 92

Hi Andy

I'll commit to a mini-meet in KL in Feb.

(notwithstanding I've just committed to another activity which occurs on Sundays throughout the winter months?)

(another)David

post #65 of 92

Andy

 

Sounds good to me. I am in.

 

Thanks

 

ian

post #66 of 92

Thanks for all the great work on the last show.....really enjoyed it.     I'd be keen to come to KL in feb depending on final dates.      I'd love to hear your ECP solid state amp with my Grado's.....Regards    Damian

post #67 of 92

depending when in feb I'll try and make it 

post #68 of 92

Guys,

 

I'll start looking at a Saturday next February to hold the mini-meet on.  L3000.gif

 

Incidentallythere's a nice little piece on the Cambridgeshire Deaf Association website -  http://www.cambsdeaf.org/ - acknowledging the donation of £1,150 raised from the meet. 

 

Cheers,

 

Andy.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smial1966 View Post

Guys,

 

I don't want to deflect this thread away from attendees impressions of the equipment that they demoed last Saturday, so briefly...

 

Proposition - head-fi mini-meet in February 2013.

 

Location - my local village hall in King's Lynn (PE30 3SF).

 

Rationale - to demo the more esoteric kit that I couldn't display last time and for people to bring their own equipment, no retailers or raffle, just gear and music!

 

Cost - if 20 people commit it'll be £5 each payable in advance via PayPal.

 

Logistics - 90 minutes from London by rail or approx. 2 hours by road. I can offer rail travellers a free pick up and drop off from the station to hall and visa versa.

 

Beverages - Free tea/coffee and biscuits. Convenience store very nearby that sells sandwiches.

 

If you're seriously interested please PM me and I'll start a new thread for this.

 

Cheers,

 

Andy.

post #69 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by smial1966 View Post

Guys,

 

I'll start looking at a Saturday next February to hold the mini-meet on.  L3000.gif

 

Incidentallythere's a nice little piece on the Cambridgeshire Deaf Association website -  http://www.cambsdeaf.org/ - acknowledging the donation of £1,150 raised from the meet. 

 

Cheers,

 

Andy.

 

 

 

 

Front page news! Quite right too; £1,150 is an impressive sum. I don't think nearly that amount would have been raised were it not for the huge number of raffle prizes to tempt people normal_smile%20.gif

post #70 of 92
Thread Starter 

That is awesome, glad i put my money into the raffle! Makes the day even better!

post #71 of 92

Andy, thanks for arranging such a great event, and thanks to all those i met there, had a great experience.

 

Its great we raised so much for such a great cuase.

post #72 of 92

That's excellent.   It was an extraordinary raffle.  So pleasing that we had a great day and were also able to raise so much for CDA.

 

Thanks to Andy and all who contributed.

post #73 of 92

I 've just shown my wife the Cambridge Deaf Association page that Andy posted.  We like the bit about "offering advice to fellow  members and generally having fun."

 

And we do, don't we!    Listening to my music through the D33, Borbely amp and Shure 1840 is the most fun I've had with my trousers on for a long time.

post #74 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by headinclouds View Post

I 've just shown my wife the Cambridge Deaf Association page that Andy posted.  We like the bit about "offering advice to fellow  members and generally having fun."

 

And we do, don't we!    Listening to my music through the D33, Borbely amp and Shure 1840 is the most fun I've had with my trousers on for a long time.

Lol, you need to try headphone listening in your birthday suit, it's a hoot.

post #75 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvin sawdust View Post

Lol, you need to try headphone listening in your birthday suit, it's a hoot.

Think about the neighbours ph34r.giftongue.gif


Edited by MrQ - 9/29/12 at 12:27pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours › [IMPRESSIONS] UK Head-Fi Meet September 15th 2012 - Cambridge